Code of Conduct

Default Aventus vs. Riverside Drive

Hey Guys:

I recently had a chance to sample Riverside Drive and feel it may be one of the most bottleworty niche frags ever. I notice that pineapple also plays an important role in
    Creed Aventus. So, do these two frags have similar vibes?

Default Re: Aventus vs. Riverside Drive

Well I've owned both. I sold my riverside drive after two weeks it just got really boring to me not much variation of scent changes what you sprayed is what it stayed for the most part. Now saying that I still have my aventus after a month and a half and I don't plan on selling it. I don't think I would ever pay retail for it though. I was really lucky and picked this one up from an eBay seller in the UK I payed 130$ so it was a super good deal. In my personal opinion aventus gets better every other day and it just smells of class and I'm gonna try to always keep it in my wardrobe if I can find good deals on it. These two fragrances have quite a few different notes the main one probably being vanilla on the drydown for aventus which is subtle and real nice. Riverside is just ok in my opinion. Who knows I may try to give riverside another chance in the future

Kerosene

The pineapple note in Aventus is so strong it smells like wood to me. And the pineapple note in Riverside is actually pretty toned down. And overall, they are pretty different IMO.

I don't really find them to be similar at all. Not sure which I prefer. I will say that I own Riverside so I guess it will take the nod for now.

I own both, love both. Aventus turns into a heavier, more woody fragrance. Riverside Drive stays on the light side. I prefer Riverside Drive as a warm weather scent. Aventus is more for chilly weather. I'd say there's room in your wardrobe for both. As others have noted here, they're not very similar in the long run.