Code of Conduct

Default Help me decide on a perfume, for me

Hello

For my birthday I was surprised with the perfume budget of 200$, but I can add more too it from my personal savings too ofc.

Now I have the wishlist but faced with the monetary possibility of actually buying one of the more exclusive and expensive perfumes I don't know what to do.

Tabac Blonde? Orio? The Party? I both smelled the Party and Orio in London some time ago but I have a sample of Tabac Blonde ( but no idea of its age).

I loved Orio but do I need another jasmine heavy floral?

Tabac Blonde feels like it's a sister of Bandit( and this is good) since I get a bit bored of Bandit but want something close to it.

The Party was wonderful, but how often will I wear it?

I also want to get a few more Etat Libre scents. Should I blind buy Like This? Go for a leather one from Etat? Or decide on familiar territory and buy Charogne? I have some samples of this house so no surprises there.

There is just too much choice it seems and I've been wondering about this for weeks now.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Default Re: Help me decide on a perfume, for me

Coromandel by Chanel

Hillaire

I'd say get The Party.

Basenotes Institution

I second The Party !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Just get the damn Yatagan.
    Last edited by PigeonMurderer; 7th October 2010 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Ingólfur Arnarson

I say get one you LOVE, don't make a compromise. Ergo, if you are in doubt about one, it's not the one you should be buying. And I would very much advise against a blind buy (especially in this price range).

Basenotes Plus

Are you referring to The Party in Manhattan by The Party? If so, that would be a good choice, it's a very beautiful and classy scent. The Garden Party florals are pretty nice too, I've tried Frangipane and Wistaria, so far. It might be a good idea to get a sample of The Party in Manhattan and wear it for a few days, to make sure it's something you want to spend $275 on. Good luck deciding, it's a wonderful problem to have .

How fun! Lian, it sounds like Tabac Blond and the ELDOs are fumes you're most likely to get a lot of wear out of from your list. I vote for Tabac Blond, but make sure you smell it in its current formulation before you pull the trigger. I love it to pieces but it is apparently wa-a-a-ay different than the original.