Code of Conduct

Default Aventus... the Energizer Bunny of niche longevity

Before you say "not another Aventus thread", I had to test Aventus for a third time yesterday when I was in Indianapolis because of all the Basenotes hype. I have to say that it is a very good fragrance, very well-crafted, and VERY unique, but it's just not my cup of tea. I say this because I also tested MI that day and thought it was a better fit for a (soon-to-be) college student.

Anyway, I sprayed on some Aventus at Saks around 4:30 PM yesterday. 23 hours later, after all of these things:
    • a good night's sleep
    • a nap shortly after waking up
    • a 20-minute 5 mph walk at the Y (I walk really fast)
    • a trip to CVS
    • a long, hot, 20-minute shower with some (really good) peppermint-scented Michel Design Works soap

I can still smell the Aventus on my wrist, albeit somewhat more muted.

I'll probably ask for either MI or Eau de Baux for my Christmas scent, as I think those scents will be a better fit at a college where it's 100% small classrooms and 0% lecture halls come January. But if it's a super-long-lasting niche you're looking for, don't walk - run to your nearest Creed counter.

FWIW, here's something about the Energizer Bunny for those of you living outside the US and Canada so you can get the connection: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energizer_Bunny
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Default Re: Aventus... the Energizer Bunny of niche longevity

Thank's for sharing.

Get excellent longevity from Aventus also.
    (903)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Banned
    Blog Entries

You should have checked the batch code..

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    I knew that line was coming. Didn't have time to check the batch code.
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Aventus does not project but yes it lasts long .

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    I like it. lol

Whether the dominate smoky or Pineapple batches mine does very much the same. It perhaps is my longest lasting Creed scent. A very good one no matter what the naysayers have to say.

Great fragrance

If you think Aventus is "the Energizer Bunny of niche longevity" you must not have much experience with niche. I enjoy Aventus very much. I get very good longevity from it, but it's nowhere in the same league, longevity wise, as things like L'Air du Desert Marocain, Interlude Man and countless others. I get better longevity from Royal Oud than Aventus.

I'm not saying Aventus doesn't perform well in terms of longevity. It does. It smells great and it lasts. But to say it's the Energizer Bunny of niche longevity is silly.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    Aventus does not project but yes it lasts long .
    I find its the exact opposite. It has nuclear projection for the first couple hours, but fizzles out quite quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    I find its the exact opposite. It has nuclear projection for the first couple hours, but fizzles out quite quickly.
    Agree with this about it's projection.

Excellent longevity, but not the best. Dior Oud Ispahan, Amouage Interlude Man, and several others last even longer. But Aventus is certainly right up there.

I think I got better longevity from SMW. I get at least the same amount of longevity from Himalaya, and there are other niche scents which give me even better longevity.

23 hours with a shower in the middle, yes that is excellent longevity on skin. Not sure how many other niche or designer offerings match or exceed that.

Yes, I here get Amazing longevity too with this Master piece! That Creeds Aventus is....peace
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

both Aventus and MI are great colognes, enjoy!

If you want to leave a lasting impression on a lady wear Millesime Imperial. If you simply want sex, wear Aventus.

To get the best balance between the pineapple and heavy birch in Aventus, i apply it on clothes as well. That way, by the time i'm at the early end of my work day, the top notes are still lingering while the birch just starts to emerge by then.

Still, clothes or not, batch or not, i love it.

And yes, Projection tones down after 2 hours on the skin, but the longevity is great.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Tonight I've confirmed to myself at least that the olfactary fatigue is real . Quick story - I have a 95% full 120ml bottle, but I'm (possibly foolishly) letting it macerate for 3 months to see if that theory actually holds any weight or if it's complete and utter BS. Got 1 month left, until then I have a few offical Creed samples to use... I was transferring from one of the samples to an atomizer and a couple drops of juice got on my fingers so I rubbed it onto my wrists (btw, it's really shockingly difficult to get the juice out of the Creed sample.. even completely upside down, I had to flick the vial to get even a little bit of juice to move... is it really that thick???). It's been about 2 hrs now and I can faintly smell it on my arms when I put my nose up to it. Thought that was strange so I opened another one of the samples (once again, offical Creed carded sample), and COULD BARELY SMELL THE SCENT with my nose right up to the full sample vial. Why is the olfactory fatique so strong in this one? I could understand if it was an ISO-E loaded scent, but what gives?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Tonight I've confirmed to myself at least that the olfactary fatigue is real . Quick story - I have a 95% full 120ml bottle, but I'm (possibly foolishly) letting it macerate for 3 months to see if that theory actually holds any weight or if it's complete and utter BS. Got 1 month left, until then I have a few offical Creed samples to use... I was transferring from one of the samples to an atomizer and a couple drops of juice got on my fingers so I rubbed it onto my wrists (btw, it's really shockingly difficult to get the juice out of the Creed sample.. even completely upside down, I had to flick the vial to get even a little bit of juice to move... is it really that thick???). It's been about 2 hrs now and I can faintly smell it on my arms when I put my nose up to it. Thought that was strange so I opened another one of the samples (once again, offical Creed carded sample), and COULD BARELY SMELL THE SCENT with my nose right up to the full sample vial. Why is the olfactory fatique so strong in this one? I could understand if it was an ISO-E loaded scent, but what gives?
    edit: family members still say they can clearly smell it on me from 3 feet away

It lasts a long time but after the opening which is at least vaguely interesting, for the vast majority of that longevity it is extremely generic in a very safe and boring way. For the price I would hope it lasts well, unfortunately it's so boring that it really isn't worth a purchase.

Damn, I just posted in an Aventus thread (-1 to me).

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    (btw, it's really shockingly difficult to get the juice out of the Creed sample.. even completely upside down, I had to flick the vial to get even a little bit of juice to move... is it really that thick???)
    No, but the necking down of the glass allows the surface tension of the alcohol to keep it from pouring out. Insert something like a bent paperclip and then touch the mouth of the atomizer with it. If you do it right the fragrance will dump right into the new bottle as the surface tension will let it coat the clip and then the lip of the bottle, gravity will do the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by maricle View Post
    23 hours with a shower in the middle, yes that is excellent longevity on skin. Not sure how many other niche or designer offerings match or exceed that.
    Agree.
    With great smell comes great responsibility

World changing super frag - masterpiece of pineapple - the stuff of legend - Amazing. Absolutely amazing - I love it! - The very best - this is ultimate stuff

Just wanted to chime in with my longevity story about Aventus...
    On Tuesday morning I took a shower, sprayed Aventus twice on my neck and once on each wrist. I headed to the office where I usually use the desktop computer, but on that particular day I remember taking out my laptop and using it for 10-15 mins. After I was done I put my laptop back in its bag.
    Today is Friday (24 x 3 = 72 hours later)
    I took my laptop out of its bag for the first time since Tuesday, proceeded to open it, and I immediately detected this amazing pineapple-smoke smell. I was so confused because I knew I had not sprayed anything so it couldn't be coming from my clothes. So I started sniffing like a bloodhound....and lo and behold, I found the source of smell....it was where my wrists had merely rubbed the area just beneath the keyboard for a few minutes, three days prior! I stopped just short of licking my laptop.

Aventus has beast projection and excellent longevity to everyone but the person wearing it.