Code of Conduct

Default L'Artisan Vanilia Extreme, not available outside Paris?

I tried this L'Artisan at the airport in Paris last week and brought a saturated test strip of it home. It is not an extreme version of their original Vanilia, but rather a striped down and amped up version of the vanilla base of Havana Vanille. I've tried searching for this at Lucky Scent and on the L'Artisan website without any luck. Anyone out there have any info on this? Is it a new release or a discontinued one?
    Thanks in advance.

Default Re: L'Artisan Vanilia Extreme, not available outside Paris?

Vanilia is discontinued...

Quote Originally Posted by Mon-Petit View Post
    Vanilia is discontinued...
    So is reading a thread before posting in it, apparently.
    Spray it, donít say itÖ
    WARDROBE

Vanilia extreme is an extreme flanker like others in this house. If the original is discontinued, the extreme too.

Okay, interesting, given Kevin's description of it as a relative of Havana Vanille rather than Vanilia. Perhaps HV is more closely related to the original Vanilia than I suspected...
    Spray it, donít say itÖ
    WARDROBE

There's a shop in Charles de Gaulle airport that isn't a Duty Free, but sells artisanal French products, they carry the L'Artisan range and had a Vanille Extreme tester out. I have never seen this one before. I sprayed it on a test strip and found it to be much closer to Havana Vanille than their Vanilia. I have never, over the years, seen a Vanille Extreme on the shelves of any US retailer that carry L'Artisan. I really liked it and should have bought the bottle on the spot - now it's going to haunt me forever.

Basenotes Institution

I saw Vanilia Extreme in a shop in Stockholm, back in 2008. I steered clear of it, as I really detested Vanilia and found it really too sweet for me to enjoy. The fact that there was a Vanilia Extreme sort of scared me, it's almost like seeing a bottle of A*Men Extreme. Now I wish I would have tried it, as I love the base notes of Havana Vanille.

Wow this is weird. I've never even heard of this. I guess it shouldn't come as much of a surprise from L'artisan as I previously never heard of Mure de Musc EDC, and lo and behold they still sell it in the Dubai boutique. You've officially peaked my interest! Although I've tried Havane Vanille, I couldn't get to the drydown as I hated it!