Code of Conduct

Default wrinkle free creme!

hi all!
    Have you ever tried any wrinkle free creme? Does it work the same it claimed?
    Is this really worth spending so many dollars on a creme?

Default Re: wrinkle free creme!

Anti-wrinkle creams are basically not working and not worth the money. Any good moisturizer is OK, or oil if you're going the oil cleansing way.

Things like botox, fillers and facelifts do work. You really need to spend time finding an excellent practitioner though, unless you want to end up looking like a spitting image puppet.

Besides cosmetics and surgical procedures, it's the same old: eat a nutritious diet (no junk!), get enough sleep, excersice, don't smoke, don't do drugs, don't drink alcohol...

I'm with tott.

Drink plenty of water, get fresh air with a sunscreen if neccessary, and eat wisely.
    Don't smoke. Use moisturiser, especially around the eyes and lips, and get enough sleep.

If you are genetically disposed to lines, keep smiling through them. You are more than the sum of your skin.
    Reformulation without information is fraud. Call the police.

Basenotes Institution

I agree with the above statements but I still subject myself to anti wrinkle creams. Do they work ? - I am still undecided till today though I wonder what my skin would be like minus the anti wrinkle creams .
    Best defense against wrinkles is a good daily moisturiser with a high SPF to protect from the sun. Tinted moisturiser with an SPF of 20 -30 is the easiest route.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Hillaire

Tott is right to some extent. But as someone who has tried a big range of 'ungents', I have found that some really are 'better' than others. And that some also do a pretty good job of improving texture/ plumping the skin. If not eradicating lines magically.

If I had 'my way', I'd buy La Prairie's cellular radiance line exclusively, but their regular cellular line is pretty good, too.

Basenotes Institution

Dr. Perricone - I discovered ...seems pretty good.

I am not sure if wrinkle creams work or not but would like to believe that they do. If I didn't, it would be hard for me to justify spending all the moolah buying Skinceuticals C E Ferulic serum that I use everyday. I am in my mid 30's so wrinkles are not too much of a worry, just yet, but in 10 years time, I would know if this serum was worth it or not.

I also concur with the posters above, that the most important aspect to wrinkle prevention is the use of a good sunscreen.

On another note after watching Katie Puckrik's review of Secretion Magnifique, we should coax her into divulging what does she use for her face. I think her skin looks absolutely amazing.

Basenotes Institution

gupts - re Katie- I totally agree- I have more than once thought- what wonder cream does she use or food does she eat, that she looks so great and youthful !
    I think a simple cleanse, tone and moisturise regime plus SPF works wonders especially if you begin and maintain it from a young age.
    I admit though I do not know if anti wrinkle serums and creams work - I have used some form of it since I was in my late 20s. Kind of an insurance policy .

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

My mom is in her 80s and has spectacular skin, hardly any wrinkles. She didn't smoke, and used sunscreen daily only after moving to Florida 20 years ago. I think it's mostly good genes.

However they say there are creams that if used consistently for several months, to affect the alignment of new cells forming, hence fewer wrinkles. I don't use them so haven't researched this further.

try Avalon Organics CoQ10 Skin Care, this is a great night creme in the wrinkle defense mode, Highly Recommend!

I also forgot to mention that Retinol creams do prevent wrinkling. A good Retinol night cream would be a good idea to use.
    I use Skinceuticals Retinol 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    gupts - re Katie- I totally agree- I have more than once thought- what wonder cream does she use or food does she eat, that she looks so great and youthful !
    I think a simple cleanse, tone and moisturise regime plus SPF works wonders especially if you begin and maintain it from a young age.
    I admit though I do not know if anti wrinkle serums and creams work - I have used some form of it since I was in my late 20s. Kind of an insurance policy .
    Yes Mimi, I would so love to know the secret behind Katie's unbelievably radiant skin :-)
    It can't be just a cream. I think it has to do with a lifestyle too.

There isn't any way to know if these so called 'miracle' creams work or not but what's the harm in using them. Like you said, a good cleaning & moisturising regimen followed for a long time, can make that noticeable difference.

Basenotes Institution

gupts- totally right- it must be Katie's lifestyle ,not just a cream .I think ,as I get older, I will try retinol !
    30 Roses- my late grandmother had the most enviable skin - my Mom and I still talk about her skin till today. She was 97 years old and not a single age /brown spot , very few wrinkles . She only used Oil of Olay ( the pink fluid ) and Pond's Cold cream but she never went in the sun and always wore big sunglasses.

Totally agree with Tott. Anything that comes out of a pot and sold at a counter will not get rid of wrinkles. Find a brand of cream you enjoy using and that is half the battle. Wear a good sun screen.
    DONNA

Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate!! Invest in a good Dermatoligist and get checked every year, skin cancer is nothing to fool around with, use a sunscreen year round, with SPF of 30 or higher. Invest in a good moisturizer, eye creme, and facial scrub, Sheseido makes excellent products, but personal preference is fine. Their are some good drugstore brands out there too. Having a good esthesician and facials occasional is great also to maintain radiant skin.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Klaire View Post
    Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate!! Invest in a good Dermatoligist and get checked every year, skin cancer is nothing to fool around with, use a sunscreen year round, with SPF of 30 or higher. Invest in a good moisturizer, eye creme, and facial scrub, Sheseido makes excellent products, but personal preference is fine. Their are some good drugstore brands out there too. Having a good esthesician and facials occasional is great also to maintain radiant skin.
    Agreed ! Exfoliate !

Thanks a lot guys for lovely skin care tips and product's suggestion. I am noting these down and will decide which one would suit my skin better. thanks

Un profumo affettuoso

Most creams don't do much for your skin... - they simply moisturize.
    Never forget that it's only the top layer of the skin which can be targeted by a cream you can buy without a medical prescription.

You can - to some extent - prevent wrinkles and promote the growth of fresh cells by using a medical cream containing VITAMIN A ACID. (Airol, for example).
    This cream is used for acne-patients - and you cannot get it without a prescription... but it is the only thing which really works (many scientific studies showed a clear effect).
    I never buy the expensive stuff, but have had the chance of sampling numerous "high end products" ... - neither La Prairie nor Kanebo ever helped me to improve my skin-condition.
    Just check out the ingredients... now - did paraffinum liquidum ever prevent wrinkles? Many expensive creams contain cheap ingredients... so cheap that you really wonder why they get away with this! I rather save my money on a wonderful perfume...

I wash my face with Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Cottonseed. A tiny bit lathers up to a terrific amount and is especially good if you are in a hard water area. Your skin won't drag as you try to wash. It really does a great job of softening the skin.

Still got wrinkles, though.
    Reformulation without information is fraud. Call the police.

thanks for the concerned replies.

I have been in the cosmetic industry for about 13 years. In addition, I have worked with several plastic surgeons and dermatologists. The ONLY proven wrinkle reducers are: Retin-A, retinol, glycolic acid (along with various other acids, because they exfoliate, while offering collagen stimulation, and improving elasticity), and a vitamin c serum (works as an anti-oxidant to fight and prevent free radical damage and breakdown of cells). Many creams may claim to have retinol in them, but keep in mind, retinol can ONLY remain potent, if it is in a protected tube (such as an aluminum tube). Once retinol hits air and sunlight, its effects diminish. With that being said, if you are opening a jar morning after morning (even though you should not use retinol in the morning), and night after night, within a small time frame, your moisturizer or cream has lost its effects of being anything more than a basic moisturizer.

Many people say,"Retin-A or any acid irritates my face." Well, this is almost the whole idea, within reason. You cannot get an efficient result, if your skin is not peeling, exfoliating, or rejuvenating. To achieve the most ideal results, we sometimes have to experience "down time". In most cases, this down time does subside, but not always entirely. Do not think that you can ever experience amazing results, without also experiencing a few side-effects.

Banned

Tretinoin, which you can get prescribed by a doctor, works. I swear by it. I mix the Tretinoin cream 50-50 with a moisturizing one.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/84...ream-wrinkles/

I have tried eveything in the hopes that there is an over the counter miracle, but as everyone mentions, it just doesnt exist. One can just use good products to take care of teh skin. Wash, exfoliate, moisturize and use sun block. Like many, I do use Retin A and a high sunblock. Seems to help. I do think that a good quality moisturizer is better than any cheap tube or jar though. For my skin a heavier creme, keeps my skin looking more hydrated throughout the day.

No matter what you do you cannot stop natural aging. A face lift does not make you look younger despite the claims, you look like you had a face lift. Do not forgot about your neck and hands both are a dead give away. Your face can be botox and fillers etc but your neck and hands will give you away. So neck cream not just the front but round the sides and hand cream every time your hands hit water.
    DONNA

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    No matter what you do you cannot stop natural aging. A face lift does not make you look younger despite the claims, you look like you had a face lift. Do not forgot about your neck and hands both are a dead give away. Your face can be botox and fillers etc but your neck and hands will give you away. So neck cream not just the front but round the sides and hand cream every time your hands hit water.
    Yes, yes and yes. How is it possible to give so much TLC to your face, and forget about the neck and hands?
    I agree with what you say, and I would like to add "graceful aging".

I just say Clarins. They have a cream for every need. And they don´t forget the neck, they have special neck-cremes!
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.