Code of Conduct

Thumbs down Jacomo de Jacomo, how I wish you would project and last better.

Jacomo de Jacomo.

A fragrance from the early 1980s. Black bottle. Spice laden. Dark. Perhaps smokey, even.

But once that first spray's blast of cloves has settled down after 1 hour, Jacomo de Jacomo just does not fit my needs of a fragrance that projects from my skin at an acceptable level. It wears far too close ! For a fragrance as such, this surprised me very much.

Its too bad. Quite the scent, actually. A dark scent, not that I would ever need one. But it is an interesting and alluring smell. Just needs some projection.

Back to the drawing board
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Default Re: Jacomo de Jacomo, how I wish you would project and last better.

As many other great colleagues, it used to be much heavier, back in the 80´s!
    Nevertheless, a fantastic scent!

OMG, I have to go sooooo light on the trigger on this one or else I can quickly clear out a room.

Surfacing, you're not alone in the complaints about its strength - the reviews almost unanimously talk about poor sillage/longevity.

I can't say I have a problem with either myself. I can still smell this for 8-10 hrs. after applying, though I will say that the projection does diminish significantly for me after like the first 30 minutes. After that, it's got moderate sillage, which I think is perfect for this type of scent. I'm not sure I'd want to project the smell of carbon and ashes around for ten feet.

What the What!!??

Jacomo de Jacomo is ALL projection and longevity.

Try the Rouge version, it's almost nauseating how powerful it is. Sort of like JdJ and Joop! cooked together in a microwave. (Do not try that at home.)
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Jacomo de Jacomo.

A fragrance from the early 1980s. Black bottle. Spice laden. Dark. Perhaps smokey, even.

But once that first spray's blast of cloves has settled down after 1 hour, Jacomo de Jacomo just does not fit my needs of a fragrance that projects from my skin at an acceptable level. It wears far too close ! For a fragrance as such, this surprised me very much.

Its too bad. Quite the scent, actually. A dark scent, not that I would ever need one. But it is an interesting and alluring smell. Just needs some projection.

Back to the drawing board

I´ve got a similar problem with Krizia Uomo and Lacoste Original

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    I can't say I have a problem with either myself.
    Nor can I.

Thanks for the feedback guys

Quote Originally Posted by easyfish View Post
    As many other great colleagues, it used to be much heavier, back in the 80´s!
    Nevertheless, a fantastic scent!
    I figure all scents eventually become "changed" in formula. Still, its too bad it is turned down as much as it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    OMG, I have to go sooooo light on the trigger on this one or else I can quickly clear out a room.
    Its a good thing you and I don't hang out, Neal I must admit, the first time I samed JdJ, I was frightened by its strength.

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    Surfacing, you're not alone in the complaints about its strength - the reviews almost unanimously talk about poor sillage/longevity.

I can't say I have a problem with either myself. I can still smell this for 8-10 hrs. after applying, though I will say that the projection does diminish significantly for me after like the first 30 minutes. After that, it's got moderate sillage, which I think is perfect for this type of scent. I'm not sure I'd want to project the smell of carbon and ashes around for ten feet.
    Thats a very good point, Shamu. It may work as a daytime scent, in that case. I suppose I wanted an evening or night scent, hence me prefering greater radiance in this particular fragrance.
    Quote Originally Posted by argogos View Post
    What the What!!??

Jacomo de Jacomo is ALL projection and longevity.

Try the Rouge version, it's almost nauseating how powerful it is. Sort of like JdJ and Joop! cooked together in a microwave. (Do not try that at home.)
    The last time I experimented with the microwave, I blew up a bag of nachos.

Oh I have sampled Rouge. I almost made it into a full bottle. But, I realised a few things. First, it wears too close to the skin ....I'm serious. Second, it is soo close to Jacomo Ambro ( which is fine, really). Third, I fine the overal scent a bit offputting at certain times.

Too bad I made the same mistake with Givenchy Play Intense

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
    I´ve got a similar problem with Krizia Uomo and Lacoste Original
    I have not tried those two, but have heard good things about them.

Thats unfortunate. But I have had scents that I like soo much that I keep full bottles anyways, despite the fragrance wearing close to the skin or not lasting (ie Versace Black Jeans).
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !