Code of Conduct

Default What is the hardest to find great frag? Where is L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme Pour Homme ? HELP!!!!

I checked google, ebay, yahoo, amazon............I got nothing but one store in London that doesnt ship international :/ !?!?! Please I would appreciate the help, I just got the sample of L'instant extreme yesterday and I wanna marry it as my heavyhitter/allpurpose scent 4 LIFE . Also tell me what is the hardest to find great frag? I beg for your responses basenoters !!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What is the hardest to find great frag? Where is L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme Pour Homme ? HELP

I have a brand new L'instant EDP if you want to purchase it. 2.5oz.

Default Re: What is the hardest to find great frag? Where is L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme Pour Homme ? HELP

are there really extreme differences between the EDT and the Extreme version?

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    are there really extreme differences between the EDT and the Extreme version?
    Beautyencounter sells the 2.5 oz EDP version of L'instant. The big difference between the two that the EDP is much more gourmand and longer lasting than the EDT. Although they share similiarites, there is enough of a difference to warrant a purchase of the EDP. Both are masterpiece fragrances IMO.....

Beautyencounter is sold out.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never sampled it, but I'm under the impression Patou PH would be in the running....appearantly, it's discontinued and I've never heard a bad word about it.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the last L'instant from Beautyencounter a few days ago. =D

Difference the top notes. EDP goes straight to gourmand where as the EDT goes Fresh then 180 degrees to gourmand.

EDT last 5-6 hours on average skin. EDP last 8-9 hours.

EDT requires more sprays for better projection. EDP monster projection, anything over 2 sprays will slowly kill you if in confined space.

*disclaimer all of which I listed is heresy as I have no received my EDP l instant yet. but I've yet to hear anything bad about EDP L'instant.

Last edited by ctran019; 5th October 2010 at 12:15 AM.

There are a lot of UK online stores selling the EDP!

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know why is the EDP so hard to find in the US?

Post Thanks / Like

is this the one that you guys are looking for?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Partagas View Post
    Anyone know why is the EDP so hard to find in the US?
    I wish I knew All I know is that it's easy to find overseas. If I could find a company who would sell to the U.S. and is relatively cheap, I'd be set.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what the deal is with L'Instant Extreme in US. I got mine from Beauty Encounter, but now they appear to be sold out. Try calling the Guerlain Boutique in Las Vegas.

I have both and find them pretty similar. Whether you need both is more a matter of your own preferences and wallet I think.

The EdP on me seems to last longer, but project less. It is more gourmand, but in true Guerlain style, it is a very subtle gourmand. It does not POUND like some of the "clubber" scents many here favor. When you read "cocoa notes" do not think in terms of something like A*MEN.

ctran: Not sure where you heard or read that about the EdP. It's stronger than EdT, but I don't find it to be a projection monster. People have to get close- which is good thing. They'll want to.

Post Thanks / Like

As to the original query about hardest to find frag, a quick story. I had read in here about the legendary Patou Pour Homme. In a back forth of PMs with another member, he happened to mention he had seen a bottle of Patou Pour Homme in an odd little store in an office complex.

It was 2 miles from my house, so I lept in the car. It was a teeny tiny convenience store to service a twin tower office complex. We're talking about place smaller than most average bedrooms. It was off the street and has no real "walk-in foot traffic;" just mostly visited by people who work in the office towers on weekdays.

For some odd reason, he had small case filled with colognes. I searched and didn't see it. Finally asked him, and he had it behind the counter. Sold it to me for $46.

I got it home and tried it out. I fear the years of being in a store which is not temperature controlled all the time probably has mostly "killed" it. It has enough of its presence left to give me an idea of the scent, but seems to have very little longevity, which isn't what I would expect from this scent.

It is very "perfumey." I think part of it's appeal and mystique is that when it was originally available, it had a very refined and high end male perfume scent not unlike Amouage Gold, or Clive Christian Number One. But, it was available as a standard designer scent for around $60 or so.

In terms of "attitude," it's kind of like Vintage Tabarome or maybe Trumper's Eucris. It doesn't smell like either, but it's very old school-ish, manly and for many here, way too "mature" in feel. For most of you in this thread, this isn't the way "dad" would smell, more like "grandad." I kind of like the vibe of it, but were it still in good shape, I wouldn't wear it often. It feels a bit mature and formal at times even for me (and I'm kind of mature guy).

(Final note: When I first posted about this find in February, many local BNers PMed me for location of store and descended on the poor fellow who runs the place. There is no more Patou Pour Homme there, and if he had anything else worthwhile, it was no doubt snapped up.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by b3t0_1972 View Post
    is this the one that you guys are looking for?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    Ordered from that seller ended up being a fake or watered down so I returned it. Lasted only 2-3 hours and smells nothing like the EDT version and I mean completely off.

On a slightly related note to the OP's question I am keen to get hold of L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Cristaux D'Agrumes - BN directory shows this to be a limited edition but in production.

I haven't been able to track it down online - does anyone know if it's one of those that is available only in certain boutiques?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's also known as L'instant de Guerlain Citrus Crystals. I imagine it's the opposite of the EDP; it's more based on the citrus notes and is lighter. Beauty Encounter used to have it, but not anymore. The EDP is more available overseas, but that version might be really hard to track down.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking