Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Monday 4 October-10

Good morning everyone For this grey monday morning I decided on Infusion d'iris . Have a nice and smooth start of the day all!

Default Re: SotD Monday 4 October-10

G'day, my scent today is Prince Matchabelli's Stradivari:

Basenotes Plus

I'm in Vintage Vol de Nuit Extrait by Guerlain.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Basenotes Plus

An earlly start for me today! I am going to apply some
    Loukhoum Eau Poudree before I leave for work.
    Have a good, productive day people!
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by domperrier View Post
    G'day, my scent today is Prince Matchabelli's Stradivari:

domperrier, You must review this! there's nada in the database about this one.

I'm sampling Frederic Malle Outrageous tonight.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Happy day and week
    Feeling fresh this morning in Noa by Cacharel
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Thumbs up Re: SotD Monday 4 October-10

HABIT ROUGE

Eau de Parfum version

GUERLAIN
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Quote Originally Posted by knit_at_nite View Post

Nothing at all? That's a huge shock to me...

Will attempt a review one of these days.

Hello all. Magie by Lancome.
    DONNA

Morning all. After a weekend of heavy rain, Monday morning in Yorkshire (or at least my part of it) is, of course, bright and sunny ...

Wearing Mitsouko today.

After last night's first trial, I'm back in

NOIR de NOIR
    by Tom Ford

'A dark chypre oriental, this scent opens with an earthy mantle of richly woven Saffron, Black Rose and Black Truffle, with hints of floralcy. Underneath, Vanilla, Patchouli, Oud Wood and Tree Moss'

'Floralcy?' what a horrible word.

Noir de Noir was still there this morning when I got up, so good longevity is apparent. I reapplied anyway. The opening is still cherry liquer to my nose, and this is not what I want, but it doesn't last for long. I'm looking forward to the oud wood making an appearance. Last night it became quite lovely with a light touch of soft oud, patchouli, and rose.

I've been looking for the noses behind the Private Blend without much luck. Any information appreciated. Am I right in thinking this one might be JC Ellena? The Tom Ford web site is glossy but missing the key info a raving perfumista needs. Other sites seem devoid of noses, too.
    Reformulation without information is fraud. Call the police.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

ALIEN
    de Thierry Mugler

Basenotes Plus

Sestra, "Now Smell This" has a listing of perfumers and while I didn't see Noir de Noir on my first pass, I was encouraged to note the inclusion of several other Tom Ford Private Blends (credited to David Apel.) I didn't scroll through the entire thing and I know it's somewhat cumbersome to search by perfumer, but maybe you'll luck out:

http://www.nstperfume.com/perfumers-a-to-e/

I'm wearing Angel today, just the edp so far but I think I'll top up with a couple dabs of the body cream, too.

Wish you all a smooth start to your week!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Roberto, I always end up wanting to sit next to you, you wear such lovely things!
    Habit Rouge is just blissful in the edp - I've seriously considered getting a bottle. (But first I have to get Caron Pour un Homme.)

I started the day in L'Artisan's Tea for Two - perfect right now with the sweetly smoky autumnal vibe, but since that's now just rumbling along in the background, I've taken to opportunity to top it with some Ava Luxe Mousse de Chene extrait. This stuff is probably still one of my biggest go-tos of the year.

Since I had my Road to Damascus conversion about oakmoss and discovered its naughty, warm and sexy side beneath that bitter outward shell, I've been wearing more and more perfumes that feature it prominently. Serena's version somehow sidesteps the bitter (how does she do that?) but then warms deliciously on the skin to release a cozy wrap of elegance.

So; I wish you all a good day.
    x
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Sur la Plage

Good Monday morning! My SOTD is Mugler Cologne.

Notes include Bergamot, Neroli, Petit Grain, Orange Blossom, Green Sap and White Musk.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Today I am in Pino Silvestre
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    Roberto, I always end up wanting to sit next to you, you wear such lovely things!
    Habit Rouge is just blissful in the edp - I've seriously considered getting a bottle. (But first I have to get Caron Pour un Homme.)

I started the day in L'Artisan's Tea for Two - perfect right now with the sweetly smoky autumnal vibe, but since that's now just rumbling along in the background, I've taken to opportunity to top it with some Ava Luxe Mousse de Chene extrait. This stuff is probably still one of my biggest go-tos of the year.

Since I had my Road to Damascus conversion about oakmoss and discovered its naughty, warm and sexy side beneath that bitter outward shell, I've been wearing more and more perfumes that feature it prominently. Serena's version somehow sidesteps the bitter (how does she do that?) but then warms deliciously on the skin to release a cozy wrap of elegance.

So; I wish you all a good day.
    x
    Milions of Thanks Wordbird. I also would love to sit near you...you smell always great
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Perfumes

Nobody wants to sit next to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post

Alien-ated!

Hahahah

Duc! I want to sit next to you!
    I am sure it would be like a magic fragrance tour every day!

It's a sunny fall day here and I am warm and comfortable and delicious in Soir de Lune.

will try to catch sophi's spirit! wearing my chanel no 19, very curious about the comparisons being made between this classic love and the new serge lutens' bas de soie
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Basenotes Plus

I will, I love Alien!

Today I'm wearing Baghari by Robert Piguet.
    Have a great Monday everyone!
    Let us share each precious moment and enjoy the ones we love for each day is a new beginning and a blessing from above.

Dear Cousin, everybody wants to sit near you......i am sure
    Perfumes

Parfumerie Generale 02 Coze.

Quote Originally Posted by domperrier View Post
    Alien-ated!

Hahahah
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by FrouFrou View Post
    Duc! I want to sit next to you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    I will, I love Alien!
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBERTO View Post
    You guys ...

I'm wearing Bois des Iles (from a decant) today. Lovely, lovely, lovely. A great scent to start the week in.

Have a bearable Monday everyone
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Trying some Dior Addict on this cool rainy day.

Hello everyone!

I'm in vintage K de Krizia this morning. I just opened a "new" box of old stock from the late '80s and I'm thrilled to find that it's as gorgeous as ever...though not surprised. I've never had a bottle go bad on me, knock wood.

sophi sweetie, is that you frolicking in the autumn leaves? What fun!!

Y'all have a fantastic day!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 4th October 2010 at 03:18 PM. Reason: sp
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

tdem1961: thanks very much for the link. I couldn't find it and had forgotten which site held that list. Noir de Noir is one of the latest created this year, I think, so may not be listed everywhere yet. You'd think the Tom Ford site would add such info to their Private Blend descriptions, but no.

I suspect the answer may be buried in a post here in BN. I'll keep trying.

Chanel's beautiful Coromandel to start my week.

Quote Originally Posted by knit_at_nite View Post

knit_at_nite,
    I agree. We must hear about the stradivari. Love the bottle and it looks somehow familiar.

Basenotes Institution

I'll sit next to you ,my sweetie !
    This morning it's Memoir again .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I am not putting on any scent this am, since I plan to hit a shop or two and try fragrance. Anyone have suggestions? (Forget anything niche, we have NONE of them here.) Are there any masculines that work well for women and are outstanding? I have neglected the Pour Homme fragrances in my collection so far.

Have a great Monday, y'all.

Starting my grey monday in Mystere by Rochas. This one never fails to impress me with its herbal richness and complex base.

Was hoping to plant another 300 daffodils today, but they haven't arrived and it's raining again. Maybe tomorrow

carolina girl: the greatest iris scent for anyone - Dior Homme.

DeepSilence

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERTO View Post
    1+ here. i'm feeling sadness, when Duc is not on form

JC De Castelbajac AW 2009

Feeling a bit 'quirky' today and Castelbajac always seems to work for that (as would that pink muppet hat).
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: SotD Monday 4 October-10

Today's fragrance is: Ambre Gris by Pierre Balmain.

Quote Originally Posted by carolina girl View Post
    I am not putting on any scent this am, since I plan to hit a shop or two and try fragrance. Anyone have suggestions? (Forget anything niche, we have NONE of them here.) Are there any masculines that work well for women and are outstanding? I have neglected the Pour Homme fragrances in my collection so far.

Have a great Monday, y'all.
    Ill second Sestra's suggestion of Dior Homme - lovely iris, long lasting and easy to find.

Basenotes Plus

Hey, I'd love to sit with the whole fine-smelling bunch of you!

Sestra, my pleasure -- and good news: I poked around some more and found Noir de Noir credited to Jacques Cavallier (in collaboration with Harry Fremont.)

http://www.nstperfume.com/perfumers-...ues-cavallier/

I LOVE finding out these things!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Monday Howdies!

Starting the week in Les Maitresses de Louis XIV. A lovely muguet.

Went to bed last night in a dab of Sarrasins.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Eau d'Hermès.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

SotE is Samsara layered with Tam Dao. Feels perfect for the cold and dark autumn evening.

Basenotes Plus

Sestra, I agree with you about "floralcy"...can't stand it! Ad copy writers just make up words, floralcy isn't in the dictionary, so it's meaning is vague.

News first: my daughter's color guard (of just 8 girls) won first place in stiff competition this weekend. We are tremendously proud of her, she's insisted on performing, despite having a cold.
    My husband will be home soon for a visit. Yeah!!!
    My sister is coming to visit on the 20th.
    I will be having another kidney stone surgery next week..."shrapnel" from the big rock they removed in March. Out patient...no biggie compared to the last one. Still, these little buggers are pretty painful.

To quote my brother, I'm "a mess!" BUT...I am a fragrant mess in Chanel #5 edt.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

AM: Champs-Elysées by Guerlain
    PM: Une Fleur de Cassie by Frederic Malle

With devilcat in Mitsouko.

Basenotes Plus

SotE -

I'm giving Diptyque Eau Duelle a test-wear today. It's not as spicy as I thought it would be. It's nice but hmmm ... it doesn't scream FBW yet.

Eau Duelle Notes: Cardamom, Asian cyprus, elemi, juniper, saffron, calamus, black tea, black African olibanum, amber, Firnat Vanilla, Bourbon Vanilla, white musk

RHM, good luck with your surgery. Any word on St Louis yet?

Amouage Opus III
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

I had to scrub Dior Addict. It really bothered me. This afternoon I'm wearing Green Cedar Oil from Clear Light Co., which is soothing and grounding for me.

Quote Originally Posted by devilcat View Post
    Morning all. After a weekend of heavy rain, Monday morning in Yorkshire (or at least my part of it) is, of course, bright and sunny ...

Wearing Mitsouko today.

Ha, ha, ha, by the weather description we could be neighbours... I love Mitsouko, but today I'm wearing 31, Rue Cambon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuria G View Post
    Ha, ha, ha, by the weather description we could be neighbours... I love Mitsouko, but today I'm wearing 31, Rue Cambon.
    Almost went with 31 Rue Cambon today, maybe tomorrow...

SOTE is Frederic Malle, L'Eau d'Hiver (from sample). Not liking it too much so far, too many almonds. I feel like a Bakewell Tart - that's the dessert by the way, not a woman of easy virtue from Derbyshire (sorry that probably won't mean that much to you good folks outside the UK).

I should be out enjoying the gorgeous fall weather we're having -- 2 weeks' worth of near perfection!

With the temps only reaching mid-60s today despite full-on sun with not a cloud in the sky, I'm in PdE Ambre Russe to warm things up.

Paloma Picasso for me today.

Basenotes Institution

It was a Tom Ford / Amber day today.

This morning:

Youth Dew Amber Nude by Estee Lauder

This afternoon it's:

Amber Absolute by Tom Ford

SotE:
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Perfume Boy View Post
    I'm in Vintage Vol de Nuit Extrait by Guerlain.
    Lucky you! I am wearing Un Bois Vanille by Serge Lutens today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    I'll sit next to you ,my sweetie !
    This morning it's Memoir again .
    I know you would, ma chéri!

Quote Originally Posted by DeepSilence View Post
    1+ here. i'm feeling sadness, when Duc is not on form
    Now I'm a bit embarrest, I was only kidding,
    about Wordbird wanting to sit next to my
    dear cousin
    But thanks anyway, you're a sweetheart!

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I had to scrub Dior Addict. It really bothered me.
    Too bad! It is really a very good fragrance.
    A bit cloying, maybe, but still damn good!

Scent of the Evening