Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Today I sniffed ... (sampling, September 2011)

I tested on the skin today Musk Ravageur -- just to find out that it is strong musk, and perhaps not my thing.

Kenzo Fleur de Prunier -- it's a limited edition and I smelled it and will keep a sample because it will remind me of my friend overseas. But I am not that impressed with the scent per se, although it is nice.

Nina Ricci -- Delice d'Epices. I like it a lot more than I expected, and will sample again!

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Today I sniffed ... (sampling, September 2011)

Hmmmm , Warum- Musc Ravaguer was not my thing either though I even had a full bottle of it.

Well yesterday I was so disgusted with the 3 samples I tried and did not bother to try the fourth I bought which is Ichnusa by Profumum.
    Maybe I should have tried it first !
    Fig , myrtle and cut grass and really leaning towards the myrtle with wafts of figgy-ness . The fig is stronger in the start ( but still subtle ) and then it's more about the green leaves and grass. There is a gentle fig- milk in this too. Very pleasant. Well blended scent.
    Ichnusa is full of quality . Unisex and men would enjoy this one greatly.
    I had read that batches of Ichnusa do vary between very figgy and very green. I think this is green fig and I like it that way .
    For supreme figgy - ness - nothing beats L'Artisan's Premier Fig Extreme . If that is what you are after, Ichnusa may disappoint. Premier Fig Extreme is too much fig pour moi - too much coconut in it too which is distracting .

I LOVE myrtle . The best myrtle I have ever tried is in the unbelievably beautiful scent by Strange Invisible Perfumes for the Mystery of Musk project - Temple of Musk. Very special myrtle from the perfumer's family estate or something like that.
    It is a shame SIP have not added it to their collection for general sale. I wish they would .
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 2nd September 2011 at 03:57 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Idylle Duet.

Last night I attended a Guerlain event held in collaboration with Fendi and a local interior design company.

It was basically play-time for grown ups . . . check out the interior stuff, chat with the guy from Fendi making a handbag on the spot, play with the goods and then listen to a talk from Guerlain's Head of Fragrance about L'Art de Matiere series, complete with video presentation and samples of benzoin, orris, oakmoss and other raw materials passed around. It was great - very informal and really fun to see people working their way through the perfumes and really getting involved. No pretence, no posing, sort of a pyjama party atmosphere, I guess. Everyone walked out with cool little black fans impregnated with Bois d'Armenie, Rose Barbare, Tonka Imperiale or whatever took your fancy and a goodie bag that included a bottle of Idylle Duet. I should mention that I don't bat an eyelid when this happens (the fact that Guerlain should only hand out bottles of a perfume marketed to women at a VIP event) because I seem to be one of only two male 'VIPs' who gets invited to these things. Fortunately mr. frowned-upon (fellow basenoter) was there (as was our own ms. coconut) but even if he hadn't shown up I'm cool with being the only guy in a room full of elegant women spraying perfume with gay abandon.

I feel reasonably well qualified to comment on Duet because I know Idylle, the original, pretty well from the launch here a couple of years back - it was a big event attended by Thierry Wasser (nice guy) and others from Paris, as part of their Hong Kong / Shanghai / Beijing Tour. So my introduction was not the usual modest 'haze' of Idylle on a scent strip so much as inhaling the stuff for a good hour or so. The air in the cocktail space in Central was thick with it so my 'scent memory' of Idylle is clear as a bell and very tactile, to put it mildly, and I have bought bottles for a couple of 'non perfumista' ladies who I think enjoy it.

Duet strikes me immediately as an 'effortless' rose and patchouli. It is clearly Idylle, but dressed for cooler weather. When Idylle was launched here the boutiques all had five paper lined wine-glasses set out on the counter so you could smell the individual notes in the composition. Not a big thing, but when you consider the usual way of hitting people with a spritz in the mall, this more 'educational' approach, coupled now with the small story on the box of Duet about how these two notes have been 'brought forward' from within the original Idylle, appeals to me. It's marketing, sure, but it also gives the customer the beginnings of some insight into what the thing is made of.

Anyway, I like the lift of the rose - something about it made me think of Malle's 'Une Rose'. It's not as robust, of course, but it has the same dark shade to me, at least initially. The patchouli is incredibly well handled. It's always a balancing act this combo and particularly with a composition that is clearly aimed at bringing a new Guerlain customer into the fold I would imagine getting it right is a real feat of calibrating the patchouli with everything else. It seems to evolve nicely, and from what I can see it handles itself well in terms of projection - it's there, but not in your face as can happen when patchouli is involved.

I have no idea of how this has been doing in the marketplace or what you ladies of basenotes think of it but as a guy sitting on the sidelines I can say I like it - I think it has a certain sophistication about it that bodes well for the future . . . I imagine it will do well over here.

PS Moved this to HK Forum with pics from the evening for anyone who is interested

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268...15#post2283515
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 14th September 2011 at 07:05 AM.

Today I sniffed Coco by Chanel for the third or fourth time. Decided to wear it. I took some steps to add a little longevity and I have to admit, I like it better this time. I loved the spicy, "sparkling" stuff at the beginning. The middle fell a little flat. I'm beginning to think I may not like jasmine? Then the base stepped up. I really enjoy the scent's warmth and hint of spice, but must say, I wish it ws "more". More spice, more heat more sweetness, more smoke, more something!

This is considered such a classic, I'll probably try it again, but so far, cannot justify a bottle...
    ~ Leilah

"To dance is to be out of yourself. Larger, more beautiful, more powerful." ~Agnes De Mille

Basenotes Institution

Leilahdancer - Coco smells wonderful on my mother but whenever I try it , I feel overwhelmed . It's a beauty but I can't justify a bottle of it either . I think I just enjoy smelling this on others.

Blog Entries

Mimi,
    your description of Ichnusa sounds exciting! This one must be gooood.

I haven't tried the Extreme, but I did like Premier Figuer without the extreme... and it seems to me, without coconut as well. I liked it.

Got a sample of No. 19 Poudre, and I'm not quite sure what to think. The original No. 19 was much too piercingly sharp for my tastes, and while Poudre is definitely softer and pretty, it's gone in an hour. I guess 19's not a lucky number for me. :/

Today I smelled Prada Candy, I expected to like it, but instead it was a scrubber on me . I don't wash off perfumes too often, but this one was bad. It smelled like baby powder, old-fashioned face powder. Not only not my thing, but really awful on me. I am glad it gets along well with some of my fellow Basenoters. Who wants a free 5ml decant? Write me a pm.
    Evenstar

Quote Originally Posted by Warum View Post
    I tested on the skin today Musk Ravageur -- just to find out that it is strong musk, and perhaps not my thing.

Kenzo Fleur de Prunier -- it's a limited edition and I smelled it and will keep a sample because it will remind me of my friend overseas. But I am not that impressed with the scent per se, although it is nice.

Nina Ricci -- Delice d'Epices. I like it a lot more than I expected, and will sample again!
    Warum, I bought Delice d'Epices a few months ago. I found it very lovely. I am surprised it did not get more conversation from bloggers.
    Evenstar

Basenotes Plus

mr reasonable--- sounds like a great time!!!

today I sniffed Estee Lauder Pleasures Bloom while running through Macy's to another store in the mall.
    Nothing to recommend unless you want something safe for your auntie, who happens to be a lifelong EL fan, to wear to church to smell "nice". Synthetic in the opening opening and can't discern what kind of blooms are supposed to be blooming here.
    Last edited by knit at nite; 9th September 2011 at 05:57 AM. Reason: correcting dyslexic spelling
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Portrait of a Lady for the first time.
    My thoughts went like this:
    "Oh, thank god, I won't need a bottle of this expensive stuff." Three minutes later, "Wait a second....this is marvelous, this is beautiful, this is more complex than I thought...." and then came the gravity of the incense, tethering the flighty rose notes and I thought, "OMG I HAVE to arrange a bottle split or get a decant, or get more samples," and THEN after about two hours, it had died down to a thin sweet honey rosy presence that I am not sure I like or need in my life at all. If I could have just stopped it at the divine spicy incense phase. Or not. 300 (as in dollars per bottle) is a big number.

Conclusion: must test again.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Today I have Dans Tes Bras on one wrist and Eau l'Hiver on the other. I am unimpressed. I attribute this to the journey my nose has taken recently into big classic scents like Joy, Aromatics Elixir, Chanel no. 5 and Bandit. There is just not enough happening in these two, rather flat, linear creatures. Salty, the one, clean, the other, both of them are boring me today. Eau l'Hiver reminds me of washed marzipan, if that makes any sense at all.

A couple of years ago I loved these two. What happened? I really think it's about where I am at in my fragrance journey.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Basenotes Institution

rtamara- I guess our tastes change. Mine has as well but a bit in reverse to yours. I love L'eau d'Hiver but Dans Tes Bras ...not so much .
    Knit- yes Pleasures Bloom is quite synthetic and generic to me too but for some reason, I love it. Maybe because it's soapy in the way the original Pleasures is and Pleasures Bloom is very easy to wear to the gym . I find Pleasures and Pleasures Bloom to be 'hazy ' and gauzy type scents.
    Talking of Pleasures, I re-sniffed this one because Kevin ( Guyer ) has said it has 'a Dove soap vibe' to it in an earlier thread and it does ! Pleasures is a greener and sharper scent ( lily of the valley ?? ) to Pleasures Bloom which has a woody- vanilla base with a fruity ( grapefruit ) top .
    At one time, I really disliked Pleasures and didn't 'get it' but I get it now. I am quite fond of it. My sister is still using the bottle of Pleasures she has, as a room spray . *LOL*

On my weekend travels I tested Auric Blends Egyptian Goddess- their bestseller. ( It reminds me of Ava Luxe musks - to me , Ava Luxe has a distinct underlying pleasant ' Ava Luxey ' tone . If you get what I mean . )
    Very pleasant and it goes powdery florally mixed with musk as it wears on. When I was paying at the checkout of Whole Foods , the cashier was really taken with the smell of Egyptian Goddess on me . I didn't think anyone could smell it. Good and subtle stuff .
    I also tested Nemat Oils at Whole Foods and Kuumba Made oils.
    In total I am still reminded of Ava Luxe's oils/ musks which is a good I guess. I loved Narcissus by Nemat Oils but decided I have enough perfume so I didn't buy ! Plus DH was breathing down my neck ! *LOL*

At Sephora :Narciso Roderiguez's Essence Eau de Musc - quite pleasant to begin with and then it dropped into cheapo Iso E Super - a helluva lot of it too .
    NR Essence ( original ) - much better ! This reminds me of Cashmere Mist by Donna Karan .
    Both were pretty subtle but looong lasting .
    Hermes Jardin Sur Le Toit - the fruit notes should have appealed to me but frankly, I didn't enjoy the overall aroma. I find it odd. I think there is that green mango note in it like Sur Le Nil . I will have to test again.

At Macy's - Philosophy's Falling In Love.
    I discovered recently that I am extremely partial to blackberries !!! So I sprayed on Falling In Love with glee and hoping it would give me a sense of what Trish McEvoy's # 9 smells like. I read they are similar. I certainly hope that for the price of Trish McEvoy#9 - it smells much better than Falling In Love.
    Pheee-ew ! Falling In Love is far too tart and far too sweet simultaneously. The vanilla smells cheap after a while and there isn't that blackberry muskiness going on either. It's a pass for me. And it damn well lasts- ain't that always the way...
    Baby Grace- for the umpteenth time...
    Very similar to Bobbi Brown's Bath but I have to admit- Baby Grace is superior to Bobbi Brown's Bath concoction.
    The only thing I will say is BB Bath is more neroli and I really don't know what Baby Grace smells like but it's snuggly and good . However both DO smell synthetic and Baby Grace smells even more so in the dry down . I still like it though.
    I was THIS close, THIS close to buying Baby Grace when DH appeared and halted me. Darn it. *LOL*
    DH is totally unimpressed by Baby Grace .
    His take is ...
    DH :"You have Fracas and Hypnotic Poison. "
    MG : " Yees, darling ."
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 6th September 2011 at 04:35 PM.

Blog Entries

He he.

I'm officially jealous of Mr. Reasonable!

I went sniffing today and smelled a few of interest.

One of my guys at Neimans was on a big Piquet kick, so he led me through a few. Baghari was initially the most interesting, a rich thick stew of fruits and flowers that smelled classic, not like a modern fruity floral. I'm not doing it justice with this description... But it dried down to a lackluster soapy baby powder smell. I really need to try it on and give it some real thought. Seriously, those topnotes were awesome.

Visa was a perfectly pleasant old-school "oriental" fusing citrus with amber over a subtle maze of cinnamon and butter. This could either be brilliant, boring, or end up smelling like french toast. One to sample later.

Cravache was a weird one. One of my favorite perfume tricks is when they use a pinch of lavender over a citrusy cologne to make it smell dirtier. Cravache was kind of like that, but all dirt and very little citrus, so it ended up as a sort of deep, woody lavender. And it ended up drying down to amber and woods. It was the least striking on paper at the store, but the one I'm finding the most intriguing now.

I also popped by Chanel to re-smell Cuir de Russie. I wrote a little blurb about it on my blog today, but felt kind of dumb, not having worn it in a while. It's actually more openly floral than I remember (I remember it being more violet-focused, but today's sniff also had a Joy-esque field of flowers humming in the space between the violets and the lush suede). Pretty awesome - I need to get another sample of this...

On the masculine side, I ended up wearing a spritz of Grey Flannel, which I ended up quite liking. Bright violets and deep, dark leafy greens and inky-dark herbs. Almost leathery, but closer to a soapy suede played out under the inky darkness and the happy greens. The soapy drydown is disappointingly bathroom-cleaner-esque, but it's still a nice piece of work.

I kind of liked all three of the new Tom Ford scents. Violet Blond had an interesting old-school vibe, kicking off with a modernist top of violets, aldehydes, and raspberry jam before settling into a musky, woodsy, tobacco-ish (maybe?) suede-ish heart that I couldn't place, but that definitely didn't smell very 2011 - in a way, at least in a precursory sniff, it reminds me more of the Guerlain little black dresses or even simplified portions of Tabac Blond than Tom Ford. I expect more chatter on this one as it becomes more widely available.

Black Violet was essentially a dark, autumn flanker to Violet Blond, where he amped up the raspberry jam with some of that Tom Ford signature patchouli he uses in a lot of his private blends. Nice, with perhaps a wink and a nod to Feminite du Bois, with it's dark, jammy flowers, but still quite modern in its candied sweetness.

Santal Blush was a favorite for me from first sniff. I'm not sure if it has what it takes to replace Le Labo's Santal 33 as my current obsession, but it was buttery and spicy and incence-laden and just the kind of sandalwood that I'm into.

The big news at Diptyque was an interesting project they're working on, giving their favorite noses free reign to create something uniquely Diptyque as limited edition items. Olivia Giocabetti did a mindblowing candle representing the desktop of Diptyque's owner, fusing old woods with dried flowers and smoke and the smells of an old office full of aging leather and books. I tried to buy one, but they're not actually in stock yet. Nose Fabrice Pellegrin did a deeper darker take on their recent 34 called Eau Mage, a smoky, creamy, green affair that wasn't a big attention-grabber on first sniff, but which has unfolded into something really amazing over the course of the day. Nose Olivier Pescheux contributed Eau Particuliere, inspired by an old-fashioned eau that would be sprayed around the house or used in bathing in addition to being worn as a perfume. It was a instant stunner from the bottle, bright citrus and greens that quickly settled to the unforgettable smell of Moroccan mint tea, ending up as a cup of tea in a grassy field of soapy flowers. I need to give both of these a real wearing whenever I can.

Honestly, I was pretty shocked by the quality of the new ones I sniffed today. Both the Diptyques and the Tom Fords were really well done. I haven't been very drawn to much new yet in 2011, but fall may be shaping up into a really good time for perfumes...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Just got my sample of Washington Square by Bond No 9 from Ebay in today.

Notes: Italian bergamot, geranium, tarragon, purple rose, honey, vintage amber, leather accord, vetiver and musk

I wasn't expecting much from this scent based on the reviews (although I take most Bond reviews with a grain of salt as I've found that the general disdain for the brand often times carries over unfairly into the perception of the scents) but I must say I am very, very impressed.

In fact, this is the first time I've been really moved by a scent (you guys know the feeling - it's wonderful, and it happens all too rarely!) in quite some time.

Washington Square opens with a wonderful astringent bergamot note that is unique in its application as it's not really tied to anything later on. This seems like an odd choice - a tart citric opening that quickly fades into a floral/herbal heart, but the juxtaposition is really awesome. The bergamot quickly fades leaving on a hint of tartness as a reminder it was once there, and what develops is a floral herbal fruity affair. They say they use "purple rose" in this, and if I had to guess I'd say the accord is based off of the Burgundy Iceberg rose which has a sweet scent reminiscent of honey. Also present is a dark almost grape-like note - could this be the tarragon interacting with the rose? Tarragon has an anise like facet to its green profile, but the note present in WS is more dark grape (even a hint of wine, perhaps) than anise. The geranium is subdued and I believe used more for its texture than scent - geranium has this rounding effect on notes.. it behaves kind of like an aldehyde in that sense. Careful sniffing does reveal an actual geranium note but it's definitely just a supporting note for this dark, honeyed fruity rose in the heart.

The tarragon and vetiver come out more as time goes on and combine to create a green woody note that calls to mind the green/woody rosemary note in Guerlain's Tonka Imperiale. Combined with the honey, another note that WS and TI share, there is definitely a similarity between the two scents but the accords, although similar, are rendered in completely different 'color palettes'. Whereas Tonka Imperiale is composed primarily of warm reds and browns, Washington Square is a far cooler affair rendered in lilac/burgundy/white with hints of green (the picture on the bottle is a good example of the 'color palette' of the scent.)

While Tonka Imperiale is quite warm throughout, WS is actually quite "cold" upon application - cold and velvety smooth - it calls to mind large snowflakes lazily drifting to the ground on a silent winter evening. WS warms up in the dry down as it begins to resemble TI more and more, but the character of the scents is still quite different. TI is the extroverted uncle, chomping away on numerous gourmand goodies and telling jokes around the fireplace, while WS is the introverted cousin who enjoys the warm christmas-y atmosphere and his uncle's good jokes, but sits in the chair nearest the window and steals many a glance outside at the virginal, serene landscape as his thoughts drift to and fro.

WS starts out leaning feminine, although not any more so than many of the modern masculines (eg: Kenzo Power, Dior Homme), and becomes more masculine although still decidedly unisex as it dries down. Like TI, it seems neither masculine nor feminine - it is genderless but perhaps not seasonless. I've always thought of TI as a "winter only" fragrance as its scent evokes such strong holiday images, and I think WS may fall into the same category. It does seem a bit more versatile than TI though, being less gourmand and less overtly rich (although it does have a smooth richness to it thanks to a large dose of honey).

All in all, this is a wonderful scent that is unlike anything else out there (I compare it to TI mostly because of its strong seasonal feel, and far less so because of the accord they somewhat share). My favorite Bond alongside Harrods Swarovski Ltd. Edition.

edit: Added the notes list to the top of the review. Also thought I should mention that every single note listed is clearly evident in this scent (even the supporting notes), and that there is a subtle but constant evolution throughout that is really quite admirable. Also, the leather note is more "suede-like."
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 9th September 2011 at 07:14 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Blog Entries

l was in the local Lush shop today, & tried out The Smell of Weather Turning, from their Gorilla Perfumes line. l've been wanting to try this one for a while, having been intrigued by the description on their website, but it's an online exclusive, not usually available in their shops. However, l found out through a friend that they had a few bottles stashed out back following a perfume event they held recently (How did l miss that?! Darn!). So l asked nicely & they brought one out for me to spray!

The notes are "rain on grass, smoky notes & sweet hay", although l didn't have that knowledge to hand when trying it.
    The opening is a blast of very dark, green, smoky herbs. Reviewers mention a mint note, but l didn't get that on my skin. This quickly develops into a quite disturbing smell of burning rubber, which persists strongly for a couple of hours before it morphs into an ozonic, marine-like scent with floral elements. Five hours after application, this stage is still detectable.

This is supposed to evoke the smells experienced before, during & after a passing storm, & l'd say that in a way it achieves that. The mid-phase is certainly dark, troubling & rather unsettling, & after this fades it really does feel as though the storm has passed, the sun has come out, & the flowers are exhaling in the fresh, rain-washed air.
    This isn't something l could wear, but it's certainly an unusual & complex fragrance, & it's good to know that Lush are producing stuff that's a bit "out there" rather than just appealing to mainstream tastes. lt's inexpensive, & might appeal to those who enjoy "masculine" fragrances.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Institution

Comme des Garcons' Kyoto .
    I was very interested to sniff this as the reviews have been quite good. It's a very very good light male/female incense / woods. I am not sure when I would want to smell like this scent but it smells very very familiar - like a memory lodged in my brain somewhere. Maybe memories of Asia - of the light waft of incense sticks burning as you walk past a store or something. Maybe even the smell of paper infused with an incensey smell .
    Spiritual ,calm and grounding .Good for meditation if you must wear something whilst forgetting the mind.
    I guess you could get a similar effect by lighting some japanese style incense and standing near it for an hour. You would smell like this scent.

Serge Lutens' L'eau.
    My 2nd sniffaroo of 'the most expensive soap' frag in the world . It's MUCH better this time round ( sampled this last year - thank you Boosh ) - perhaps because I know what to expect and I have been on a soap kick. Anyhow, obviously I am now soap biased so I don't know how much water ( ) my little review holds.
    Extremely pleasant - sharp soap vibe and then a subtle complexity of mild flowers after. MUCH better than both Baby Grace and Bobby Bath combined. Much less synthetic than the Bobbi Brown and Baby Grace.
    If you are going to do the 'shower fresh thing - do L'eau - it's probably the best I have smelt in this category. CLEAN - the brand - being the absolute bottom of the heap.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 16th September 2011 at 05:43 AM.

So, this "sniff" has turned into full review level sniffs. Have any of you checked out the Sample of the Day thread under General Fragrance category? Or am I being harsh and critical? I just don't want the Sample of the Day thread to die a slow, unused death. Unisex, for anybody, foolish and inexperienced (oh, wait, that is just me ) or experienced sniffers. It is.....the Sample of the Day thread. (this is the last blast I am going to say about this duplication of efforts - I give up)

Today, I sniffed a FM fragrance....but I'm going to save my impression for another thread

Edit: I realized that I sounded bitchy, and I certainly don't mean to be. It is just the "compartmental" part of me coming out. I have, in the past, found a lot of great frags to try by searching under "sample of the day", a long standing monthly thread. Now it seems that a lot of great initial impressions are going to be under multiple thread names and harder to find as the months pass. That is the though behind my snarky post

Carry on as you like and see fit, of course
    Last edited by cello; 16th September 2011 at 01:54 AM.

I've got to sample two intriguing perfumes today among others Mimi was kind enough to send.

Sweet Redemption
    caught my attention the most. The first half-hour was absolutely stunning, starting with a limpid green petigrain the way Love & Tears did, and a very fresh yet honeyed animalic orange flower note. It's a little like someone took the honey note from Black To Black and added it to a truly excellent neroli. Fresh yet quite skanky.

The middle part of this fragrance ( not just the heart, but the next five-odd hours ), I'm not so much a fan of. SR loses that vivid forest flowers feeling and goes floriental, a distinct opoponax note coming in on a lot of sweetness. It's a little like marshmallows dusted with Shalimar. The stated myrrh note is no-where to be found; this all about her sweet sister, opononax. It's vanillic in a sweet balsamic way but not smelling of vanilla. Somewhere in these hours it reaches a rather uncomfortable level of sweetness, where I just thought ''too much!'', but thankfully it changed once again and I found myself appreciating the time deeper in the base much more. Here I noticed tuberose and a hint of something cool, lilac-y almost.

Really, the deep base notes of Sweet Redemption aren't a million miles away from Tubereuse Criminelle's drydown, but this is much warmer and more oriental. There's a sweet, powdery, rather edible type of white flowers accord in this I associate with this one and Boucheron Femme, Daphne, and Fleur du Male. It often appears in orange flower accords, but I'm not sure why, as orange flowers smell nothing like these fragrances.

Though the sillage is never big, the longevity on this one is excellent, and I find myself appreciating the time deeper in the base much more.

Overall, this is the most interesting of the soliflores in this line, but not my favorite. I find myself wishing that either it retained the fresh, streamlined quality of the opening ( Which would have made it orange flower Love & Tears, but what's not to like about that? ), or added some drier, more resinous notes and explore the hinted-at Shalimar side. None the less, well worth trying in case: it's not often a fragrance can keep me sniffing and writing notes all day!

On the other hand... Manguier Métisse. Oh dear. While it matches most of the descriptors of a mango ( fruity - yes, sweet - yes, sulfur facets - you betcha! ) the actual smells are terribly wrong. For one it's totally lacking any tangy freshness. It's not dried fruit, either. It's kind of stale, apathetic fruit note overlain with the smell of... farts. Sorry, there it is. I'm reading the notes I wrote on it and the underlined the descriptor ''mango farts'' three times. There's a leathery-rubbery thing going on the background, too. It all catches rather unpleasantly in the throat.

The drydown gets sweeter and sweeter ( oddly, in some places not unlike the floral-balsamic side of the - much nicer - Sweet Redemption ), but it's flower- and resin-sweet not fruit-sweet. It's rather harsh and flat, even after the intestinal fruit has departed after a few hours.

As is so often the case with scrubber-quality fragrances, excellent longevity for Mango Mephisto!

Cello - one thread work well for me too, I'd be happy if the mods could merge, but as both seem quite active, I alternate.

Gotcha, Sug. I agree, a merge would be ideal. But others may see it differently than me, and that is fine too

Basenotes Institution

I always start out quick sniffing but my brain and my mouth get the better of me . Then I ramble on . It's really just a quick sniff , not a review as such . Maybe a quick sniff review .
    See - I'm rambling again !
    I didn't mean to ignore the Sample Thread .

Hey, mimi, I think you've hit on an essential point. The Sample of the day was never meant to be full reviews, but somehow, maybe it became that to some extent. I always take the title very literally - my sample for the day. A sniff, a thought, an unfilled impression, a full review - whatever. Sample of the day doesn't mean a review. There is a separate place for that Quicky thoughts are equally important, we all do that. They lead is to rule something out, or explore further, depending on the description of the frag. Tell me "big white floral" and I'm out of there. That is equally important as a full review in some case.

Anyway, I certainly was not singling out anyone specific. Just a general impression and my general thoughts.

Basenotes Institution

Suga - mango farts !!!!! *LOL* Yes I got that too but didn't have the words but you're right . Apologies to all who love this scent - it just wasn't that ripe juicy mango I wanted .
    I dare not try the Huitieme Art Pear scent now - I doubt it's pear in the style I love the pear note.

On to Penhaligon's Amaranthine !
    By gosh and golly - this is a 5 star scent ! I'm damned late sampling this . I bow to thee Mr. D - oh ye great perfumer .
    First sniff - This smells like Jicky EDP. It's rich , sweet , savory with a lovely , most ' friendly ' and addictive underlying skank. Really gives it a richness . This stuff lasts and progresses. Warm and cuddly dry down with that banana leaf note.

Kyoto by CdG is still humming away but smelling a touch manly !!

Sergie's soap effort is also going and going !

Blog Entries

Suga, l lol'd at "mango farts" too! l'll definitely give that one a miss.

Cello, l totally get your point. My impression was that the Sample of the Day thread was for more detailed impressions of fragrances of which one has a sample or bottle, while this thread is for "quick sniffs" or spritzes from testers. Like Mimi though, l do tend to start rambling when describing what l've smelled! Of course there is a place for full reviews, but l try not to post mine until l've worn a fragrance a few times. These threads are an enjoyable way to post one's first impressions, which of course may change after a few wears.
    Perhaps it is time to merge the two threads, though; l agree they do appear to have got a bit mixed up!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Institution

Good points from Suga, Cello and Teardrop .
    The threads do seem to overlap somewhat. Miss Mimi Blabbermouth just cannot keep the quick sniffs to a couple of lines. *LOL* *LOL*

Cello -- I knew it would happen, from the very start. (Do not feel bad, I have a "sick" Virgo in my Natal chart somewhere too -- just to make you feel better).

Suga -- we told you! No mango there, zilch, nada. Not a very harmonious scent altogether.

Basenotes Institution

1.White Musk Egyptian Oil ( thanks sweetheart Suga !!!!! ) - really very good. Rivals any of the niche white musks out there. Just HAD to test ! Mmmmmmm.
    In fact, in 2008 - I had a niche musk scent which smelt exactly like this one. This smells like Montale Musk to Musk ( which I had in my collection ) OMG it's damned good !

2.Mixed Flowers perfume oil .
    Better than Michele Bergman's Black Gardenia of which this is a 'smell a like' to me. This one is less candy sweet, very lovely and addictive. Deeper and sexier than BG.

3.'Full' perfume oil ( maybe Fullah - a type of rarer Jasmine ? )
    I have tried one other Fullah jasmine perfume called Fullah by Maison Dorin. I was in ecstasies over it - if Jon Rodgers remembers ?
    This seems to be along the same lines- a purer ,lighter, more delicate jasmine. LOVE !
    Literally, right now I feel I am standing ,visiting some great perfume store ,from these aromas. Nothing overpowering but just beautiful smells.

I have been sniffing more of these oils and my conclusion so far is ...
    if I lived in Egypt ,those perfume shops would never get rid of me. *LOL* Migraines be damned and all that.
    I just get the feeling the perfume oils direct from the middle east are less 'cut' or finer, much purer than what we get here in the uS.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 16th September 2011 at 05:00 PM.

Sniffing: Roja Dove's BUZZ!!!

Yes, I know its association with unsavory media. Its cheap bottle/box presentation, etc...And absolutely no one, that I can find, has talked about the juice. But I must say, I kinda like it. It was a blind buy for me at a very reasonable $30 price tag. I figured: How bad can it be?? If he's willing to put his name on it, it's not going to be swill.

Initial impressions: It's a warm, sensual, beautiful and heady bouquet. (I'm getting a lot of ylang-ylang and sandalwood.) And I am glad to have purchased it. It's not a stand out in my wardrobe, but I can see myself reaching for this often. Easy to wear and lovely.

One last word about this fragrance: I remember that he was interviewed/grilled about his association with The Sun...yada, yada, yada. He confessed that he understood why people thought the collaboration odd. But that in the end, BUZZ is still his work. It's still a Roja Dove. I concur. Roja for the masses. And well done, imo!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

This afternoon at West Farms mall I stopped into the newly-opened Anthropologie store, and tried the 6 fragrances in the "A Rather Novel Collection" series.

I will only comment briefly on two of them:
    Hamarikyu Gardens reminded me of the discontinued (and superior) Thymes Fig Leaf & Cassis, although at the end it shares some notes with Privet Bloom.
    Cape of Good Hope is long lasting and warm. It reminds me in some ways of SL Un Lys -- if you like Un Lys, try this and see what you think.

Today I'm sampling Frapin's 1270 on one arm and MDCI Le Rivage des Syrtes on the other.

I really want full bottles of both of these - they are both making me regret a couple bottle purchases from last year. I had no idea I like pineapples in fragrances. Even though I don't think there is any in the 1270 I still smell it - and this seems so nice for fall. The MDCI is more fresher and this one pulls on my heart strings a bit more, I can see myself reaching for this on a daily basis all year around.

PS I sprayed my bf with Lonestar Memories today from a sample we got last year. I forgot how wonderful it is on him. He needs a bottle of this.

Basenotes Institution

This afternoon my Neiman Marcus catalogue arrived so this really is a sniff only.
    Fan di Fendi . Such a weird name to me but the scent is not bad at all.

Notes as per Perfumeshrine.
    Pear, blackcurrant, Calabrian mandarin, pink pepper from Reunion, rose from Damascus, yellow jasmine, soft leather accents and Indonesian patchouli.

So a modern fruity chypre I guess. Of course I would like this..it has pear and blackcurrant in it. Quite a fresh sweet- savory fragrance from the scent strip and this would be nice to test on skin. Lovely jasmine note I am smelling too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    This afternoon my Neiman Marcus catalogue arrived so this really is a sniff only.
    Fan di Fendi . Such a weird name to me but the scent is not bad at all.

Notes as per Perfumeshrine.
    Pear, blackcurrant, Calabrian mandarin, pink pepper from Reunion, rose from Damascus, yellow jasmine, soft leather accents and Indonesian patchouli.

So a modern fruity chypre I guess. Of course I would like this..it has pear and blackcurrant in it. Quite a fresh sweet- savory fragrance from the scent strip and this would be nice to test on skin. Lovely jasmine note I am smelling too.
    Hi Mimi!!!
    I gues this has been launched all over the place. I tried it last week at Nordstrom and liked it, but I had tried several other perfumes. Today I tried it at Macy's. I would have never guessed it has pear (I don't like pear), but I liked this one.
    Evenstar

Basenotes Institution

Arwen - I didn't guess it was pear either ! I cheated and looked up the notes because I just had to know what the sweet fruit was.
    It's really quite good. I must do a skin sniff and test.
    I do love pear in a fragrance ( Gucci by Gucci for example ) . I had some Bartlett pear tonight- the good old Del Monte canned variety in 'lite' syrup . Must buy more of this canned pear............

Amen for pears. It's an underused and relatively unloved note, but man, when it's well executed it's awesome.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Received a BUNCH of testers from a generous friend today--woohoo!

By Killian Cruel Intentions, Back to Black: To quote Men on Films..."hated it!". Cruel Intentions came off exactly like Santal Blush (which I wasn't a fan of, smelled too much like furniture though I love sandalwood) and Back to Black smelled so similar to BPAL's O/Snake Oil/Womb Furie I almost felt like Kilian himself might've gone to the Lab and jacked their ideas.

Montale Auod Velvet: Baby's first Montale, and it was wonderful. Thick, sultry, a little discordant. Love.

Also got SL Datura Noir, and more Montales (Jasmin Full, Intense Tiare), but Cruel Intentions refuses to leave my arm even after a long shower/washing dishes/playing with fuzzy cats so the rest of my testing will be tomorrow.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Amen for pears. It's an underused and relatively unloved note, but man, when it's well executed it's awesome.
    Totally agree Sculpture ! It's heavenly when done right . I read that Annick Goutal was very interested in the floral aspect of the pear note - how close it can smell to rose . Hence the rose-pear notes in Petite Cherie ( pear emphasis then rose ) and Rose Splendide . The emphasis is switched round in Rose Splendide - rose then magnolian pear. I believe the reference is from Bois de Jasmin but I could be mistaken .

Mimi - I must give Fan de Fendi a try some time. There's a certain type of pink jasmine that's blooming everywhere in San Francisco in spring, and after much sniffing, I decided what made it smell so great was that is smelled strongly of ripe pears!

I used to think I hated fruity frags, but the truth is I love them, there's just a lot of badly done ones out there.

My Tauer Miriam arrived today! This one came as a complete surprise; not at all the kind of thing I expect from Tauer; it really doesn't remind me of a single one of his other fragrances.

I understand the whole vintage-modern thing Andy has been talking about when it comes to Miriam. The top notes have a very old school powdery-aldehydic thing that's out of vogue just now, but the aldehydes lean in a slightly fuzzy-lemony direction not found in older fragrances. The drydown has an almondy-powdery yet cooly shimmering quality I can't quite articulate.

Ironically, given the whole Women's Picture collaboration element, the fragrance reminds me of a old men's fragrance: the top notes of Givenchy Gentleman. There's also an Italian fragrance I can't remember just now that reminds me of Miriam.

Not sure if I like or dislike yet, but I'm enjoying it and it's definitely intriguing.

Basenotes Institution

Suga - Miriam sounds very interesting .
    Yes do try Fan di Fendi . I was trying to think of why it's called Fan . I was thinking of ceiling and paper fans ! *LOL* I guess it means follower of Fendi or something like that .

Arwen - I didn't guess it was pear either ! I cheated and looked up the notes because I just had to know what the sweet fruit was.
    Yes, me too and I was surprised, because I normally don't like pear and I definitely did not like the last Hermes Jardin, but this is very nice.

Today I received a package from TPC with...

Patchouli Imperial - For patchouli lovers, this is a flowery patchouli, I think it is very unisex and wearable. I think this is what White Patchouli aimed at.

Vintage Guerlain Ode - Reminds me of Le Galion Snob. I had never smelled this but reminds me of a small bottle of Snob my aunt gave me when I was 12. I like it!! I wished Guerlain brings it back. It is also related to Vega.

De Profundis - A green violet, one example of perfume ad copy not matching the scent.

That's all for now, I need more time with these three, considering I just opened the package about an hour ago.
    Evenstar

Basenotes Institution

Tested out Gold Rush by A Dozen Roses.
    Hmmm... helloooo ....Angel ! Strong ,lasting stuff- sweet ! Blackberry ( yum ) ,neroli, ylang, chocolate and woods. Oh and their exclusive rose absolu ( which I felt was drowned out by The Angel Effect. )

Today I am trying out Elie Saab Le Parfum . This is not the usual departmental store ' dreck ' so to speak . Really quite beautiful /elegant ,from these first sniffaroos. Woodsy ,incensey and orange blossom-ey . Very wearable and definitely for both sexes. Quite lasting it seems .
    One to watch !

Quick sniffs:

Eau d'Italie: Au Lac : This is a truly terrible fragrance. Bland white florals over loud laundry musk and a screetchy, half-woody men's fragrance note. I like smelling this about as much as I like watching eye surgery. A scrubber.

Profumum: Antico Caruso: This kind of smells like Sweet Redemption, only done badly. Loud opoponoax-laden powdery orange blossom candy. Really made me realize how good Sweet Redemption is, and how easy is it is to get this style of fragrance wrong.

Parfums DelRae: Bois de Paradis: How come I always forget this line? Everything I've tried from them is just stellar. Big spicy-peppery ginger note over top creamy woods. Reminds me a little of Opium Pour Homme. Really nice wearing. I was going to wear another sample today but liked this so much it went on both wrists!

Just catching up here:

Elie Saab: nice on the nozzle, reminded me of NR for Her (must be Kurkdjian signature), wasn't so pleased on the skin. Too sweet with some note that didn't blend well (so technical of me, I know)

Bottega Veneta: didn't like opening so much, drydown was lovely in a classic, old school way

Max Mara: random sniff. Is this discontinued? An enjoyable rendition of a fruity floral!

Shalimar Light: the only Shalimar version I can tolerate - very lemony and fresh

Shalimar Initial: smells too much like the real thing for my liking. Drydown was just okay, musk is fine by me.

Mitsouko EDT from the 80s: Disliked. There's a spiciness in the middle which put me off. Prefer EdC from the 60s.

Martin Margiela Untitled: interesting, green, soapy, fresh, no longevity, wouldn't full-bottle it. The L'eau is abysmal.

Prada Candy: nozzle sniff only. Reminds me of Rosine's Rose Praline.

Vintage Kenzo Parfum d'Ete: just glorious, fresh and not sharp. Miles away from the current reformulation.

Vintage Must de Cartier: I see and appreciate the beauty in this, but it is too much, too heavy for me

Eau de My Sin: Intrigued, powdery...chypre? I am not so good with genres. Not sure I would go for the 100ml bottle I saw, though.

Diesel Unleaded for men: Interesting topsy-turvy triangle. Smoky, incensey beginning which later becomes fresher and more citrusy.

Chanel No. 19 Poudre: Blotter test only. Very nice, pleasant, easy on the leather and galbanum, and I did not mind the musky drydown. Will definitely be keen to test on skin.

Vintage Miss Dior Espirit de Parfum: Lovely! Reminds me of my mum, who wore it when I was growing up. Not sure if I can pull this off though.

Vintage Eau de Guerlain: nozzle sniff only. Delicious lemons, not artificial/cleaning agent smelling. Bottle was from the 1983.

Balenciaga Cristobal: Meh. Non-descript mish mash of fruits, flowers, powder.

Kors by Michael Kors: Underwhelmed. Didn't get much rose out of this.
    Facebook group: Perfume Lovers in Singapore, Unite! (You don't have to be in Singapore to join.)

On to Penhaligon's Amaranthine !
    By gosh and golly - this is a 5 star scent ! I'm damned late sampling this . I bow to thee Mr. D - oh ye great perfumer .
    First sniff - This smells like Jicky EDP. It's rich , sweet , savory with a lovely , most ' friendly ' and addictive underlying skank. Really gives it a richness . This stuff lasts and progresses. Warm and cuddly dry down with that banana leaf note.
    Mimi, I LOVE Amaranthine. It's the one Penhaligon's that just sticks in my mind no matter what. Love that lactonic coconutty note too - very subtly done too. Amazing.
    Facebook group: Perfume Lovers in Singapore, Unite! (You don't have to be in Singapore to join.)

Basenotes Institution

Pamplelune- Isn't Amaranthine just amazing stuff ?
    Re. Elie Saab - that juice lasts for ages on my skin - did you smell any Iso E Super in it Pamplelune ? My nose seems really atuned to Iso E Super in scent. However, I did like it very much - I didn't know Francis K aka 'Captain Kurk' as our Suga would say - had a hand in it till Jon Rodgers told me.

EDIT:
    Found a sample of Pear & Freesia by Jo Malone which I did not know I had ! So being on a pear kick - I had to try it out.
    Conclusion : This is pear and freasia -simple. Not much to write about- it's very pleasant ,light. The two notes pair ( pun inteded ! ) well together but I think I'd like more of a pear emphasis .
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 27th September 2011 at 05:36 PM.

by Kilian Liasons Dangereuses - I love it...it smells like a soap-ier version of Hermes Un Jardin Mediterranean!

Blog Entries

Today l found an unopened scent strip of Guerlain's ldylle in a magazine at work, dated November 2009. l couldn't resist wiping it on my arm, just for fun! Not having the notes list to hand, l did not realise this scent is meant to be predominantly floral. Perhaps it had deteriorated over time, & l know scent strips are not a reliable method of sampling, but l smelled fruits in this, along with faint woods & musk. l did not detect rose or lily of the valley. Going about my business, after about 90 minutes l noticed fairly pleasant wafts of soapiness, before it disappeared.
    l am not averse to some of the "modern" Guerlains; many of you know of my adoration for Samsara, l like L'Instant, & l think lnsolence is a good modern interpretation of the classic L'Heure Bleue. However, l was disappointed in this one; in a blind sniff l would have pegged it as a very mainstream, fruity-musky-floral "celebuscent" type of fragrance. Meh.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I got a set of 10 Fragonard Samples (2ml each) in the mail today and am doing some preliminary testing of them. These were sent to me free of charge. (Thank you, Fragonard!)

So far my favorite is Figuier Fleur, which smells a bit of gardenia and reminds me of Pacifica Waikiki Pikake, with a bit of fig and LOTV added in. It is not overly sweet. Think "white flowers" more than fig, despite the name. It evolves into a not-sweet gardenia.

Fleur d'Oranger -- This evolves quite a lot. At first you get a sharp bergamot, but it becomes soapy, then later somewhat powdery; reminds me of a talc we used when I was growing up ("Mavis", in a red tin-- did anyone else use this?) I have to test this a bit more. After a while it starts to resemble VS Orange Flower but the latter is sweeter and more linear.

Rose de Mai-- my daughter likes this. Anyone who likes the YSL Paris flankers might like this; there is the rose plus violet combination, with some lily of the valley. I'm not getting the jasmine, ylang ylang or blackcurrant leaves yet. It's a bit sweet and though no fruit is listed, a bit fruity. I tend not to prefer my roses fruited, but if you like Ineke Briar Rose or AG Quel Amour!, you might try this. My daughter thinks it smells better than the Ineke.

Verveine-- grassy and lemony, a bit creamy. A strange combination but not unpleasant.

Citron-- unexciting lemon, quite simple.

Lavande-- starts off smelling like a very true lavender-- but soon turns to a sharp almond! Then this fades into more of a heliotrope smell. Really unexpected development! I like the lavender at the start of it and the heliotrope, but not the sharp almond that comes between the two points. That sharp almond doesn't last very long, though.
    Edit: Interestingly during the drydown a hint of the lavender re-emerges with the heliotrope. It's just a skin scent by now but pleasant, cozy.

Tomorrow I'll test the final 4: Freesia, Cerisier en Fleur, Fleur de Vanille and Cologne Grand Luxe.

EDIT-- 8 hours later, I can still smell the lavender/heliotrope from Lavande, although it is a skin scent now and has been for a long time. A laundry-detergent-type musk lingers from the Fleur d'Oranger spot on my wrist; the remains of Rose de Mai are mostly violets; all the others are long gone.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 29th September 2011 at 05:14 AM.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Today I tested the last 4 samples sent to me by Fragonard. My impressions:

Fleur du Vanille-- If you like vanillas, you have to test this one! The main notes are vanilla, heliotrope and a very light musk. I smell a bit of ylang-ylang at the very start but it's light and does not last. A little bit of cocoa/chocolate as well, but really it's the vanilla that stands out. There is a caramelized sugar note in the first hour, that fades. I feel as though I've had a long session of baking vanilla cake and cookies!

I tested this along with the vanilla I prefer to all others, Creed Sublime Vanille-- this Fragonard outlasted the Creed by at least 6 hours. This is sweet-- too sweet for me, but less sweet than some other vanillas. I didn't find this cloying.

Cologne Grand Luxe-- Wow! Great, a nice lemon during the first half-hour, then considerably more muted. I thought I smelled a little bit of spice-- cinnamon or ginger-- but it may be my imagination; I have no fragrance notes for this one. Did not last very long; buy the big bottle and plan to re-apply. Very nice indeed. Men, try this one!

Cerisier en Fleurs-- A bit of bright cherry on first application, then mimosa-- a little plasticky at first but it soon softens and becomes musky and subtle. Lily of the valley, comes in after about 20-30 minutes. This is a vague scent and not to my taste.

Freesia-- I have never smelled real freesia flowers so cannot say if this is accurate. It is sweet, crisp, crystalline --aldehydes? I didn't care for it. My daughter thought it smelled cheap, like a $6 fragrance she could buy at Deb (a store with fashions for teens.)

So, having tested them all, my top recommendations are Cologne Grand Luxe and Fleur du Vanille. But I do not expect to be buying any of these.

Re. Elie Saab - that juice lasts for ages on my skin - did you smell any Iso E Super in it Pamplelune ? My nose seems really atuned to Iso E Super in scent. However, I did like it very much - I didn't know Francis K aka 'Captain Kurk' as our Suga would say - had a hand in it till Jon Rodgers told me.
    "Captain Kurk"!!! HAHA I love this!

I don't know what ISO E super smells like (yet) but Elie Saab just didn't do it for me, unfortunately.

Mon Parfum Chéri par Camille (Annick Goutal) EDT

I gave this a quick shot on the way home. I think I love it, not as one I might wear so much, but as a real perfume that says 'Woman' rather than 'debutante'. Off the top of my head I would say the more volatile aspects of Attrape Coeur's personality meet and meld with the languid chypre charm of Acqua di Parma Profumo. There's no prim little air kissy kissy stuff up front, this one just lunges straight at you and plants a smackeroo fair and square on the mouth - fantastic

And that's just the EDT - I wonder what the EDP's like?

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    Mon Parfum Chéri par Camille (Annick Goutal) EDT

I gave this a quick shot on the way home. I think I love it, not as one I might wear so much, but as a real perfume that says 'Woman' rather than 'debutante'. Off the top of my head I would say the more volatile aspects of Attrape Coeur's personality meet and meld with the languid chypre charm of Acqua di Parma Profumo. There's no prim little air kissy kissy stuff up front, this one just lunges straight at you and plants a smackeroo fair and square on the mouth - fantastic

And that's just the EDT - I wonder what the EDP's like?
    Damn - this sounds really good ! Attrape Coeur meets Profumo !

Pamplelune- grab a spray or 3 of Escentric Molecules Molecule 01 at a store if you can and you'll be in Iso E Super Land .