Code of Conduct

Default I Have (and like a lot) La Nuit deL'Homme, you recommend me to get L'Homme?

I Already have a bottle of La Nuit deL'Homme, one of my Top5.
    Its recommended to get original L'Homme too?

Default Re: I Have (and like a lot) La Nuit deL'Homme, you recommend me to get L'Homme?

I believe that the original is less sweet than La Nuit. I think they make a good daytime/evening pair myself. I can't see you going too wrong with L'Homme.

Default Re: I Have (and like a lot) La Nuit deL'Homme, you recommend me to get L'Homme?

i prefer la nuit and although l'homme is nice, i would say la nuit is better and dont waste your money

I wish I could say yes, but L'Homme is soooooo much weaker than La Nuit. I love the fragrance itself, but it's gone in an hour. With La Nuit, it's the exact opposite. It smells great AND last for hours.

No, L'Homme is not only weaker, but almost entirely different. Fresh fragrance with a little of sweetness and depth.

No! La Nuit is so much better than its original, which is fresh and has no character.

I own both. I wear lhomme for daytime and can easily transition to la nuit for nighttime

Quote Originally Posted by Captcrunch View Post
    I own both. I wear lhomme for daytime and can easily transition to la nuit for nighttime
    I'd say yes for this purpose.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

I'm surprised at the number oh people that like La Nuit compared to the L'Homme fans. I think L'homme is a really solid fragrance. Not too intricate, but a simple and fresh fragrance.

Thumbs up Re: I Have (and like a lot) La Nuit deL'Homme, you recommend me to get L'Homme?

Better than LA NUIT DE L'HOMME is the pure perfume issue, LE PARFUM

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

I don't like La Nuit but love L'Homme
    Acqua di Giò is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

If you really like La Nuit and want a less sweet and more fresh version I'd say for for it.

As everyone says L' Homme for day and La Nuit for night.. To me La Nuit is just L'Homme with an almost slightly musk-ish sweetness added. I can wear L'Homme then add La Nuit later and they wont conflict at all since they seem to be the same base. (Some people claim other wise and don't smell a parallel to the two; get a sample and judge for your self.)

I did the same thing you did.. had a bottle of La Nuit first and enjoyed it. Was turned off to trying L'Homme due to the bad rep it seems to have here and me being a YSL classic fan. Got a L' Homme sample and started enjoying it more and more until a full bottle purchase. Yes its very safe and fresh but its well put together I feel.

I think getting l'homme would be a bit of a waste - its a pleasant fragrance but forgettable (partially because it lasts about a fiver on the skin), but La Nuit is quite a bit better.

I would diversify instead.

If I were you I would get L'homme. I started out with La Nuit de L'homme and a few months later added L'homme. I have been very happy with this. L'homme is different enough, but still similar enough. I tend to wear L'homme to work and during the day on the weekends as it is appropriate for ALL occasions. But if I go out after work I put on LNdL over the L'homme and it works great.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

I would say probably no. Nuit is better...Getting the original would be redundant.

Why dont you just go and sample it? But yes, I recommend it.

I like 'em both and have 'em both. I even went out and bought the prestige edition of L'Homme with the Jean Nouvel designed bottle. I'll get the Parfum when it becomes available. This one is pleasing to the masses and also pleasing to my nostrils.

Yes, I think you should get L'Homme. I like it much more than La Nuit.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I say get L'Homme. They are completely different. L'Homme was & still is one of my favorite scents. It is a safe scent, maybe a go to scent when you just don't know what to wear. It can be worn spring, summer, fall, winter. La Nuit is completely different, sweet & spicey yet safe also. La Nuit can be worn fall, winter & spring...maybe even summer. I love La Nuit but, no collection is complete without the original L'Homme.

Get em both! They are awesome scents and you will be happy they are both in your collection.

i have and absolutely adore both.

I also suggest getting L'Homme. Got La Nuit first, then added L'Homme.

i think its the perfect day/night combination. put l'homme on during the day, go to work or school or watever u have, and then when ur ready to go out for the night, whip out the la nuit.

Thanks for all the reply guys.
    Im very very near to get a Lhomme, but the replies telling thats weak made me afraid.
    I really enjoy long-lasting and good silage scents. I prefer a long laster than other with a little better construction but shorter lasting.
    If you can tell me how much average time is the lasting for Lhomme i will be glad!

La Nuit do the work for more than 5 hours on me, wich i think was good, not much scents lasts well on me!

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Thanks for all the reply guys.
    Im very very near to get a Lhomme, but the replies telling thats weak made me afraid.
    I really enjoy long-lasting and good silage scents. I prefer a long laster than other with a little better construction but shorter lasting.
    If you can tell me how much average time is the lasting for Lhomme i will be glad!

La Nuit do the work for more than 5 hours on me, wich i think was good, not much scents lasts well on me!
    I owned L'Homme for a few months and it's shelf life was one of the shortest of anything I have ever had. Mainly because you had to treat it like a body spray to get it to last even 2 hours. I started out really liking it but this became very annoying over time. When the bottle ran out I was actually glad so I could have an excuse to buy something else (which ended up being Chanel PMC, a "fresh" frag that will last). La Nuit was a surprise because although named after L'homme, it is so much more complex & rich. It's a different fragrance and bears little resemblance to it's older brother. Reason some people can layer the two is that L'Homme has evaporated by the time you apply La Nuit!

BTW seems there are more fans of L'Homme than there used to be. A year ago people on the boards hated on it so much it was a recreation. Now there are enough for a fan club. Go figure.