Code of Conduct

Default TORONTO/GTA Basenotes meetup #3!!! Saturday Nov 20th - Be There!

-
    Wow, my 1000th post! This’ll be worthwhile:

Hey Everyone! You've probably got a PM about the THIRD Toronto Meetup, but just incase, here's the info below...

As has now become somewhat of a tradition, the scent-heads of Toronto are having another meetup and snifferoo and, of course, you're invited! I’ve spoken with a local boutique here and they are happy to host us, again - details for the meetup are below. So come on out and put some faces to the screen-names! For those of you who messaged to say that you would have liked to but couldn't make it out (sorry about the short notice last time), here's your chance.

If possible, please RSVP by posting here or through PM just to let us know if you think you’ll be there so we can get a sense of headcount for refreshment/food purposes.

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing you there!
    M.C.

Details
    Date: Saturday November 20th, 2010
    Location: Noor Boutique, 176 Cumberland St (Yorkville - MAP), 416-928-0700 (http://noorboutique.com/). Nahla and Fred are the friendly owners
    Time: Around 12pm/Noon to about 3:30 or so, but drop by any time. We may move around the area to some other locations at some point. Let’s see how things go and decide at the time.
    To Bring: Yourself, significant others, samples/decants/bottles to share/trade (it might be nice to do a sample/decant/bottle swap while we’re there plus try some new things), an open mind, any industry books or magazines, business cards, etc

the Noor people are ok with everyone bringing samples and sniffing and swapping, as long as they can get in on the action too!

-
    PS - I have no official affiliation with these guys at Noor other than being a customer of theirs. They're just gracious enough to host us.
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 27th October 2010 at 05:40 PM.

Default Re: TORONTO/GTA Basenotes meetup #3!!! Saturday Nov 20th - Be There!

Count me in, I know their new addition of Heeley will be there, except in the uneventful snow storm. If my osmanthus is in bloom, I will bring it for sampling.
    Catnip

NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I'll try to be there! I'm really excited about meeting some other scent-heads. I may have a coupe of FB to trade as well, and lots of samples.

I'll try and swing by.

Bump reminder!!!

PS - Looking forward to meeting you two ^^^ :-)

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

How often do you guys meet up? I just found this thread haha, im interested in meeting some BN'ers. I have a small but ever growing collection and would love to get any info!

Hey Mr. Picke. This is the third official gathering we've done and I've generally planned around 2-3 per year (although anyone's free to take the initiative and organize something). I think it's about often enough that we have some sense of community but also far enough away that there's new info, industry changes, new releases, more partial samples to trade, news to discuss, new babies, etc so things never get boring. I'm thinking the next one will probably be in the spring or so. I'll add you to the PM list so you're in the loop.

on a personal note I often spend a little time on the weekends sniffing around town and chatting up SA's so if anyone's around and wants to meet up just drop me a PM.

Hi there!
    I will be relocating to Toronto for 5 months and I would like to be informed about a forthcoming Basenotes meetup.
    Please drop me a message when and if you can.
    Thank you!
    Kind regards!
    Michail