Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: I bought it blind yesterday..

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond Hume View Post
    Bummer, the SA didn't want to exchange my bottle of PM for another fragrance.
    She said the reason was because the packaging was opened..
    Weird, because at the end of the purchase receipt is written that you can exchange your purchases in the first 15 days after purchase.

Ah well, maybe I start liking it more after giving it another try
    Yeah since it has been opened department stores normally won't take it back. Don't worry though, if you don't like it after a few more wearings post it up on the marketplace. It should go pretty quickly as long as you don't try to sell it for a crazy amount, or just find a good swap deal. I am the last person to trust buying and selling online but I gave it a shot on this site and so far everyone on this site is 100% honest. Couldn't ask for a better community, it seems more about helping each other out than making a quick buck, which is awesome.

I succeeded to convince the store to replace my bottle of Pure Malt after all and I decided to replace it with...

Le Māle

Am I crazy?
    Acqua di Giņ is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

So I'm guessing it didn't grow on you?

Quote Originally Posted by Sub Zero View Post
    So I'm guessing it didn't grow on you?
    I have been reasonably fair towards the store, meaning that I didn't retry it. But smelling my sample card that was still laying around here, I must say that I enjoyed the drydown more and more. I like A*Men Pure Malt better than it's big brother.

Le Māle is the first fragrance that opened my eyes and really wowed me when I started sniffing colognes for the first time in a store. I never bought it before because it was too popular but I always found that not having Le Māle was a gap that needed to be filled. I hope I enjoy it without having to worry smelling like every other guy but I'll probably wear wear it mostly in freezing cold weather with only one spray to the chest.
    Acqua di Giņ is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

I got into colognes this summer and pure malt was the first cologne I bought and it was a blind buy thanks to CutlassSupreme and my first experience with it was dissapointing! I was like WTF!? Anyways, 20 samples later from different colognes trying to find me a signature scent and I tried creed mi, 1 million, varvatos, dior homme intense, body kouros, a*men, musc ravageur and many more .. AND I have to say that after all of those scents and not smelling Pure Malt for a month and a half, going back to it one day just to smell it again I was like HOLY ****! I LOVED IT! I couldn't stop smelling it all night! I even sprayed it on my wrist that night just so I could smell it in my sleep lol! Anyways now I need a new bottle! but Im scared the new one will not smell like my bottle!

i prefer Le Male over Pure Malt!

i hate le male.... ugh... terrible decision imo, but it's your choice, not mine, so hey.

I bought my PM from beauty encouter two months before the re-release for a 100 bucks and it's awesome! Anyways, I want to get another bottle but I dont wan't to buy a new one (re-released) after what I have been reading about them ..so I went to the beautyencounter website and they are still selling theirs for a $100 even after the rerelease! Mine came packaged with the plastic wrapper and also had all the little books inside.. I could tell it was new. I think I'm going to find out what batch they have and if it's around the same serial numbers as the one they sent me the first time I'm gonna go for it! Mine stays smokey for a long long time I love it! I havent worn it out yet Ive just tried it at home and WOW!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond Hume View Post
    I have been reasonably fair towards the store, meaning that I didn't retry it. But smelling my sample card that was still laying around here, I must say that I enjoyed the drydown more and more. I like A*Men Pure Malt better than it's big brother.

Le Māle is the first fragrance that opened my eyes and really wowed me when I started sniffing colognes for the first time in a store. I never bought it before because it was too popular but I always found that not having Le Māle was a gap that needed to be filled. I hope I enjoy it without having to worry smelling like every other guy but I'll probably wear wear it mostly in freezing cold weather with only one spray to the chest.
    If I was the SA I wouldn't let you do that lol.

In all seriousness, Le Male is a good fragrance, its really fallen from grace for me though. I used to love it, but i got bored with it for whatever reason. I'm not big into powdery florals, and the sweetness of the vanilla compensated for that, but now I've found more stuff that is sweeter (1 Million really is the reason i stopped using it).

Don't worry about smelling like every other guy either. I don't think i've ever smelled it on anyone before haha

Damn, i love Pure Malt so much

My sentiments exactly. Pure Malt & Musc Ravageur are the two most overrated fragrances on basenotes. Both unimpressive.

LOL,
    The receipt clearly states the policy of the store here in the US. I would just ask for an SA that went to kindergarten.
    [QUOTE=Neurosis;1958765]If I was the SA I wouldn't let you do that lol.
    I post lots from my I phone so if this looks like a text message that's why ( :

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    If I was the SA I wouldn't let you do that lol.
    LOL,
    The receipt clearly states the policy of the store here in the US. I would just ask for an SA that went to kindergarten

I have learned to keep the box (tried to return habit rouge) not just the receipt. It cost me a little because I didn't read the policy first .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    LOL,
    The receipt clearly states the policy of the store here in the US. I would just ask for an SA that went to kindergarten
    I meant that I'd tell you to try to let it grow on you, not that i literally wouldnt LET him haha. I'm honestly surprised he had to convince the store to let him return it...

And i just realized something ironic. I once bought a 4.2oz of Le Male and returned it for the cash...which I used to buy Pure Malt lol

same happens me too..i“ll returned the bottle immediately...i am a big a*men fan, i had them all, the coffe scent which don“t impress me too...ice men - its amazing WOW!
    to me the malt one, is totally in the background, nobody think that i have a scent on me, all my friends find this one boring and sweet. when i wear my a*men, i get compliments the whole time, most womans, and the ice men is everybodys darling here in germany... Yes, the B*men isso much better than malt...

to the coffee scent...this scent is also weak, no one says anything when i put it on... but i love coffe scents!! everytime i put on my New Haarlem - everything around me goes crazy and smell the coffee thing, but the angel coffee no comment..

A*Men classic and New Haarlem Bond9 are the best gourmands out there, the rochas smells like the axe dark temptation, hte coffee is down, only sweet musk with subtle choclate...for me a semi gourmand
    scent up your life!