Code of Conduct

Default Escada Homme: What I love/what I hate.

After having had this fragrance for several months now, and spending loads of time with it, I feel confident in saying what I love and hate about it. If you haven't heard about Escada Homme, check the reviews here on BN, or on any other website, it has a stellar reputation, and deservingly so.

If you like fragrances like Drakkar Noir, Giorgio, Azzaro pH.. but hate the powerhouse feel they bring with them, you'll love Escada Homme. Powerhouse smell, but no powerhouse appeal, which makes it a bit more versatile, more seasonal, safer in the workplace, and more appealing to people of all ages.

It's sort of boozy and woodsy, while a little powdery as well. It's got a bit of a barbershop thing going on too. Without looking at the notes, my nose detects lavender, peaches, woods, shaving cream, and some sort of liquor. After seeing the note pyramid, I totally get the cognac, I get more of the citrus in the opening.. the bergamot which has a reputation for disguising itself well, the lemon a little bit, but a very sweet lemon, and definitely the mandarin. The middle becomes more herbal, and the base becomes woodsy. All of this happens in 2 hours max on my skin though. Then by the 2 hour point, the somewhat boring, very soft, very dull base turns this into a skin scent for about another 2 hours before it's gone completely.

Those first 2 hours are outstanding though imo, so well blended, so balanced. I just can't stop sniffing my arm. My problem is the longevity. And, after having spent many months with this fragrance and my skin, I'm sure that it isn't any type of olfactory fatigue. I know there's and EdP version of this around, that seems to be pretty hard to acquire.

Can anybody say whether or not the EdP is the same fragrance with better longevity or even projection?

Also share your opinions on this, if you've tried it.own it/used to own it. I'd love to hear about it. does anybody else have a problem with its longevity? Bummer.. Love this stuff!

Default Re: Escada Homme: What I love/what I hate.

I think this is a great fragrance. It's one of my favorite summer fragrances, believe it or not. I tend not to apply this too heavily, and I can smell it on myself for about 8 hours most of the time.

I love Escada Homme and would gladly recommend it for anyone seeking a boozy-leathery, almost powerhouse vibe- but I cannot tell anything about all the other Escada male frags, since I haven't tested them

DeepSilence

It's a classy fragrance with Cognac note. As i saw, Cognac is on top, but i have it in drying down. several hours i can feel it. It's masculine/strong/light(soft) !! scent. Sillage is very weak/Lasting is very good.

There's a sharpness to it that I don't like. For those who feel the same way, you might want to try Moods Uomo.

Oddly, I just recommended this on the thread for a subtle/sexy combination. What makes it a love/hate for one, makes it perfect for another. Masculine, sexy, cultured but not aggressive.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Basenotes Institution

Have you checked older threads on this The_Cologneist? Maybe Escada Pour Homme has been reformulated and the 'new' juice you're smelling, smells a tad less rich and complex than vintage juice? Anyone else aware of this?

I have a mini of this, that a kind Basenoter gifted me, but honestly I have never gotten around to smelling it. I was waiting for cooler weather to arrive before I gave it a full wearing.

How many sprays do you tend to use? At first testing I also though it was somehow discrete and with poor longevity. After some more tries, I figured out that it needs a second spray over the same spot, then it becomes a satisfying moderate/strong sillage and longevity fragrance. Figured this out because of another review here on basenotes.

Besides the cognac, I also detect a very prominent coconut note there.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post

Can anybody say whether or not the EdP is the same fragrance with better longevity or even projection?
    I recently picked up a 4.2 oz bottle of the EdP. I haven't really gotten a chance to wear it since the summer was so brutally hot, but I have tested it once or twice. Here are my thoughts...

The EdP has better longevity, but the sillage / projection is either the same or slightly less than the EdT
    The EdP is less boozy than the EdT
    The EdP is more powdery than the EdT
    The EdP is less "perfumey" than the EdT
    The EdP is deeper and richer than the EdT

Overall, I have to say that I like the EdP better.

Has anyone had a chance to try the Golden Edition? Is it a different fragrance, or is it the same fragrance with different packaging

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    I think this is a great fragrance. It's one of my favorite summer fragrances, believe it or not. I tend not to apply this too heavily, and I can smell it on myself for about 8 hours most of the time.
    + 1

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Have you checked older threads on this The_Cologneist? Maybe Escada Pour Homme has been reformulated and the 'new' juice you're smelling, smells a tad less rich and complex than vintage juice? Anyone else aware of this?

I have a mini of this, that a kind Basenoter gifted me, but honestly I have never gotten around to smelling it. I was waiting for cooler weather to arrive before I gave it a full wearing.
    Nope, I know nothing about reformulations of this. I'll read some more threads though. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by vitorscpaiva View Post
    How many sprays do you tend to use? At first testing I also though it was somehow discrete and with poor longevity. After some more tries, I figured out that it needs a second spray over the same spot, then it becomes a satisfying moderate/strong sillage and longevity fragrance. Figured this out because of another review here on basenotes.

Besides the cognac, I also detect a very prominent coconut note there.
    I've been mixing it up, a couple on the clothing and a couple on the skin.. I'm a big wrist/arm sprayer. I tend to spray the top of my arms because I get better longevity this way, when it either absorbs into the hair which is naturally oily and helps the longevity; as well as the sun hitting the top of the arms often with heats up the fragrance cause it to project more, as we know. But, this method seems to be useless to me for Escada Homme.

I totally get the coconut you're talking about, but it's more like the outside of the coconut and the rind and not the inside, pulp, juice/milk i.e. or what you may find in a more tropical fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    After having had this fragrance for several months now, and spending loads of time with it, I feel confident in saying what I love and hate about it. If you haven't heard about Escada Homme, check the reviews here on BN, or on any other website, it has a stellar reputation, and deservingly so.

If you like fragrances like Drakkar Noir, Giorgio, Azzaro pH.. but hate the powerhouse feel they bring with them, you'll love Escada Homme. Powerhouse smell, but no powerhouse appeal, which makes it a bit more versatile, more seasonal, safer in the workplace, and more appealing to people of all ages.

It's sort of boozy and woodsy, while a little powdery as well. It's got a bit of a barbershop thing going on too. Without looking at the notes, my nose detects lavender, peaches, woods, shaving cream, and some sort of liquor. After seeing the note pyramid, I totally get the cognac, I get more of the citrus in the opening.. the bergamot which has a reputation for disguising itself well, the lemon a little bit, but a very sweet lemon, and definitely the mandarin. The middle becomes more herbal, and the base becomes woodsy. All of this happens in 2 hours max on my skin though. Then by the 2 hour point, the somewhat boring, very soft, very dull base turns this into a skin scent for about another 2 hours before it's gone completely.

Those first 2 hours are outstanding though imo, so well blended, so balanced. I just can't stop sniffing my arm. My problem is the longevity. And, after having spent many months with this fragrance and my skin, I'm sure that it isn't any type of olfactory fatigue. I know there's and EdP version of this around, that seems to be pretty hard to acquire.

Also share your opinions on this, if you've tried it.own it/used to own it. I'd love to hear about it. does anybody else have a problem with its longevity? Bummer.. Love this stuff!
    Hey Cologneist. I just created a youtube channel & did a review on Escada Pour Homme. If you want, here is the link, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWXV3JL5Pus
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR