Code of Conduct

Default Has anyone tried "Power" by 50 cent?

I know its a celeb fragrance, but ive actually heard its alot better and different then all the other ones. Like the quality, ect. There alot of em at Marshalls for cheap. Anyone tried it? thoughts?

Default Re: Has anyone tried "Power" by 50 cent?

yeah i thought this would be a dumb question to post in here lol

Sur la Plage

I tried it, but have blocked the memory from mind. I personally would never purchase anything associated with this individual.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

it starts like a greener, more masculine Givenchy Play, but then quickly morphs into insanely sweet fruity bubblegum.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/238...n-of-The-Mill-!

it smells like shit

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    it smells like shit
    why so nice?

Quote Originally Posted by archelon View Post
    why so nice?
    I am in a nice mood today, I can get worse but we will not go there.

it smells like shit
    Like a messy diper ....? LOL

I heard it smells like Dunhill Desire. If that's the case, than count me out!

it smells like shit
    Guava Bubble gum and strawberry kool-aid, flanked by a few masculine synthetic notes, smells wholeheartedly better than defecation. But I share your underlying assertion.

Basenotes Plus

Thankfully not - I imagine it is about as good as the music.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I tried it, but have blocked the memory from mind. I personally would never purchase anything associated with this individual.
    Ditto.
    Except for the trying it part.

I would not spend a dime supporting that ignorant, illiterate and talentless piece of human excrement. Even if everyone said it was the most amazing scent launched in a very long time, I wouldn't even try it.

Oh yeah. I wish that dirty scumbag lil wayne (I refuse to capitalize these so called "artists" names) would stay in prison and become the plaything of some huge 6'5 guy!
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Guava Bubble gum and strawberry kool-aid, flanked by a few masculine synthetic notes, smells wholeheartedly better than defecation. But I share your underlying assertion.
    lmao love the detailed response

is it really worse then other celeb scents? such as usher and 9ix?

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    is it really worse then other celeb scents? such as usher and 9ix?
    it is up there, i would say it is one of the worst ever.

I'll be contrary and say that I absolutely love Power. It's a wonderfully versatile scent that's never too heavy, but has a commanding presence. It's great in any situation, and would be an amazing signature scent.
    I refuse to sink.

This.

lol @ it smelling like kool-aid. Ive never smelled/tested/owned a single celeb frag.

..Don't need to double post but I don't understand how some phony punk ass like 'Fiddy' gets his name slapped on a piece of clothing or fragrance. His name would be better suited on a toilet plunger.

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
    Ditto.

I would not spend a dime supporting that ignorant, illiterate and talentless piece of human excrement. Even if everyone said it was the most amazing scent launched in a very long time, I wouldn't even try it.

Oh yeah. I wish that dirty scumbag lil wayne (I refuse to capitalize these so called "artists" names) would stay in prison and become the plaything of some huge 6'5 guy!
    Now now, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Like so many of the "celebrities" who have stunk-up the mass market perfume counters lately, he is the last person I'd want to associate myself with. Even if I loved the smell (fat chance) I wouldn't wear it on principle. Same goes for Usher or skank queen Mariah Carey.

I personally would never purchase anything associated with this individual.
    This indeed

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Now now, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.
    LOL

I never was into rap that much.
    Ice-T and Cypress Hill were good though.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Tried it today. Like many have said in another thread, Power is reminiscent of some 80s powerhouses - smells like them but doesn't last like them. Personally it reminded me of Cerruti 1881 and maybe Grey Flannel. I do applaud it for not being run of the mill, but I must also say I don't really like the scent. There's a lingering harsh note that is off-putting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
    Ditto.

Damn, so much hate for 50?

I dont care if your a hip hop fan or not i respect what he does. I doubt that hes an illiterate and talentless peice of crap. His talent is making money and he does a damn good job of it. People hate on everything nowadays and it drives me sick

Actually, not to turn this topic into hatin' on 50 cent or anything, but he recently posted a tweet that said something to the effect of "If you are over 25 years old and don't eat pu**y, then you should go and kill youself" right after the string of gay suicides. Kind of disgusting if you ask me. Anyway obviously that doesn't have ANYTHING to do with his scent, but I probably wouldn't try it after reading that anyway... :/
    I'm not your toy.

Basenotes Institution

+1. I made a special effort to try it and it was not worth it. I literally have blocked the scent memory out.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.