Code of Conduct

Default Creed Aventus Alternatives (preferably lower priced)

Hey Guys,

Thought I would reach out here. I tried out Creed Aventus a few months back and the scent was simply eurphoric.

Unfortunately right now I can't stomach the $260 price tag, and have a nice bottle of GIT sitting on my dresser waiting to be used. I know its somewhat of a unique cologne, but I was just wondering if anyone knows of an alternative which may smell similar.

Any input would be really appreciated! Thanks!

Default Re: Creed Aventus Alternatives (preferably lower priced)

I don't k now how to answer questions like this. Aventus smells like Aventus.

There are many other great scents that are less money. Maybe someone here will know of something that smells similar.
    Can you elaborate at all on what about Aventus you liked?

aint nothing like the real thing....no matter how close it gets......save your pennies and do yourself a favour..........go on, you know you want to!!

Why not get the 1 oz/30 ml travel size? $140

Basenotes Institution

Just get a small bottle of it. Or a decant.

Get a decant. You can probably nab 30ml for less than a bottle of a designer frag - that's what I had done. Now I'm wanting a full-bottle... I love how it lasts and wears on me.

Great scent. For now, get a decent sized decant in a good atomizer and you'll be set until you can afford that price.

Thanks guys, I think I will just cough up for it when the time comes.

Sometimes you can get away with it! (ie. Dunhill Pure for GIT)

Okay well Dunhill pure isn't exactly GIT - but just curious more than anything! lol

I forget which Cerruti, but there os a cerruti flanker which smelled alot like the topnotes/pineapple. But the Cerruti didn't have the conservative/dry-smoke/musk drydown. A similar style with alot of apple/pineapple up top, that dries into a light conservative tobacco type drydown, one which was higher quality than expected, was baldinini. Baldinini has a very similar apple/spice accord to Burberry London, and features the same light-dry tobacco note as london also. Baldinini also features a prominent pineapple note that lasts well, lasting all the way to the end on fabric. Baldinini has a pineapple/spice/dry-tobacco/musk drydown, stylistically similar to Aventus, in the balance of pineapple/apple-to-dry-masculine notes.

Bond Riverside Drive sourced from eBay. Not as refined as Aventus, but longer lasting (IME, at least). I actually have a couple partial bottles if you're interested...

get some pineapple juice and apply, and call it diabeetus.

In my early Basenotes days, part of what I hoped to find was something that smelled like Clive Christian X for less money.
    So, I relate to the fact that many stumble in here with those same kinds of thoughts.

The fact that GIT and Cool Water bear a somewhat similar vibe also seems to inspire many to think whatever pricey fragrance you like, there's a cheaper alternative that smells just like it - or close. But I find with many of these threads, the scent under discussion doesn't really have anything close. Sometimes similar, but they are not, and never will be the scent the person really wants.

Too, everyone's nose and judgement is different. After a year+ and dozens and dozens of "smells like GIT" threads, now I see OP says something called Dunhill Pure smells like GIT.

The only thing that smells like GIT to me is GIT.

Sounds like Romance Silver Men (light, musky tobacco), though no pineapple there.

For me Aventus kind of smells like D&G - the one and Chanel - Platinum Egoiste combined, so my best guess would be those two layered

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    In my early Basenotes days, part of what I hoped to find was something that smelled like Clive Christian X for less money.
    So, I relate to the fact that many stumble in here with those same kinds of thoughts.

The fact that GIT and Cool Water bear a somewhat similar vibe also seems to inspire many to think whatever pricey fragrance you like, there's a cheaper alternative that smells just like it - or close. But I find with many of these threads, the scent under discussion doesn't really have anything close. Sometimes similar, but they are not, and never will be the scent the person really wants.

Too, everyone's nose and judgement is different. After a year+ and dozens and dozens of "smells like GIT" threads, now I see OP says something called Dunhill Pure smells like GIT.

The only thing that smells like GIT to me is GIT.
    Despite it ruins your whole point - just out of curiousity did you find anything that came "close" to Clive Christian "X"? In the word "close" i would say GIT and CW are

Quote Originally Posted by Abliss View Post
    For me Aventus kind of smells like D&G - the one and Chanel - Platinum Egoiste combined, so my best guess would be those two layered
    Julio is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    Julio is that you?
    I am afraid you have me mistaken with someone else

Wait until you can spring for a bottle, you won't be sorry.

Despite it ruins your whole point - just out of curiousity did you find anything that came "close" to Clive Christian "X"? In the word "close" i would say GIT and CW are
    No, nothing that gives the same feeling as X. Not even close. I just found dozens of other scents I like as much or more.

Boss in Motion by Hugo Boss.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    No, nothing that gives the same feeling as X. Not even close. I just found dozens of other scents I like as much or more.
    This goes back to the yahoo boards, but there was some discussion as to how California North smelled like Clive Christian X. I bought a bottle (pretty cheap), and it was similar - but obviously not the same quality. Here's the old post:

[Basenotes.com] Re: Clive Christian "X" --Nevermind!!

That's where I found it, as you would say, CHEEP! A few people e-
    mailed me and said they couldn't find any fragrances listed on the
    site, but if you do a search for that particular scent on
    Bizrate.com, you'll see several products--all good deals (one was
    actually for $2 aftershave or something similar.)

--- In Basenotes@yahoogroups.com, scentimus@a... wrote:
    > In a message dated 6/2/2003 11:52:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
    > thebarkster@y... writes:
    >
    > > Just did a search and found a thread discussing it. Thanks,
    Jerry,
    > > for the suggestion of California North instead. For those
    looking
    > > for a sweet deal, FOGDOG.COM has this on sale, BIG TIME!!!!!
    3.4 oz
    > > bottle for only
    > > $6.19!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! I'm GOING
    > > SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
    >
    > I am very CONFUSED! Are you saying that Fogdog is selling
    fragrances?
    > Paul a/k/a the scentimus®
    >
    >
    >
    > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    The Bark Bites Back here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com

So you're saying just buy D&G The One and Chanel Platinum Egoiste and just spray them both on you? HAHAHAH

Quote Originally Posted by Mistawho View Post
    So you're saying just buy D&G The One and Chanel Platinum Egoiste and just spray them both on you? HAHAHAH
    That is exactly what i am saying. The fruity vipe from The One, and the "metallic smoke from Platinum Egoiste" for me is Aventus. Where is the funny part?

That is exactly what i am saying. The fruity vipe from The One, and the "metallic smoke from Platinum Egoiste" for me is Aventus. Where is the funny part?
    I'm going to try it! I'll tell you how it goes! hehe

Do not hold me accountable for the result - it might fail miserably. I have never attempt to layer my fragrance, be sure to post the results here.

Paco Rabanne Black XS

For the pineapple note, what about Hula by Neil Morris - scroll down... perhaps?

Joop Nightflight has a Pineapple note, but smells more like GIT/CW than it does Aventus

I read that reminds Allure Pour Homme Chanel

I recently ordered a sample and haven't gotten to try this one out yet. I think it would be hilarious if Aventus turned out to be a niche copy of Curve, which has a distinct pineapple note to my nose.

Personally, I find the vibe of Aventus similar to Blue de Chanel. Get your hands on Blue de Chanel (2-3 times cheaper than Aventus) and you won't be dissapointed.

I think Aventus smells similar to a stronger Gucci by Gucci. My first snif of Aventus, Gucci by Gucci came to mind.
    I think this is a good thing.
    I post lots from my I phone so if this looks like a text message that's why ( :

I remember someone on here posting that Zara Sprint 9 something or other smelled like it. I can't vouch for that and have never shopped at a Zara store but someone posted that quite often.

So what was the result?

Get this, Creeds Aventus = (you ready for this?!) Versace BLUE JEANS!

So I just got a 2.5 oz. bottle of aventus and I gave it a try. Initially I got the pineapple on top but it quickly turns into a dated but refined musky leathery type of scent. Through out the day as I was wearing it, it kept bringing up a familiar scent but couldnt put my nose on it. So I go to spray my air freshener (Versace Blue Jeans) and low and behold what do I get? Creeds Aventus!

And before anyone gets their panties up in a bunch, I'll say this,"They aren't identical twins but very much similar".

I would recommend the relaunched DK Fuel. It has a pineapple note but is more leathery than Aventus. Excellent fragrance. It is only available online at Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman. I've only seen it in one Neiman Marcus store. It is $98 for 3.4 oz. Unfortunately neither store ships to Canada. I don't know if anyone in Canada sells t.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

fragnet has 2.5 for around 178 plus 15% discount makes it even less. i got a bottle from them and it is very nice

For me Aventus is a fruity (and stronger!) version of Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme / Ralph Lauren Silver Romance, especially in drydown. I feel a masculine tobacco-like drydown with a mildness of fruits.

what about Joop! Nightflight? It's got the pineapple, herbs, a little woody...
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir,
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress,
    Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura
    HARD TO FIND -
    Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, Champacca Absolute and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I can decant some for ya. PM me.
    adversity introduces a man to himself -anonymous

Blog Entries

OK, I think I've found something which mimics the base of Aventus as well as Zara Sprint 9.58 mimics the top. Well, maybe not AS well, but it's surprisingly reminiscent of Aventus.

That fragrance is.... oddly enough.....

Rocawear 9IX.

It's a bit weaker than Aventus, but it is very similar to the later lots of Aventus where the fruity top is diminished, and it goes straight into the smoky birch. In the case of 9IX, smoky suede is probably a better description, but the bases smell very similar. I did not spot this when I first smelled Aventus, even though I had smelled 9IX before. I think that I recognized Aventus as having a designer base, but didn't remember where I had smelled it.

However, once I sniffed 9IX, after buying a bottle, the similarity to Aventus was obvious.

I even tested it by layering some Zara Sprint and Rocawear 9IX together - it really smells like a bad imitation of Aventus. My wife smelled the two (layered vs. Aventus) and thought that the Aventus was clearly better, but that they were very similar.

The layered mixture is opaque, muddled, and just makes me wish I was wearing Aventus. The fruit (not quite pineapple) and smoky base are there, but it's just plain complicated, with two or three blobs of something stuck in the spot were Aventus is transparent. You realize how good and how transparent Aventus is when compared to this mix of two low-end designer frags. However, I'm glad that I got the Rocawear ($19.95 at Marshall's), because it's actually pretty good by itself. I liked it when it came out, and I'm glad I kept an eye out for a discount bottle.

Here's a website blurb for the notes in 9IX...

A contemporary mix of Asian Coriander, Mandarin Zest, and Living Cantaloupe linger over a pulsating heart of Spike Lavendar, Geranium Leaf, and intense, textural suede accord. A base blend of Amber, Musk, and rugged Timber Wood complete the essence...
    The base is noticeably different from Aventus, but overall it comes very close.

PS - I know I owe a couple of you guys some Zara. I'll get it out soon. Sorry for the delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Sounds like Romance Silver Men (light, musky tobacco), though no pineapple there.
    Not in the slightest bit, in my personal experience. I do have a cheap 50mL bottle of RSM for sale in the marketplace, though, if you're interested
    My wanted thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/265086 (currently in search of a bottle of Kiton Black)
    My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/270368