Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ambery florals?

Blog Entries

Default Ambery florals?

Further to my earlier thread on amber frags, l'm wondering if anyone can suggest a good ambery floral for me to try? l love florals & amber, so l'd like to see if these two loves could be combined in one frag! l'm looking for something with heady, creamy florals like jasmine or gardenia, & sweet amber with maybe some vanilla, benzoin, tonka or tolu, & perhaps some musk. Nothing sharp or green, & definitely nothing fruity. Suggestions l've had so far;

Alien by Thierry Mugler (tried this today & loved it!)
    Vega by Guerlain
    Oro by Roberto Cavalli
    Dark Amber & Ginger Lily by Jo Malone (sampled this & it didn't grab me)
    Amber Ylang Ylang by Estee Lauder (sniffed it once a while back, must try it again)

l also had a sample of Moonbreath by Ayala Moriel which l loved, but it didn't last long on me, & has now been discontinued. lf l could find one like that with greater longevity l'd be over the moon!

Please can anyone help?
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Default Re: Ambery florals?

Obsession is my favorite with amber & jasmine.
    Paul Sebastian Design & Casual
    Rochas Tocade

Marco da Venezia based in Italy sell 3 perfumes which are flowers/amber mixed called Mare del Sud, Mirra Indiana and Venezia
    Click on the link in red MARCO DA VENEZIA for more information

Ditto for Tocade by Rochas, who no longer offers this fragrance on their website. You can find this "for a song" on the internet. Try to score the pure parfum. It is a simple but beautiful vanilla amber peachy(in a nice way) rose.

Dior's Poison Esprit de Parfum is my holy grail of rich, musky, ambery florals. It's somewhat different from the classic EdT and quite different from the modern formulation. Though it's discontinued, it's not impossible to find - if you'd like a sample, please PM me!

Caron's Acaciosa is another good one; one of my favorites amid the modern urn parfums. Don't be put off by the mention of pineapple; it's really not obvious and in fact, I'd say it's a great deal less fruity than grapey Alien. Once the drydown arrives, it's a heavenly resinous-floral amber with a bit of animal in there.

I could be way off, but there's something about the honeyed-creaminess of Chanel's Beige that strikes me as ambery in a subtle way. It's not a heavy-hitter like some on your list, but it lasts well and I've loved it every time I've worn it.

I'm sure I'll have more to add to this thread as more spring to mind!

So agree with Caron's Acaciosa. No resemblance to any fruity-floral in the mass market.

Now, I have never tried Tolu by Ormande Jayne, but I've read raves about it as an amber fragrance. Maybe someone will check in who has worn Tolu to give a full description.

Teo Cabanel's Alahine
    DK Gold

While EL Amber Ylang Ylang is one of my favourite ambers, the flowers are a very minor player in the mix, so it might disappoint according to your criteria. It is lovely, so do try it if you get a chance.

Guerlain L'Instant fits your description of a creamy, ambery floral to a tee. My favourite is the pure parfum, but the edp is lovely as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Marco da Venezia based in Italy sell 3 perfumes which are flowers/amber mixed called Mare del Sud, Mirra Indiana and Venezia
    Craig, l clicked on the link but the page wouldn't load & my screen froze! l will try googling it.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, you've given me plenty of research to do, cheers!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I love TDC Jasmin de Nuit. The amber is quite obvious in the dry-down to me.

Do you like roses? I recently tried Keiko Mecheri Attar de Roses. It has some nice soft amber in the base.

Jayne Ormonde Tolu is a fascinating, very distinct fragrance, but it does not smell floral to me. The beginning is almost herbacious (it has sage), yet the note is difficult to identify and isolate from the rest of the composition. It's very resinous, and the amber is deep and rich. It's best for the really cold days.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    l found the site using google but there seems to be an error on there. l found some info on another site, all in ltalian. When l translated it using yahoo babelfish, some of the translations were hilarious, one of the notes was listed as "white man". lntriguing!! l do like the sound of the first two you mentioned, they seem to have that tropical vibe l love. Any idea where l can get samples?

The holy trinity of ambery florals IMO are:

31 Rue Cambon
    Attrape Couer
    Promesse de L'aube

Unfortunately these are pricy options and Attrape Couer is discontinued and still literally takes my breath once again. I suggest you try it as there are still bottles available. It does turn into a mossy chypre in the drydown but still retains all the ambery goodness. And it's worth every single itty bitty penny.

Basenotes Plus

Just Me by Montana is a sensous spicy/ floral/ amber under the radar scent, very reasonably priced.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Hey teardrop - I'm so glad you liked Alien! I can't think of another fragrance that's more about jasmine and amber, so I'm glad it's what you were looking for!

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Further to my earlier thread on amber frags, l'm wondering if anyone can suggest a good ambery floral for me to try? l love florals & amber, so l'd like to see if these two loves could be combined in one frag! l'm looking for something with heady, creamy florals like jasmine or gardenia, & sweet amber with maybe some vanilla, benzoin, tonka or tolu, & perhaps some musk. Nothing sharp or green, & definitely nothing fruity.
    You're basically describing orientals, since amber is one of the components, along with vanilla, benzoin, tonka, incense and musks, as well as other resins such as labdanum, that makes an oriental base. Add florals, and you have floral-orientals or florientals, and this is a huge category.

Of course, the degree to which you'll actually get amber from everything will vary, but some of my favorite ambery florientals are -

L'Instant de Guerlain - I must 2nd bubby's rec as this is one of my all time favorites. Magnolia, honey and amber make this incredibly opulent, luxurious and super-feminine.

Guerlain's Samsara - gorgeous jasmine, iris and rose over sandalwood and amber. This is woodier than anything else in this list due to the sandalwood, but to me it's the amber that rounds it out and makes it ultra-posh and opulent.

Hermès Rouge - Dark roses and iris over subtle spices and radiant amber, it's rich and elegant and super-sultry.

Ysatis de Givenchy - this definitely has some fruit in it but it's not at all what I'd call fruity, and it's actually on a chypre base, but I don't find it very green. I think of it as warm and golden. To me it's all about sunny orange blossoms and other luscious, tropical florals over warm amber and vanilla.

Fragonard's Fragonard - more of a straight-forward floral over amber, it has lily, honeysuckle, jasmine, bergamot and amber. Simple and beautiful, this is another one that smells golden, warm and sunny to me.

Calvin Klein's Euphoria - dark, voluptuous florals with amber...again, it has some fruit in it but it's not very fruity to me...of course you might ultimately find it fruity, but I'd recommend you give it a sniff anyway - it's just so velvety, warm and sexy.

Estee Lauder's Spellbound - quite sweet but the amber keeps it warm and mellow, this is all about rich and spicy orange blossoms and carnations over sandalwood, vanilla and of course, amber.

I'll also mention Jean Patou's Sublime because I get lots of amber with the florals and spices, but it's another one with a chypre base, and it can be pretty fresh and green...still, I think you should keep it in mind if you ever happen upon it.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

+1 on the L'instant and Sublime.

Blog Entries

Evangeline, what a list! You were so spot-on with Alien that l'm really sitting up & paying attention now! lt's funny you should mention Sublime; l saw the shower gel in TK Maxx today which has just prompted me to read the reviews; l'm definitely going back for it tomorrow!

Thanks again all of you!

Big 2nd for Evangeline's suggestion of Guerlain Samsara- that is what sprung to mind immediately.

Also maybe:
    Balmain Ambre Gris
    Creed Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie
    Balmain Ivoire
    Jean Desprez Bal a Versailles
    beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

Basenotes Plus

Evangeline, what a list! You were so spot-on with Alien that l'm really sitting up & paying attention now! lt's funny you should mention Sublime; l saw the shower gel in TK Maxx today which has just prompted me to read the reviews; l'm definitely going back for it tomorrow!

Thanks again all of you!
    jeez Louise, TK Maxx gets Jean Patou scents? Our TJ Maxx is overflowing with JLo-types
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

+1 for Alien, Tocade, Euphoria and Just Me. All are lovely and amazing!

Christian Lacroix C'est La Vie is a beautiful example of an amber floral with a little sweetness. It's discontinued now but can still be found online from time to time. A teeny bit goes a long way.

A couple of affordable Avon scents to consider, too: Avon Rare Gold and Avon Chic in Black (which is the same as Avon Little Black Dress if you're in Europe)

Blog Entries

Caron - En Avion is one gorgeous amber floral you may like.

+1 Obsession
    +1 Ivoire
    And a great cheapie with leather and amber combined with florals-Chantilly by Dana,or even the vintage by Houbigant is easy to find online.
    The nose wants what it wants!

I'm also thinking of En Avion in the sense of a timeless classic.

Banned

+1 for Tocade.
    It's that beautiful.

More for this thread! These aren't in the package I sent you, Teardrop, but just because I don't have any on hand.

Tauer Une Rose Chypree. This rose has a gorgeous and rich ambery drydown, and despite the "chypre" designation, I don't smell much of anything chypre-like; this is an ambery-floriental if ever there was one. Quite beautiful.

Serge Lutens Fleurs d'Oranger. Unlike a number of mine and others recommendations here where it's a lot of amber and a bit of floral ( Amber Ylang-Ylang comes to mind! ) This one is a floral with just a touch of warm amber and spiciness in the drydown.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    More for this thread! These aren't in the package I sent you, Teardrop, but just because I don't have any on hand.

Tauer Une Rose Chypree. This rose has a gorgeous and rich ambery drydown, and despite the "chypre" designation, I don't smell much of anything chypre-like; this is an ambery-floriental if ever there was one. Quite beautiful.

Serge Lutens Fleurs d'Oranger. Unlike a number of mine and others recommendations here where it's a lot of amber and a bit of floral ( Amber Ylang-Ylang comes to mind! ) This one is a floral with just a touch of warm amber and spiciness in the drydown.
    Thanks! Une Rose Chypree was recommended to me in another thread, so l will try that one at some point, although l do have bottles of Stella & Rose Absolute by Stella McCartney which satisfy my amber-rose needs for now.
    l have sampled Fleurs d'Oranger & l like it, but Serge's scents seem to have little sillage or longevity on me .
    l'm really craving something with a lot of jasmine in it!

Smile Re: Ambery florals?

l found the site using google but there seems to be an error on there. l found some info on another site, all in ltalian. When l translated it using yahoo babelfish, some of the translations were hilarious, one of the notes was listed as "white man". lntriguing!! l do like the sound of the first two you mentioned, they seem to have that tropical vibe l love. Any idea where l can get samples?
    No problem in Firefox or Explorer at my end with the site.
    The main page is http://www.marcodavenezia.com/ I'll PM you with where you can get samples from

l'm really craving something with a lot of jasmine in it!
    +1 for TM Alien.

Basenotes Plus

Everyone has given you excellent suggestions, especially Evangeline, my list would be nearly identical to hers. A few others not mentioned are:

Jubilation 25 Woman by Amouage- Ylang Ylang and Rose for top notes
    Eau d'Amouage by Amouage- Peony, Magnolia and Ylang Ylang for middle notes
    Grand Amour by Annick Goutal- a very beautiful floral amber musk
    Bellini by Calypso Christiane Celle- amber floral with fruit (has frangipani-always a good thing)
    Ambre Gris by Balmain- tuberose for florals more ambery than floral
    Au Lac Eau d'Italie- Osmanthus, Rose, Jasmine, Water Lily for florals
    Guilty by Gucci- Lilac and Geranium for florals
    Secret Obsession by Calvin Klein- more floral than Obsession
    Obsession Night Woman by Calvin Klein- more floral than Obsession

Oops forgot Prada L'Eau Ambree. Every time I test this one I like it more. Think a bottle is in my future....
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by knit_at_nite View Post
    jeez Louise, TK Maxx gets Jean Patou scents? Our TJ Maxx is overflowing with JLo-types
    Not bad, huh? Thanks to kewart's thread on lmperial Opoponax, l've recently discovered a few gems hiding in there! (l purchased a bottle online for £10, about $14!) I got the Sublime shower gel & also 1000 today for a grand total of £13, about $17-18! l'll be trying these later. See my post in the "spotted at Marshall's..." thread in the male forum if you want to know what else l saw in there...

I am testing a sample of Sublime as I type, and it is de-lish...and if you haven't tried L'Instant, pm me and I'll send you a sample. I fell in love with it right off the bat.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by coopmom View Post
    I am testing a sample of Sublime as I type, and it is de-lish...and if you haven't tried L'Instant, pm me and I'll send you a sample. I fell in love with it right off the bat.
    Thanks coopmom! l'm slowly working my way through the reviews of all the frags suggested here, trying to narrow down the list of ones l'd like to try, & L'lnstant is already on the shortlist!

l've just tried out the Sublime shower gel; of course you don't really get the full development of a scent that way, but l put a little neat on my wrist & let it dry afterwards, & it is very pleasant. l'm getting a warm, golden, honeyed jasmine with a hint of green & some woods, lovely & very luxurious to use!

What about Fiori d'ambra from Profumum Roma. Has the same power like Alien and looks to me , at least, excellent for cold weather or my last winter darling - Ambre Fetiche from Annick Goutale(not so flowery as Fiori d'ambra)

Romeo

Last edited by Romeo; 11th May 2011 at 12:14 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by my horses View Post
    What about Fiori d'ambra from Profumum Roma. Has the same power like Alien and looks to me , at least, excellent for cold weather or my last winter darling - Ambre Fetiche from Annick Goutale(not so flowery as Fiori d'ambra)
    Thanks, l have tried Fiore d'Ambra during my recent amberfest, l didn't find it very floral & preferred it's sister frag Ambra Aurea as an amber frag. l only tested it once though; l will dig out the sample again. l've tried other Goutals & found the longevity quite poor on my skin, plus l've tried a lot of amber frags that l like so much l'm having trouble choosing between them already! l'm now looking for something that combines amber with white florals in a way l like, as well as deciding which of my amber samples is full bottle worthy. lt's quite a task!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo View Post
    Tauer's Une Rose Chyprée and Le Maroc pour elle are both wonderful rose-amber fragrances but Le Maroc pour elle has also a strong jasmine note.
    lnteresting, thanks! Andy Tauer's frags seem to be coming up a lot; l haven't tried any of his yet, so l think l might get a few samples with my next Luckyscent order.

Blog Entries

Having read through pages & pages of reviews, using strict criteria, l have come up with a shortlist of the ones l'd definitely like to try;
    Poison Esprit de Parfum
    Acaciosa
    L'lnstant (samples on the way of these three!)
    Samsara
    Euphoria (should be able to find testers of these in town)
    Jasmin lmperatrice Eugenie (can anyone tell me where l can get a sample of this?)

l'll report back as & when l get to test these. l do think l'm going to purchase a full bottle of Alien whatever happens, but l'm loving the process of researching & testing everything, what fun this journey is!

One more addition to all the wonderful suggestions above: 24, Faubourg

Romeo

Last edited by Romeo; 11th May 2011 at 12:01 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo View Post
    Tauer samples are also available from Nubeso at reasonable prices, in case you are looking for a European store.

http://www.nubeso.de/tauer-perfumes/en
    Thanks Romeo!

Forgot to say l've also ordered samples from Marco da Venezia, thanks to the wonderful Craig!

I don't feel Oro ( not to offend anyone, JMO ) is a floral to me it is all about spice, and what a wonderful spice fragrance it is, one of my favorites. The worst part is it's bottle, tall and slender with a plastic snake on top, Oh well?

Quote Originally Posted by Rizack View Post
    I don't feel Oro ( not to offend anyone, JMO ) is a floral to me it is all about spice, and what a wonderful spice fragrance it is, one of my favorites. The worst part is it's bottle, tall and slender with a plastic snake on top, Oh well?
    No offense taken by me, but I get loads of iris from Oro, so much so that I think of it as an iris fragrance. I get magnolia too - it's subtle but seems to add a dewey creaminess within the warm and ambery spices.

I agree with you about the plastic snake, although I think the bottle itself is pretty cool.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    No offense taken by me, but I get loads of iris from Oro, so much so that I think of it as an iris fragrance. I get magnolia too - it's subtle but seems to add a dewey creaminess within the warm and ambery spices.

I agree with you about the plastic snake, although I think the bottle itself is pretty cool.
    l've spotted Oro on ebay & l'm tempted to go for a blind buy on this one, it does sound good & l think the bottle is really cool!

Tested Euphoria & Samsara in town today; Euphoria was way too berry-fruity for me, & sadly reminded me of Lady Million, just a little creamier. Samsara is gorgeous though; warm, creamy, sultry sandalwood & amber, with the jasmine appearing after about 40 minutes & lasting way into the drydown. Great sillage & it lasted 5-6 hours on me, pretty good for my skin. l'd be tempted if l hadn't already fallen for Alien...

Speaking of which l gave in & bought a FB today! There was a gift set in Boots which included a 30ml bottle, a mini shower gel & body cream, for the same price as the 30ml bottle on it's own, how could l resist? The perfume gods made me do it! l'm still looking forward to trying the others on my list, but l feel like this one is made for me, thanks so much Evangeline!

teardrop - I'm so happy that you've found such a perfect fit with Alien! I get what you're saying about Euphoria - it's certainly not for everyone - but don't disregard Samsara yet. Alien and Samsara are really not at all alike as Samsara's mostly all about that gorgeous sandalwood, as you've discovered. And if you really like it you won't be able to forget it, and I think there might eventually be room for both in your wardrobe!

Blog Entries

teardrop - I'm so happy that you've found such a perfect fit with Alien! I get what you're saying about Euphoria - it's certainly not for everyone - but don't disregard Samsara yet. Alien and Samsara are really not at all alike as Samsara's mostly all about that gorgeous sandalwood, as you've discovered. And if you really like it you won't be able to forget it, and I think there might eventually be room for both in your wardrobe!
    Hee hee, you are so right Evangeline! You know me so well already!

Well what can I say? It's quite apparent that you have excellent taste, and that makes my part fun and easy!

Blog Entries

Well what can I say? It's quite apparent that you have excellent taste, and that makes my part fun and easy!
    Thanks!!

Blog Entries

l've received some samples over the last couple of days, (thanks Suga, coopmom & Craig!) so l'll be posting my impressions here as & when l get to test them.

Started today with Poison Esprit de Parfum; l must admit to feeling a little scared of this one as l remember the '80's all too clearly; women l worked with would cover themselves in the monster-sillage-full EDT after their cigarette breaks & give me a nausea-inducing headache. Anyway l dabbed on a tiny bit & the scent is still instantly recognisable, but it is smoother & easier to take in a small dose. Even then it has huge sillage for the first 3 hours! l get honeyed, dark fruits, very much the "blackberry compote" that Suga describes in his review, & a very heady tuberose. 3 hours in it's calmed down & becomes a little musky, with a subtle suggestion of amber. There's something exotic about this & l don't hate it, but l can't really imagine myself going out wearing this; the old associations are still too strong for me. l do think this has helped me pinpoint where my dislike of berry notes originated though; hence the reason l didn't get on with Euphoria or indeed Lady Million! A worthwhile experience though, & l will keep trying my sample on winter nights in to try to get to know it better.

Versace's Crystal noir is a beautifull ambery gardenia perfume!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Lodge View Post
    Versace's Crystal noir is a beautifull ambery gardenia perfume!
    Hmmm, thanks for the rec Ronnie, & welcome to basenotes! However the reviews describe it as a fruity floral, & l've already expressed my dislike of fruit in a scent. That's what has put me off a few of the suggestions in this thread; any mention of peach, plum or whatever is a deal-breaker for me. Also the floral note seems to be magnolia, not gardenia. l've become very fussy about scents described as "gardenia" because they so rarely smell like the real flower! Now l love real gardenias, but l'm not actually sure their scent would marry well with amber. Jasmine seems to work much better, as in Alien & Samsara, that's a marriage made in heaven! Any more jasmine/amber suggestions would be welcome, but please no more fruit!

Attrape Coeur from Guerlain is a lovely ambery floral , check it out , I think you might love it

JAR Jardenia is the closest thing I know to a true, ambery gardenia. It's a weird one - if you know gardenias, it's the smell of gardenias just as they begin to fade; a sort of buttery-cheesy floral quality, but it also has a slightly ambery feel in the drydown ( perhaps the tiniest bit of labdanum? )

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    JAR Jardenia is the closest thing I know to a true, ambery gardenia. It's a weird one - if you know gardenias, it's the smell of gardenias just as they begin to fade; a sort of buttery-cheesy floral quality, but it also has a slightly ambery feel in the drydown ( perhaps the tiniest bit of labdanum? )
    Actually Jardenia has been on my test list since l read your review on Il Mondo di Odore, Suga! lt sounds like something l would love, especially as l seem to be one of the few who don't get the blue cheese note in Velvet Gardenia! Outrageously expensive, though, & l'm already lemming for a bottle of VC&A Gardenia Petale...

Blog Entries

Sampling L'lnstant today; l get a fleeting, sharp mandarin note in the opening, then it quickly smooths out into honeyed lily & magnolia. The sillage is soft on me but there's something slightly cloying in there, is there mimosa in this? Suddenly after about 20 minutes there's a rich, sweet amber which is quite a surprise to me. l like it, but this has to be the fastest drydown l've come across! Overall l think this is a nice amber-floral which l would feel comfortable wearing for work, or in any situation where a subtle scent is needed, & l wouldn't mind keeping this in my bag to re-apply through the day.

Wow - love it or hate it, I don't think I've ever known anyone to describe L'Instant as subtle! I might have already mentioned this once or twice before (ha!), but I worship and adore it and I think however you need to apply and reapply to make it work for you is completely worth it. I don't think there's mimosa in it (I can be a bit sensitive to mimosa/polleny fragrances, but that's certainly no guarantee of its absence) but the thick and mellow honey is rather prominent, especially in the edp, so maybe that's what you're finding cloying. Are you sampling the edt or the edp?

Blog Entries

Wow - love it or hate it, I don't think I've ever known anyone to describe L'Instant as subtle! I might have already mentioned this once or twice before (ha!), but I worship and adore it and I think however you need to apply and reapply to make it work for you is completely worth it. I don't think there's mimosa in it (I can be a bit sensitive to mimosa/polleny fragrances, but that's certainly no guarantee of its absence) but the thick and mellow honey is rather prominent, especially in the edp, so maybe that's what you're finding cloying. Are you sampling the edt or the edp?
    EDP. I do think the temperature affects the subtlety or otherwise, certainly to my nose. The weather's turned very cold here now, but l think on a hot day this scent probably wouldn't be quite so subtle!

Evangeline & Teardrop- I think L'Instant must have musks in it because there are times when I can barely smell it...
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

I would have never thought of it as musky, but I have seen musk listed in the notes. I didn't realize that it might have a dampening effect on the rest of the composition though. Has that been your experience with other fragrances that contain musks?

Blog Entries

Testing Acaciosa today; the opening is a warm, smooth, creamy floral, with a syrupy sweetness which l guess is the "candied pineapple" mentioned in reviews, although l wouldn't have identified it otherwise. As it develops the florals become more prominent, honeyed & slightly powdery, & l begin to pick out jasmine & lily of the valley; the rose is very subdued on me. After 40 minutes it morphs into a clean, soapy white floral, & l rather like this stage. 2 hours in there's a soft, woodsy amber & the sweetness creeps back in, but still warm & creamy. The sillage is good, & 3-4 hours in it's still going strong. l rather like this & l may get a decant so l can spend more time with it.

Blog Entries

Sorry to keep resurrecting this thread; is anyone still reading this?! l just enjoy posting my impressions, & maybe it'll help someone out there who might be looking for something similar?

Anyway, Acaciosa lasted an astonishing 10 hours on me; only Magie Noire has ever managed to outperform it on my skin, very impressive!

Testing Estee Lauder Amber Ylang Ylang today, from a mini l got off ebay; well, l KNEW l would love this one, a FB is definitely in my future! The first few seconds are a little sharp (aldehydic?) on me, but it quickly smooths out into a warm, soft amber with a sweet, creamy floral note. After about 30 minutes there's subtle wood & incense... The sillage is soft, it feels both sexy & comforting, yet classy at the same time. l can imagine this being suitable for work, as a comfort scent, & for an intimate evening out. l don't think l've thought that about any scent until now! Right now l'm 2 hours in & it's still going strong, & l can't stop sniffing my arm....mmmmmmm.....