Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Guess what came in the mail today...!

A sample of Chergui! Serge Lutens has absolutely incredible delivery as I requested it last friday. Its a 1.2mL EDP and came with a bunch of papers, order forms, and all that jazz...

The initial spray reminded me of something but i couldn't put my finger on it. It's about 10 minutes in development and i figured it out. It reminds me of Diesel Zero + Masculine! Now thats not to say they're identical. The way i would describe Chergui is that it's what Diesel Z+ should have been. It's got that dry, floral feel (and i'm smelling some hay, which adds to the dryness; its desert-themed so i suppose that makes sense!) HOWEVER, Lutens did what Diesel failed at: they added a sweet accord to counter-balance the extreme dryness. The two are alike in that they remind me of carbonation in soda (that probably makes no sense but thats what it reminds me of, not in taste but in...feel(?) )

As my first true dive into the niche market (MI is an embarrassment to Creed, just my opinion) I'm rather impressed!

Default Re: Guess what came in the mail today...!

Congrats Neurosis.....Gary

Well done Neurosis!
    Last edited by volley2; 5th October 2010 at 02:35 AM.

Nice. I requested a sample of concentre d'orange verte from Hermes last week and still haven't gotten it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gabystie View Post
    Nice. I requested a sample of concentre d'orange verte from Hermes last week and still haven't gotten it.
    I requested Terre De Hermes and they said they'd send a sample in a week-ish. I requested Muscs Kublai Khan and hopefully i'll get that too...still waiting on any sort of reply from Tom Ford about tobacco vanille

Hermes sent me two samples of Heremessence Ambre Narguile maybe like 4 weeks after the day the confirmed that they would send me samples. They said expect like 10-14 days. Interestingly enough, the day I went ahead and bought the travel set is the day they arrived. lol

Well now you have plenty of it! I adore Ambre Narguile. It's so damned expensive, but I may just have to purchase it.
    Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Unlike some other houses, Lutens and Hermes are at the very top in generating customer good will, which includes sending out samples.

After reading your post, I requested a sample of Chergui as well. It arrived quickly. It's a quality fragrance, no doubt, but not for me. Too sweet on my skin.

I got my samples I requested from Hermes yesterday, yeeeeeeeeee. They sent me Voyage, Terre D'Hermes, and two of Orange D'verte.

Really disappointed with Orange D'verte, it only last for half an hour, then it smells like you had it on your skin the day before. Voyage was nice but reminded me of Eau De Cartier. But Terre D'Hermes blew my head off. Really smooth and dry smell. Reminded me of my hometown down in Mexico when the sun sets. I'm testing it right now and I loving the heck out of it, too bad fall already started because I would have worn it the whole summer. I'll just hold off till next summer and get it or................................. should I get it now? Aaaaah!, the dilemma of being a basenoter.

Chergui is nice, but I got a brown spot on my skin all day,not sure if anyone else had this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciprian View Post
    Chergui is nice, but I got a brown spot on my skin all day,not sure if anyone else had this problem.
    Great fragrance and a tan!
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer