Code of Conduct

Default Borsari Acqua Classica Cologne

Any thoughts on Borsari Acqua Classica Cologne? This is a cologne, so probably this is akin to an eau de Cologne.

I love the Borsari Violetta di Parma EDP.

For the Classica, I like the idea of the atomiser, too, although I do not usually use them due to evaporation. (I never use the one that comes with Derby, fancy though it is.)

http://www.parfum1.com/acqua-classic...?itm=ACCBTS10A
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Default Re: Borsari Acqua Classica Cologne

I like it. It is a lemony-herbal scent, a bit more rough around the edges than Aqua di Parma or R&G Extra Vielle. It has a certain salty, brash Mediterranean panache.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

It's a beautiful, successful cologne, especially when fresh. (Beware of deals which seem seductively cheap, but can bring bottles with citrus "aged" unseemingly and the herbal element (a touch of lavender I think) exaggerated... about what was happening also with "aged" bottles of the old Eau de Tropiques from Comptoir Sud Pacifique (whatever new name that has now, if it still exists).)

However, even from a good bottle, expect some real, and I mean REAL weakness, both in sillage and longevity. Not compared with the ponderous stinkers we all know and (not) love, but even compared to other eau de colognes which are beautiful yet weak as well... for example the various Guerlain Eaux... yes, the Borsari is even weaker than that. I had the 300ml (!) splash bottle... you can pour it on you and still feel nothing in half an hour.

I know and appreciate the Violetta di Parma as well, a very nice realization of what appears to be - if it isn't literally so - a soliflore, but that one is stronger, quite a bit.

Caveat emptor.

I've tried this both in the EDC and EDT strength and quite a few other Borsari samples that I purchased from First in Fragrance. Quite a few were pleasant, but they simply do not last long enough for me to buy a full bottle. As Addict mentions above, within half an hour, it's vanished

Thank you all for the feedback. I suspected, as an eau de Cologne, that this would be fleeting.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.