Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: How many perfumes?

I have 15 mostly Creeds and 4 decants. My Golden Rule is not to go over 20. If I find something else that I like I will give up on something that I have.
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Naitch View Post
    The fact you're asking the question shows that you know it's getting out of hand. There's some folks here who are going to tell it's alright to own a 1,000 bottles or 10,000 bottles, no big deal as long as it's a "hobby" or as long as you have the money. And yes, some people here have fragrances numbering in the hundreds.

I'm going to be honest with you. IMO 173 bottles of fragrance is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many! Most of them will never get finished, sit for years and then get stale. You acknowledge that you've only worn some of them ONCE. Sometimes certain hobbies can turn into an obsession and before you know it, you wasted hundreds (or in this case, maybe thousands) of dollars. Think about it. You've spent thousands of dollars on cologne that you won't even use. Even if you're rich, seems like a waste of money. Hobby or not. BTW, in some hobbies a collection lasts a lifetime. That is not so with fragrance, despite what I've read in some posts around here.

Why not keep the best 25 of those, and sell the rest? Then when you have a few that run out, go buy some more. That gives you something to keep looking forward to. Better yet, do what I do on occasion. Give some to your friends or family when you get tired of something or it's near the end of it's shelf life. It's fun to see the look on somebody's face when you give them a nice gift like that.
    I have to agree, if you dont put give the unused bottles a chance in the rotation then its a waste.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jingles View Post
    This is my little hobby and more on the way & I have no shame in saying it is an obsession and I have more in the bathrooms and kitchen and in my bag .
    What a gorgeous display!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tiberije View Post
    I have 15 mostly Creeds and 4 decants. My Golden Rule is not to go over 20. If I find something else that I like I will give up on something that I have.
    I was trying to set it at 10 but I broke that and now have 11. Just started getting into selling and swapping, but I'm going to try really hard to have self-control like yours lol.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    I`m quite satisfied with my 15...
    As am I. Well, more like 16 or 17. But who's counting?

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    365 Days a Year \ 200 Fragrances = Not a lot of wearings.
    365 Days a Year \ 200 Fragrances = 165 to go.
    For those about to stink, I salute you!

Basenotes Member

I have approx 14-15....and for me thats enough. I am not a collector or hoarder, I plan to use all the perfumes I have.....and 15 will take some getting through without needing to buy more. most of my bottles are 100ml & 50ml, I dont have any sample sizes, so its gonna be a while before I really need any more..... there is just 2-3 I would really like to own, but I wont rush to buy them....