Code of Conduct

Default I would wear only YSL fragrances if I could only choose one house-- however......

I would not know what to wear doing the summer because Live Jazz lasts 30 minutes on me and I havn't really found another YSL summer frag that I'm in love with.

I LOVE most of their big names, but they all seem fall/winter orientated.

Default Re: I would wear only YSL fragrances if I could only choose one house-- however......

Variety=key to life

Sur la Plage

Default Re: I would wear only YSL fragrances if I could only choose one house-- however......

Opium pour Homme Eau d'Orient
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

i think L'Homme can be

I've not tried it but maybe the tattoo edition of Kouros?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I'd say go for the l'homme series, although they are for the masses you cannot deny they are pleasant. Live jazz on me lasts a long time so i can't really relate to your problem. Perhaps consider Rive gauche? I think that could work for summer time. Hmm, YSL pour homme could work. Classy citrus.

+1 on Kouros Tattoo Edition. I will add another Kouros flanker, Kouros Sport. Both of these would work best in summer. I understand there is also a summer edition of Kouros Sport, but I have not tried it. I assume it would work just as well as these others in the heat.

Pour Homme is great in hot weather

YSL is my favorite designer house. You can buy a handful of their classics for the same price as a single Creed or Bond No 9.

M7 Fresh seems like it would do well in the summer, too.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Maybe you could find a 'summer' house, if you like keeping it in one family

Pour L'Homme

I'd have to say Kouros Fraicheur if you could find it or mind paying the price on ebay for a rare 100ml bottle of it. (I picked up a few mini bottles of 10ml for cheap; hard to find though too.) Nice breezy twist on Kouros excellent for hot weather I think.

Kouros Tattoo is a great suggestion.. Heck all the Kouros flankers I've tried besides Kouros Eau De Sport (sadly rare but ridiculously good) I'd say are great as a summer scent.

M7 Fresh isn't a bad suggestion either.. be nice for a day out that turns into a warm summer evening. And hey cant go wrong with the classic Pour Homme.. Rive gauche I could see being used well in warm weather to; maybe a more mild day though for me.

The L'Homme series I'd say also is a good summer scent.. I'm a huge classic YSL fan but I still like and own these scents even if they are 'safe'. Of good quality and still have very individual characteristics once you really wear and get to know them IMO.

Strange Live Jazz dose not last for you! Its funny I wore it today for a 10 hour shift at work and was surprised I could still smell it after.. usually freshen up with a 2nd scent after the work day but didn't need to. (..Still did though have so many samples I wanted to try )

See YSL does have a lot to offer for summer!

Basenotes Plus

Unless you've set this up to be a challenge of some sorts, I don't really see why anyone needs to restrict himself to one fragrance house. It's almost like eating from the same burger joint every day because they happen to make great burgers - but you end up eating them for breakfast, lunch & dinner, albeit with slightly different fillings.

Summery light frags tend to be shortlived anyway, no matter which house you go with. Carry an atomiser with you. Even a sample vial in your pocket is better than nothing.

There's quite a few fresh/summer flankers to a lot of their fragrances. M7 and Kouros spring to mind.

Kouros Cologne Sport might also be a good option, but I'm afraid that if Live Jazz doesn't last on you, KCS won't either.

+1 PH

Also, I always advocate for a light spritz of Kouros in summer.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

OPIUM HOMME EAU DE PARFUM...nuff said.
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

I agree with the l'homme suggestions...they seemed rather light to me.

Another vote for pour Homme- as frag most likely very suitable for summer

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz
    I always advocate for a light spritz of Kouros in summer.
    +1. It sounds like it shouldn't make sense, but Kouros smells fantastic on skin in the summer heat. Soapy musk with a bit of spice, herbs, incense and florals, and it somehow blends perfectly with sweat. Try it, you might be suprised. It comes across as powdery and slightly bitter when I wear it in the cooler months.

YSL does have it all. You want a casual fragrance? L'Homme for day, La nuit for night. Something more fancy? the various summer version of kouros for day, M7 for a romantic evening and Body Kouros for the night out. And while Kouros is strong, I still feel it's summer'ish, but I'd still go for one of the flankers over the original.

L`Homme are a good choice i think, its kinda refreshing on me.

Kouros Fraicheur
    Opium Eau d'Orient

I instantly thought L'Homme, and aparently, so did many others. But this thread got me wondering...does YSL have any citruces?

I've never bought anything from YSL. I looked some of these up on their site and can't find most of the names mentioned here. Is there a place I can get them or at least a sample of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    I instantly thought L'Homme, and aparently, so did many others. But this thread got me wondering...does YSL have any citruces?
    Pour Homme is a big lemon experience. Lasts very long for a citrus scent.

Quote Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post
    I've never bought anything from YSL. I looked some of these up on their site and can't find most of the names mentioned here. Is there a place I can get them or at least a sample of them?
    Chi Town must have some perfume stores. Try the second choice down, Perfume Temptations. Call 'em

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc...=Chicago%2C+IL

This place too

http://www.yelp.com/biz/perfume-outlet-chicago-2
    Last edited by adonis; 7th October 2010 at 05:28 AM.

Thanx Adonis. I'll have to try that some time.