Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Looking for a leather and tobacco scent without all of the fruity or campfire components.

+1 for SL Fumerie Turque.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Looking for a leather and tobacco scent without all of the fruity or campfire components.

Another vote for the Sonoma Scent. Another plus is its 'extrait concentration' which makes it even more full bottle-worthy imo. What if you don't like it? You can always sell it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Le Dandy is now available in the eau de parfum strength and is found in the U.S. at MIN New York. I think they no longer make the eau de toilette (in the silver cap). If it's a comfort to you, Le Dandy is described as a "hearty, masculine scent" with a tobacco base:

https://minnewyork.com/le-dandy-pour...y-d-orsay.html
    Its out of stock unfortunately.
    Le Dandy is a scent I wouldn't mind adding to my collection sometime in the future.
    "I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
    Its out of stock unfortunately.
    Le Dandy is a scent I wouldn't mind adding to my collection sometime in the future.
    ajmc, you can still buy the eau de toilette version at Beauty Encounter.

http://perfume.beautyencounter.com/search?w=dandy&af=
    "...her fragrance all in my keeping; softly she comes in the night." Lyrics, Gordon Lightfoot, "Softly."

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    ajmc, you can still buy the eau de toilette version at Beauty Encounter.

http://perfume.beautyencounter.com/search?w=dandy&af=
    Thanks for the tip.
    "I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Good luck in your search, but I think you're going to find it a tough go, especially if you're listing the order in which you want to actually smell notes. As for some of the recommendations: I don't get leather out of Le Dandy. Though I love it, it has a tendency to remind me of some old shampoo we used to have growing up, called Apple Pectin. I also never any leather out of Havana, let alone tobacco.

I would have suggested L'Artisan L'eau du Navigateur, as there's certainly leather and tobacco in it, however, it IS smokey and probably not quite what you're looking for.

I would second the Odori Tabacco, just to at least try, along with Hilde Soliani Bell'Antonio. The later doesn't have a leather note listed, but it's another one that may just very well fit the bill and probably one of the better ones I've smelled closed to what you're looking for.
    The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

So far Ive only received the tabac aurea. I really like the scent, the tabaco reminds me very much of what my grandfather used to use. I do wish it had more of a leather scent though. I definitely like it enough to consider buying, but the longevity just isnt there for some reason. It seemed to virtually disappear after a bout 4 hours of wear.

That being said, does anyone know of a cologne every similar to the tabac aurea, but with more leather? Also, has anyone else had an issue with longevity? I assumed that given the concentration, it would last longer.

Tabac Aurea strikes me as very boozy in the top notes.

Have you tried Histoires de Parfums 1740 Marquis de Sade? This is an interesting leather scent, but not inexpensive. Don't let the name of this scent fool you, as it is an enjoyable, complex scent.

http://www.nstperfume.com/2010/03/17...grance-review/
    Last edited by Primrose; 11th October 2010 at 07:16 AM.
    "...her fragrance all in my keeping; softly she comes in the night." Lyrics, Gordon Lightfoot, "Softly."

Aramis Havana is what you're looking for.
    Currently wearing: The Dreamer by Versace

C&S Cuba

I got the Tuscan Leather and I dont care for it much. It has too much of an earthy / smokey smell for me. I'll wear it for a while tonight and see how it smells as it mellows. Im going to try some more samples from the perfumed court based on some of the responses here. Thanks.

Ok after about 2 hours of wearing Tuscan Leather I had to wash it off. It smelled like a old womans perfume to me, I couldnt take it. There is leather and tobacco, but its over powered by a scent that I can only describe as baby powder and fruit. I dont know if I got the wrong sample, or what. Any ideas?

Either Havana or Puig Quorum is what you're looking for.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

+1 Pascal Morabito OR BLACK

Original Tabarome has strong tobacco and leather notes

Sorry for the delayed response, but the decants from the perfumed court just got here yesterday.

So, I decided to try creed bois du portugal, royal scottish lavender, and vintage tabarome to compare to my favorite so far which is Tabac Aurea. I know the scottish lavender really isnt in the same scent category, but it seemed interesting so I figured Id try it.

I loved all of the creed scents when they were in the decants, they smelled lovely, but on me they were another story. The tabarome simply smelled like indian food to me. It just had this spicy smell that I did not at all care for. The scottish lavender smelled to much like irish spring soap for my liking. However the bois du portugal did have a wonderful scent is was very long lasting. I really do enjoy and I might enjoy it more than the Tabac Aurea, but I dont know that I enjoy it enough to cost as many times more than the tabac aurea as it does.

Your thoughts? Has anyone tried both tabac aurea and creed bois du portugal? If so which do you prefer and why?

Thanks!

old post..exactly what i'm looking for too.Tried Havana by Aramis and Michael for men...both are ok but none has the level of tobacco i was hoping for...

Leather and tobacco? Try Dior's Leather Oud. It's all about cigars and armchairs - the ultimate drawing room scent.

Best tobacco/leather scent i've tried is hands down Amouage Tribute attar. It smells incredibly luxurious, is quite complex and everything seems to work right. A quick description of it would be tobacco/leather/incense tempered with jasmine, there is a lot more going on with it though. Unfortunately it is quite expensive and there is also the hassle of applying the oil (i never seem to manage to put the right amount, tips would be welcome). I only have a 0.25ml sample and it's currently #1 in my buying wishlist.

What you're looking for might just be in either Vermeil for Men, Cigar by Remy Latour, and/or Bogart pour Homme. All can be had for around $20/bottle.
    Currently wearing: Rume by Slumberhouse

I'll add another vote for Or Black. Best fragrance I know containing both notes.