Code of Conduct

Default Where/How do you store your samples?

With the increasing number of samples I have, I've been trying to find away to store them. I have them in a gift box right now, but it's too big, and two deep, I wish I could find a box that is not too deep, and exactly a sample height, so you store them in a row.

I'm considering purchasing an ammo case, or those pencil-style cases. But I can't find one I like yet. So how do you store yours, for easy access and organization?

ps. By sample I mean vials, not decants that can stand on their own easily on shelf, basically anything smaller than 3ml

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Where/How do you store your samples?

Not a bad idea....i have a really small basket I use. I have considered using a recipe card/index card box.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I have a wine cooler where I put all my perfumes. In a controlled temperature of 13 degrees. My samples are also indise. My wine cooler looks like this. (but not exactly this one. Mine is 3 layers, and i changed the shelves to glass). By the way, I don't really use my samples. I keep it for reference.
    Last edited by volley2; 4th October 2010 at 03:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant! I ran to get mine, but realized mine are way too small (.40 S&W), but I busted out the calipers and any ammo boxes that fit .308 Winchester rounds will fit Creed sample vials and those atomizers Sephora uses. Those are the biggest sample vials I have, outside of those Hermes Vetiver Tonka monsters. Anyway, here's a link to a great site with excellent selection of boxes:
    http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/Brow...831***10833***

Quote Originally Posted by Nanook View Post
    Brilliant! I ran to get mine, but realized mine are way too small (.40 S&W), but I busted out the calipers and any ammo boxes that fit .308 Winchester rounds will fit Creed sample vials and those atomizers Sephora uses. Those are the biggest sample vials I have, outside of those Hermes Vetiver Tonka monsters. Anyway, here's a link to a great site with excellent selection of boxes:
    http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/Brow...831***10833***
    ah, I'll have a look into those. I'm honestly not sure what to get, the smallest vials I have are those a little over an inch 0.7ml vials, and largest are serge lutens 2ml at 2.5 inches.

Plain and simple shoe boxes stored in the dark with only little organisation or structure therein.

Post Thanks / Like

One shoebox for designer samples and another shoebox for niche samples.
    Although at the moment i am toying with the idea of getting some small plastic zip bags and labelling each one.
    I.e. keeping all the creeds in one bag, byredo's in another, miller harris in another (you get the picture).

Post Thanks / Like

I keep mine in 27 different bags (you've guessed it A-Z and the other for fragrances that are numbered) and they all live in my wardrobe, so they're cool and away from sunlight or any other heat source.

Post Thanks / Like

I use this. I just take the foam inserts out.
    someone please stop me from buying more cologne.

top five: 1) Creed Vintage Tabarome 2) Creed Windsor 2) Serge Lutens Chergui 3) Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur 5) MFK Lumiére Noire Pour Homme

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I has taken me some patience. Now I have a few wooden boxes in varying sizes as well as an old vocab card box. does very well for my purposes.
    I also have a small box from a neclace purchase that hold 8 samples perfectly well and is awesome for taking asmples around for whenever the mood strikes me.
    Smellin good

Quote Originally Posted by Midiguru View Post
    I use this. I just take the foam inserts out.
    ooo that's awesome, I should get something similar, from etsy to save some bucks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've tried the ammo cases (and small containers filled with resin pellets, and many other approaches mentioned over the years), but I have too many samples. In the end, it's now ziplock bags for me too-- the small snack size. I keep mine divided first by designer versus niche (in two decorative storage boxes from TJ Maxx), then by house. Designer is actually subdivided into Designer and Premier Designer (Prada, Chanel). Some houses (Guerlain) need larger sandwich bags. Cards have all been removed and stored together in their own large, one gallon sized ziplock bag (in case I want them again for any reason).
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Quote Originally Posted by Heartwood View Post
    I've tried the ammo cases (and small containers filled with resin pellets, and many other approaches mentioned over the years), but I have too many samples. In the end, it's now ziplock bags for me too-- the small snack size. I keep mine divided first by designer versus niche (in two decorative storage boxes from TJ Maxx), then by house. Designer is actually subdivided into Designer and Premier Designer (Prada, Chanel). Some houses (Guerlain) need larger sandwich bags. Cards have all been removed and stored together in their own large, one gallon sized ziplock bag (in case I want them again for any reason).
    Really? the ammo cases with 100 slots each didn't do it for you? you must have thousands of samples =| lucky you

Post Thanks / Like

I buy the boxes of "fancy" soaps at Marshall's; use the soap then put samples in the cool boxes.

The Penhaligon's and occasionally Crabtree & Evelyn boxes of multiple soap bars work nicely.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.