Code of Conduct

Default Question about John Varvatos Original

Yo guys, Really thinking about getting John Varvatos, but is the projection and longevity really as bad as they say it is?
    can u guys tell me about the projection and longevity?

Default Re: Question about John Varvatos Original

I've had it since it was released. Good fragrance, although the projection and longevity is poor overall. Doesn't go over 2 hours for me, and I'm not the only one that has the same experience. You can find a 4oz for well under $40, so it won't hurt your pockets, or give you a heavy buyer's remorse

I love, love, love the scent but yes, projection and longevity are terrible on me. Since it can be found online for under $40, it's still a good deal.

I actually bought this again just last week. I got it over a year ago and gave it to my buddy. But I saw a 4.2 oz w/ aftershave for $29 at Marshalls the other day and picked it up. I'm glad I did too because I love the smell (Also it might be my favorite looking bottle). It doesn't last very long as most people say, but I don't care. If that is a huge concern for you then it might not be the best choice. But if you really want to try it I'm sure you can come across a bottle in Marshalls/Ross/TJ Maxx for 19.99-29.99.

It's really spotty. Occasionally I've gotten about 6-8 hours out of it, but it's REALLY sticking to my skin by that point. It still is an awesome scent, the smell is great. But yeah, I got a 4.2 oz for $35 or so off overstock.com, so it's worth it for that price.

damn i really hope i can spot it at tj maxx or marshalls. my mom has like unlimited store credit theere so its free for me!

Not only JV is an outstanding fragrance, but it lasts all day long on me, most fragrances do not last on me but a couple of hours so I do not understand those guys that claim it has no longevity. Plus, it is an unique fragrance, there is nothing like it in the market, it is in my top five list.

Blog Entries

This stuff is bipolar with projection and longevity. it can last forever or 3 hours...but its worth the gamble to me

Yeah it's the same way for me. 3 hours, maybe 8. But as others have mentioned, it can be had for very cheap. There's nothing to lose!
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    Yeah it's the same way for me. 3 hours, maybe 8. But as others have mentioned, it can be had for very cheap. There's nothing to lose!
    yeah its super cheap but its also very, very well made. the only issue is longevity

Would be mine if it lasted at least 4 hours. I only get 2 and projection is bad.

Just spray it on very close to your skin (basically making a small puddle in one spot) and you'll get decent longevity out of it. That's not the ideal way to apply a fragrance, but it works with JV. Basically apply very liberally and you'll be ok.

LOL @ "bi-polar". Great analogy though. even when sprayed on clothing, it doesn't help much.

It's definitely a temperamental guy. Some days I get 10 hours, others I get 3. Humidity/weather has little effect as well to me, John Varvatos just does what he wants.

I personally find that the vintage JV lasts almost twice as long. Its sweeter, going for the sweet/smoky leather smell, (which I like); and it lasts longer!

The comment about applying it close to the skin (causing it to puddle) is dead on. I discovered this technique was very necessary with making JV last any noticeable amount of time.