Code of Conduct

Default Scent Intense vs Scent Intense Parfum?

Hey folks. Scent Intense Parfum was one of the first niche perfumes I smelt when I began this passion of mine and was totally enamored by it but never purchased a FB. I recently got out my tiny 3 year old luckyscent sample and I've fallen in love once again. The mouthwatering fruity tea topnotes and that warm yet bright amber base has totally gotten to me. I have to have this! It is strangely addictive and I think about all day long. Weird thing is, I even smell it even if I don't have it on...it's that strange. Now the bad news is, luckyscent is sold out and there's one e-retailer that's selling it...but they charge $50 for shipping! So my question is, for the folks who have tried both the EDP and the limited edition parfum, is there a significant difference. And if anyone has a source that I can purchase the parfum I will be eternally grateful...my wallet won't though

Default Re: Scent Intense vs Scent Intense Parfum?

anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I don't know what the difference is between the Scent Intense EdP (black atomizer) and the Scent Intense Parfum Limited Edition (red atomizer). The latter no longer appears among the fragrances sold in Costume National's own online store; its scarcity elsewhere suggests that it may no longer be in production.

I suggest you give the EdP a try. It is one of my all-time favorites, and it's hard for me to imagine the Parfum being an improvement on it.

In fact, I suggest you try all the readily available Costume National fragrances. To my nose, they are all variations on the same theme, and any one of them could turn out to be your favorite. (Worse case scenario: if none of them works its magic for you like the Parfum, then the high price of getting it shipped from your vendor may seem less painful!)

I assume you've seen this short earlier thread.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Thank you for reply PaulSC! I guess I'll have to succumb an order a sample of the EDP. I have CN's 21 but have found it too "condensed" and cluttered for my current tastes. It's just so darn creamy! I still have a soft spot for it though. I have a feeling I have to act fast and order the sample because it may not be for sale much longer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I really enjoy 21. I wasn't sure what to expect, as I've never tried a "creamy" fragrance. I was pleasantly surprised!
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    I really enjoy 21. I wasn't sure what to expect, as I've never tried a "creamy" fragrance. I was pleasantly surprised!
    It is gorgeous, isn't it! Plus I love how they managed to get the spices to blend it beautifully with the milky aspect without acting harsh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I know! It's really incredible. I enjoy it more and more every time I wear it. I really love the opening.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Post Thanks / Like

I actually prefer 21 to Scent Intense (never tried the original Scent). Scent Intense feels more feminine for some reason.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Ok folks I have an update! I was shopping yesterday at this department store and lo and behold, they have Scent Intense! I went to try it...and I found my answer. It smells 97% like the limited edition parfum! It's somewhat airier and not syrupy...but I think I prefer it to the parfum! Well, they were selling it for about retail price, but a quick search online, and I found it for about half the retail price...so I bought it!

Post Thanks / Like

Intresting.. I was looking to test this one out. I heard some good things about it..
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

Post Thanks / Like

There is a new scent intense parfum actually. It came out only a few months ago. I only knew about it a few days ago after buying original scent intense which is an EDP. So strength is less whereas the parfum is stringer and it contains a new ingredient myrrh (which I read good things about).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NXEjYWdhZI

Post Thanks / Like

The new scent intense special edition 2013 sucks

Moderator.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by klimax View Post
    The new scent intense special edition 2013 sucks

Why, klimax?
    Is it very different now?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Why, klimax?
    Is it very different now?
    The new ingredient Myrrh overpowers everything, there is no Scent Intense DNA in Special Edition. Why mess with perfection!?

Moderator.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info., klimax - there are various reasons that they're messed with, unfortunately, such as cost, regulation, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Thanks for the info., klimax - there are various reasons that they're messed with, unfortunately, such as cost, regulation, etc.
    I didn't make it clear, the old one is still there but there is also a 2013 special edition.