Code of Conduct

Default Let Me Introduce Myself / Rose Poivree / Dimitri Dimitriadis

Hi guys!

After reading COUNTLESS basenotes threads & reading up & saving/cataloguing COUNTLESS perfume articles to learn as much as possible about perfume, I've finally decided to create one of my own posts! So I'm not one of those hovering leeches trying to glean as much info without contributing anymore ;P

I'm Mike, I'm from the suburb of Cottesloe in the city of Perth, Western Australia, and I feel honoured to be here, & look forward to meeting & talking with others!

I would love to find out where I can sniper-locate a VINTAGE bottle of Rose Poivree by The Different Company (ie. one made in 2001, or at least pre-reformulation). Please help.

P.S. Dimitri Dimitriadis, who writes his Sorcery of Scent blog (sorceryofscent.blogspot.com/), also lives in Perth, like me. He has been very helpful corresponding with me, giving some good advice and tips, so I thought I would put out a good word for him here. His website makes for fascinating reading, so please check him out (:

Kind Regards (in the best non-formal way)

MIKE

Default Re: Let Me Introduce Myself / Rose Poivree / Dimitri Dimitriadis

well, welcome! Sounds like you've put in a laudable effort to learn as much as you can.

Dimitri's a good resource!

sorry, I have no idea where to help you find the Rose Poivree. Good luck!

(you did see the self-education thread pinned at the top right? - feel free to PM me more articles/sources. it needs an update)
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 6th October 2010 at 12:25 AM.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Hey, thanks Master-Classer, good to meet you! No sweat about the RP, you're a legend for saying hi anyway. Be sure to talk to you soon....

Welcome the boards! Dmitri's a good guy. I still remember when I thought he was a Danish, but now that he's back in Perth I think he's likely the most informed perfumista you'll find in your half of the country! Great head start into the world of fragrance to correspond with him.

Welcome to Basenotes Mike!
    Stick around and have some fun. It's good to have new members contribute.
    And yes, Dimitri's writing is always fun and informative to read too.
    RM

How have I missed this one? Would you believe I saw it pop up on Google?
    Thanks Mike for the kind words (and my fellow members)! Mike, have you managed to find your Rose Poivree yet?

I know the BN member matthewfoo has a small arsenal of TDC fragrances locked away in his minibar fridge in Singapore... perhaps he may be able to advise you where he bought them, or if there is a good stockist in the Asia Pacific / Oceania region.
    I mean lets face it... besides Mecca Cosmetica in Claremont and Hay St Mall, we really have rubbish colognes here in Perth.

do let us know... I'm in San Francisco area and there are some good resources here too, I could ask around for you.
    Passionate supporter of parrot welfare www.thegabrielfoundation.org

Basenotes Plus

Hi Mike & welcome.
    Contact the beauty section of the Plaza Hotel in NYC. ASAP. They have unadvertised bottles of TDC Rose Poivree, as of Oct. 23rd. I was there & had one in my hot little hand. Rose Poivree, prior to reformulation is a favorite of mine too but you can't have my bottle. Sorry. (I got mine at Neiman Marcus at the Short Hills Mall in NJ. They were being discontinued & were marked down. This was awhile ago.)
    Dimitri is very knowledgeable and a real sweetheart.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Guys, a big thank you for all your advice!

Dimitri - have got onto Mr Foo and let him know his minibar is currently under siege somehow I can imagine him sitting there guarding it with a shotgun, have NO IDEA why that image came into my head. Strangely enough, the pic of the inside of the minibar shows he hasn't interspersed the arrangement and lining up of his fragrances with booze as well, perhaps to make it look more interesting. What's a minibar without booze!? Boozy fragrances don't count.....

RHM - are you aware if the bottles they are selling in the NY Plaza are pre-formulation or not?

BayKAT - that's very kind of you! Will let you know if I struggle to find one.

Nice meeting you all!

Welcome to the forum man Im down here in Adelaide. Join the OZ split group in my signature !
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Hi and welcome to your stay at the basenotes forums where its fun to let others know what you think about this and that.
    Looking to purchase - Aventus any size or participate in a split