Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Group is closed-- Malle Floral samples to pass around

I have received the samples, and after testing them I will be mailing them back to 30 Roses, thus closing the circle!

I am very excited to try them out! Will keep you posted on my impressions. Thanks everyone! I will certainly have enough to test and our wonderful 30 Roses who hosted the group exchange will be able to test as well, which is fantastic.

So, stay tuned!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Group is closed-- Malle Floral samples to pass around

So far I only sprayed once Iris Poudre, and I liked its gentle top notes and a nice comforting heart. It became a little too green for me in the base, will need to test again to see at what point in time this transition happened and maybe trace how it happened (if I'm lucky!).

Blog Entries

En Passant... My next spray of it goes not on my skin, since it ruins it, but on some rice paper. I'll be getting some to see if Roses' idea with a pendant would work for such a lovely lilac fragrance that only seems to smell like lilac on me for the first 5 minutes....

Same here,Warum-my skin turned En Passant into a stinker!I wish I had thought to divide up my sprays of this one,as I did with Une Rose.I would love to smell EP as it develops the correct way-I could tell it would be one gorgeous scent on the right chemistry.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Blog Entries

Not a stinker as much, but it's lilac for the first five minutes and then it's like "I got caught in a shower and I am hiding from it under a lilac bush that bloomed some time in the past." Greenish and watery. Not a stinker, but certainly not what I needed there!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

About the rice paper, I just used it because I had it on hand and it was pretty showing through the holes in the locket. Use any paper!

PerfumeLady, I'm sure to get back to Barney's at some point and will try to get another sample to share.

Roses,I would love the chance to try again if we're able,and as long as it wouldn't mean depriving someone who hasn't had the chance to try it of the opportunity.I'd like to spray EP on paper and on my husband,if he'll go for it!I think he would;my lilacs are the only thing I grow that he will actually take time out specifically to walk around the property and sniff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warum View Post
    Not a stinker as much, but it's lilac for the first five minutes and then it's like "I got caught in a shower and I am hiding from it under a lilac bush that bloomed some time in the past." Greenish and watery. Not a stinker, but certainly not what I needed there!
    I would have been glad for more of the green watery effect-on me it really began to remind me of a vase of lilacs after I've forgotten to change the water for a few days!Not pretty.However,I think I did get to enjoy the gorgeous white lilac note for a whole fifteen minutes!Enough to know it's not the fragrance,it's me.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

PerfumedLady,

If it's a true, realistic lilac you're after, you can do no better than Highland Lilac of Rochester. They sell samples, too. Check out their website.

Thanks,Roses!I peeked over there-will go back later today and order my sample!I'm in the mood for spring-y scents already!We've had a long cold winter here in Indiana and no end in sight for awhile.I'm tired of my usual cold weather orientals!Either I have overused them this winter or I'm experiencing a shift in tastes.I guess time and sampling will tell!

Blog Entries

I loved both Malle's roses -- Un Rose is very natural, fresh pink rose, and Lipstick Rose is a fun, fun scent. It does smell like lipstick and it does make me smile