Code of Conduct

Default college daytime scent

would you go for Dior Homme or Emporio Armani He? I think Dior smells better but I suspect younger women to prefer He/Lui
    Acqua di Giņ is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

Default Re: college daytime scent

Dior Homme. The Armanis are played out, especially Code, and none of them are very interesting. Dior Homme smells gorgeous, intelligent, sophisticated, and smart - all the qualities you want to project at college, no? The gourmand and floral notes give it huge appeal to young women, as well. I've worn it and gotten a number of compliments from the 20-somethings I work with.

(Edit: Just noticed that Armani Code is in your top five. I, er...umm...like I said, it's played out, not bad. I thought it was the greatest scent on earth when I was younger, and I still have a soft spot for it.)

I agree with subhuman - Dior fits the bill, although I honestly haven't atried the Armani to make a comparison

I don't like Armani fragrances that much. I think they are kind of boring actually. I vote Dior! =D
    I'm not your toy.

Dior Homme

Yet another vote for Dior, also very likely to be appreciated by the younger women

Is Dior Homme the one that smells like lipstick?
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Even if its played out I'm almost 100 percent positive college age girls will like the Armani better.

If your budget allows, try putting a little male pheromone (just a dab) on along with your fragrance of choice. I am not Mr. Universe, but I have had guys follow me around, ladies too. I am a fan of pheromones, if properly applied.

I would recommend Emporio Armani Night He. It is the biggest sleeper ever on my next-purchase list. I can't believe how little press this fragrance receives...Must be the whole Armani cliche thing...Beats me! But of the 2 you listed, I'd go with Dior Homme b/c it makes a bigger statement. If you're gonna wear something exclusively or as a signature, it better make a statement.

I see no reason why you couldn't rotate through Dior, Code and Allure Sport that I see you also have listed in your top 5. Why unnecessarily restrict yourself to one?
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Honestly Dior Homme is more of a fragrance women like to smell on other women, at least that's what I have been getting.

Do you have anything to choose from, because it is true the Armanis are overplayed, esp code.
    I suggest Paco Rabanne XS (or XS Extreme)
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Blog Entries

The problem with Dior Homme for me, thought I agree it is a good fragrance, is that it is so widely used, so if you are a sophisticated college student wanting to make an impression wear something like Eau du 68 or Habit Rouge Beau Cavalier, both by Guerlain or Daim Blond or Ambre Sultan by Serge Lutens.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 7th October 2010 at 05:23 AM.

Impossible to say which fragrance the girls like will like the most, Armani is safe while Dior is more out-there and takes more confidence to pull off. In my opinion - if you got it going on wear Dior, if your a little bit more shy or anything wear Armani

Personally, I don't wear Dior Homme for the day. For me, it's more of a night scent. It is very good though!

Here is a thread regarding Dior Homme having a lipstick or make-up bag scent.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/247...-like-lipstick
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer