Code of Conduct

Default Creed Silver Mountain Water

Hi guys,

I guess i learn my lesson, just bought my first Creed ever off Ebay, and it is fake...

The thing is, i think it smells like an original (i have only tried it off a sample some time ago)

Could it be, that the box and the bottle is fake but the juice is real? - maybe there is just less in the bottle, or perhaps it is mixed with water? or is there anything that smells almost exactly like SMW?

Default Re: Creed Silver Mountain Water

I Am King by P Diddy
    Top 10:
    1. Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta
    2. YSL M7
    3. Tom Ford Bois Marocain
    4. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    5. Dior Homme/Intense
    6. YSL Opium
    7. Azzaro Pour Homme
    8. Frederic Malle's Musc Ravageur
    9. YSL Live Jazz
    10. Burberry London

It even came in plastic packing... My own fault, i knew Ebay was full of scammers. Lets hope Paypal can get my cash back

Just curious - how do you know it's a fake?

The scent in the fake bottle of MI that I intentionally bought was absolutely rancid.

Renato

I have browsed thou several "how to spot a fake creed" related series at this forum. It has those typical errors "Enir" spelling mistake on the box, a different looking cap.

There was nothing in the box besides a 4 language Creed thing, not that small card thing. And if you hold the bottle up against the light there is only 50-60% juice in the bottle (it is just beside the hugh creed logo on the bottle.

The sprayer-lid also has no suspension inside.

If someone has a 100% authentic Silver Mountain Water, please take a few pictures of the bottle, the cap, the lid and underneath the bottle.

I am 85% sure this is a fake.

DeepSilence

what's the size of bottle? 75 ml or 120 ml?

I once bought a fake 120 ml SMW. The smell smelled like a 90% diluted SMW. Some blackcurrant note was still there, as well as a slight musk note. But it was very watery compared to the original.

I have no idea what they put in and whether there was any original SMW involved in the process.

The bottle I threw away (and got a refund when I threatened to report them to eBay, which I did after they refunded me because I don't want them to scam other people ) but I kept the cap. I then bought a legitimate tester and put on the fake cap.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

DeepSilence

One time i saw a cheap cologne, i shocked when i sniffed it. It was SMW just with about 12$ !! But i'm sure it didn't have 1 or 2 notes. It was very very similar to SMW.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
    I Am King by P Diddy
    I must ask were you being serious when you said that?
    My Youtube Review Channel: www.youtube.com/cutlasssupremesl

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Hoping that you get your money back.

I have purchased two fakes over the period of a year or so the most obvious diffrences with fakes would be the product that comes out of the atomizer, the creed logo on top of the sprayer I have noticed the real creeds have more of an indention into the metal of sprayer top, the creed logo on the cap isn't as professionaly done " less time spent on it" the labeling can some times be a fraction off for instance the tabarome millesime fake I recieved had a completely different color label on it then the real thing it was a much lighter brown, the bottle shape and size is almost identicle except three noticable things 1) lot numbers are usually non existent on fake bottles of 4 oz creeds. 2) the little B.B thing in the sprayer straw is always metal in the real creeds and in fakes it's plastic looking "You can't see any metal b.b at all" but this isn't usefull if the paticular bottle of creed you purchased isn't see through like tabarome, imperial and original vetiver all examples 3) the little square mound at the top of the bottle below the base of the sprayer is usually a diffrent size and shape of the original... Just a little off. Both of my fake creeds came with wrappers on the boxes, the the stand up card thingy " which was a diffrent type of paper and cut out at a different size then the authentic ones" and the 4 writing paper of creeds history was all in Arabic languages no other languages at all. I hope this helps people out ... It may be a bit confusing but just message me if you need help understanding what I've discovered about fakes. Thanks. Keep in mind fake creeds will almost definately be in a 4oz size.... I've never heard of a 1 oz or 2.5 oz fake creed or 8.4 for that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
    I Am King by P Diddy
    that is what i was going to say lol

Quote Originally Posted by CutlassSupremeSL View Post
    I must ask were you being serious when you said that?
    They're similar smelling. BTW, I like your reviews.

Thanks for all your answers, if anyone got anything more related to fake/real silver mountain water please post them. I would love to see that i have made a mistake and in fact the bottle might be real. But i am starting to doubt it.

Update to the case, i had Ebay resolution center over it - and just got the answer today. Full refund (including shipping) and the case is closed. With the statement "you do not have to do anything", i am curious to see if that mean that i do not even have to ship the "fragrance" back.

Ebay has positively surprised me multiple times

I actually swapped someone and ended up with a fake SMW. They later told me they bought it on eBay. I knew the second I smelled it that it was not the real stuff. It seemed like it was a really cheap women's perfume??? but it had some similarities with the real SMW. It was so bad it actually ruined SMW for me for awhile. It sounds like you got everything figured out though, so that's good.
    sb[]p