Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Guerlain Apres L'Ondee extrait

I've done a bit of sifting through old threads for reactions to Apres L'Ondee in extrait form, but info is rather scttered.

I'd love to hear what those of you have to say about the pure parfum. I've only a modern EDT sample in my possesion, and enjoy it, but it doesn't blow my socks off in the same way as lets say Vol de Nuit or Coque d'Or does. I suspect I am anosmic to true violets, (my wife loves to pluck one from the roadside and watch me inhale madly to no avail), but the EDT is really very fleeting on me.
    I have the opportunity to purchase a sealed 30ml extrait and am in two minds. Does anyone know what these go for these days? I *think* the seller's asking price is fair, but as I don't find any online right now to compare prices with, I would love it if others can weigh in as well.

Is the EDT a far cry from the extrait?

Thank you!

Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 7th October 2010 at 08:03 AM.

Default Re: Guerlain Apres L'Ondee extrait

I wish I could own one, and there's an Argentinian seller offering a near-empty bottle like the above(I estimate about 7-10ml of the original contents are left) for $100.

Another seller offered a larger-looking bottle with about 7 ml of darker juice(no label)with a starting bid of about $100(The auction has ended)

I've just secured my current 'holy grail' of a 3/4 full 350ml Lalique blue enamel star studded Dans la Nuit perfume bottle for $200 , so I think I'll be stopping my impulse purchases for now.

Also paid for this baby: this morning, so I'm a bit leery of spending more~!

I know it's OT, but how does the juice in this bottle smell btw? I read somewhere it's more of a skin scent...
    Last edited by domperrier; 7th October 2010 at 08:30 AM.

Well, I followed an ebay auction lately... well, I could tell you what price the 8ml in gold bottle and box or whatever (I am only interested in fragrances) went for, if you wanted to know.
    Eventually, I have two tiny samples of the extrait coming my way very soon.

I don't like the EdT at all. Apres L'Ondee is a little like Jicky in that I don't warm to its lighter formulations, not even a little. I get zilch on longevity too.

The extrait... Well, the extrait is something special for me. It's a rich yet very subtle and cool-smelling creature, still quite delicate, but long-lasting at the same time. The main note is somewhere in between violet and iris to my nose; it's anisic, faintly mossy, kind of creamy-yet-ethereal in a way that's quite special.

Even in extrait form is underpowered for my tastes, but it makes up for it with nuance and content. I had a small sample that I miss terribly, but what is perfume if not there to be worn and enjoyed? It's long gone now, and there are too many other loves to justify the price.

Quote Originally Posted by domperrier View Post

I know it's OT, but how does the juice in this bottle smell btw? I read somewhere it's more of a skin scent...
    Would you be so kind as to create a new thread about Rue de la Paix, dom? It is off topic, though I do appreciate your initial response re: Apres L'Ondee pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    Well, I followed an ebay auction lately... well, I could tell you what price the 8ml in gold bottle and box or whatever (I am only interested in fragrances) went for, if you wanted to know.
    Eventually, I have two tiny samples of the extrait coming my way very soon.
    That would be helpful, thank you Larimar... I would be pleased to know.
    I'd love also to hear your reactions to the extrait sample when you've had the chance to sniff it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    I don't like the EdT at all. Apres L'Ondee is a little like Jicky in that I don't warm to its lighter formulations, not even a little. I get zilch on longevity too.

The extrait... Well, the extrait is something special for me. It's a rich yet very subtle and cool-smelling creature, still quite delicate, but long-lasting at the same time. The main note is somewhere in between violet and iris to my nose; it's anisic, faintly mossy, kind of creamy-yet-ethereal in a way that's quite special.

Even in extrait form is underpowered for my tastes, but it makes up for it with nuance and content. I had a small sample that I miss terribly, but what is perfume if not there to be worn and enjoyed? It's long gone now, and there are too many other loves to justify the price.
    Well this sounds promising then! I know how modern Guerlain EDT formulations sometimes dont even come close to some of the extraits, and this is the kind of response i was hoping to hear. I do enjoy the EDT, but if the extrait has more nuance and content, then I imagine I would enjoy it a lot. How was its persistence on your skin sugarandaraja?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    Well this sounds promising then! I know how modern Guerlain EDT formulations sometimes dont even come close to some of the extraits, and this is the kind of response i was hoping to hear. I do enjoy the EDT, but if the extrait has more nuance and content, then I imagine I would enjoy it a lot. How was its persistence on your skin sugarandaraja?
    Definitely a your-skin-may vary thing, but I'd say six to eight hours is "standard" longevity on me, and L'Apres comes in at about five to six. There's a certain Guerlain thickness to the scent compared with the EdT; a step closer to L'Heure Bleu, though still quite different from that fragrance.

If you're familiar with a certain "feel" that all-natural perfumes have in terms of sillage, I'd say that L'Apres has that kind of strength, though more transparency than most natural perfumes usually have.

Mmmm! I think I see where you're heading with the 'step in the direction of L'heure Bleue' there... and I like it.
    All natural perfumes do have a distinctive feel about them, also so this gives me a good idea. Thanks for your insights, A!

To my nose the extrait is less "iris root" than the edt (before 2008 reformulation with black and gold box...not the insipid new!), more sweet (the gerlinade is more present to my nose). And the longevity is better on me with the edt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon-Petit View Post
    the longevity is better on me with the edt.
    This fascinates me! The EDT lasts no more than 2-3 hours on my skin.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

It's hard to determine value when there is so little of an item on the market. I was pretty shocked at TPC's prices-- $19.99 for 1/4 ml?! $4499 for 2 oz. left in a 4 oz. bottle?! (Granted they are always expensive, but still....)

This fascinates me! The EDT lasts no more than 2-3 hours on my skin.
    I think the point (on my skin) is that it does last a long time, but gets very quiet after 2 hours maximum.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Okay, an auction on eBay that ended recently had 8 ml going for £510 -- pretty fancy bottle though:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GUERLAIN-APRES-L...#ht_786wt_1141

Thanks 30 Roses ... that auction is one that Larimar pointed out to me via PM a little earlier. 510 GBP is a colossal result! I don't know if I would have paid that much for it.

Basenotes Institution

I sort of fell for Apres l'Ondee a couple of years ago, when all of a sudden I instantly 'got' the heliotrope note. Someone had gifted Ray and I some Almond scented luxurious bath gel, I swear this stuff smelled magical. It was soon after I went quickly through the entire bottle of bath gel that I received a sample of Apres l'Ondee and immediately I got the almond/heliotrope/iris/violet accord that everyone raves about. It really felt special, simply because it rides that thin line between a very delicate scent and a rich, French fragrance.

Another nice surprise with this one is that Ray absolutely fell in love with this, and I am pretty sure now he wears it more than I do. Ever so often he'll come out of the bedroom after a shower and I'll get a whiff of this in the hallway. It always sort of grips me in it's spell - it's such a bittersweet smell, with just that wonderful bit of melancholic texture that certain Guerlains achieve. My favorite time to wear it is after a shower, at home, in my pajamas. Wearing it to the office or out of the house sort of feels like I'm wearing big, pink, fuzzy slippers.

I was able to test the parfum once, about a year ago. The first time I wore it, I didn't apply enough and I could hardly smell anything - it is VERY subtle. But then I put it away and wore it later on and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I must agree with Mon Petit's comments:
    'the extrait is less "iris root" than the edt (before 2008 reformulation with black and gold box...not the insipid new!), more sweet (the gerlinade is more present to my nose). And the longevity is better on me with the edt...'
    I have mentioned before, that IMO, I think Guerlain took the idea of Apres l'Ondee in extrait and transformed it into Quand Vient la Pluie, with some added gourmand accents. Have you smelled QVLP Dimitri? If you have and you like it, then I think the Apres l'Ondee extrait would be something you'd enjoy.

I've never seen a bottle, that I've watched on Ebay, go for less than $500.

My personal dream is to acquire a bottle of vintage Apres l'Ondee Eau de Toilette. According to some posts I've read here on BN, it wasn't quite as heliotrope prominent and it was much more iris/violet prominent. But honestly, I never see bottles available for sale.

Basenotes Institution

I agree with Mike - the price on Ebay for Apres L'ondee extrait is high - higher than most Guerlain extraits that go to auction ( save the ridiculous amounts wanted for large sealed Shalimar extrait bottles ! )

I think it will be a good investment getting a sealed 30 ml extrait bottle, Dimitri. The bottle will only increase in value .If it were me, I would go for it. Also taking into consideration the ( totally unneccesarily) exorbitant price on The Perfumed Court- the ladies' there are selling Apres L'Ondee extrait for thousands.

I love Apres L'Ondee even only in the EDT - I've not tried the extrait - I'm afraid I would cry if I did ! (I love the bottle too - it's one of my fave Guerlain vintage bottles. )
    The other bottle which I lem desperately is the Guerlain Bouquet de Faunes bottle - that one is the other great investment if it is completely pristine.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I have mentioned before, that IMO, I think Guerlain took the idea of Apres l'Ondee in extrait and transformed it into Quand Vient la Pluie, with some added gourmand accents. Have you smelled QVLP Dimitri? If you have and you like it, then I think the Apres l'Ondee extrait would be something you'd enjoy.

I've never seen a bottle, that I've watched on Ebay, go for less than $500.
    Well this is possibly the deal breaker Mike. I've not sampled Quand Vient la Pluie, but it has always intrigued me (helloooo lemming!), and anything with an iris ganache type accord will more often than not win me over. I don't think I mind greatly that the extrait is not a sillage monster... it might just be one of those guilty pleasures one can indulge in purely and selfishly for oneself. I LOVE that pink fluffy slippers analogy Mike
    Thank you for pricing info too!

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post

(I love the bottle too - it's one of my fave Guerlain vintage bottles. )

The other bottle which I lem desperately is the Guerlain Bouquet de Faunes bottle - that one is the other great investment if it is completely pristine.
    Here here! One can never have too many Louis XVI flacons in one's collection!

Speaking of the Bouquet de Faunes presentation Mimi, did you see the current jaw-dropping offering on evilbay?

Basenotes Institution

Dimitri- now you got me crying ! Oh My God- lemming ,lemming- I want ! It's beautiful !

Apres l'Ondee is my HG of all HGs. I have a vial of parfum that was a gift from a BN friend...I've worn it only a few times and it is... beyond divine. Just a more intense version of the edt and it lasts all night on me, til morning. I've only ever worn it to very special parties so I can't comment on daytime wearing lol.

If this was readily available I would buy a bottle right away. In my humble opinion, to my nose it is just like the present edt only more intense and longer lasting. A perfect intensifying job as well, each note sparkles just a little louder and longer which only makes me happier. If I could only wear one scent for the rest of my life it would be Apres l'Ondee.

I own the older edt in the 93mls size. It is quite powdery on me. Infact I was once asked what I was wearing as it smelt like old fashioned talc. But they did say it was lovely.
    The parfum I also own and for me it is really close to L'Heure Bleu in parfum. It could be the intense heliotrope note. They are like twins but not idential twins.
    Like Mochoir de Monsieur and Jicky are like brother and sister. You just know they are family members.

I the parfum I own is the same as the one recently on ebay.
    DONNA

Sorry that I can't add anything to your pricing question, Dimi. I had the EdT (actually sold it to Mike P) and it really wore more like an after shave rather than an EdT or even a EdC. The parfum extrait must be heavenly though.

3-4 years ago, this bottle would go for 150 Euros on eBay (I followed each of the ALO auctions eagerly back then). Today, I guess I would accept the double price, but not more. The much discussed 8 ml Parfum UK auction is to be dismissed, something went utterly wrong there, and it's not representative for anything.

The EdT is palely cold like a purple-blue pastel. The Parfum version had more intense flower notes and is therefore less cold. To be honest, I use the Parfum maybe once a year, and I could also suspect that you, Dimi, are not thinking to buy it for everyday use. You have after all proven to be more of a bottle collector. So if the price is fair, I suggest you just buy this rare little sucker - otherwise you'll regret it. (And you know it, you just want us to say yes.)

Blog Entries

I would kill for some of that extrait. I actually have some but it is slightly off. A sealed bottle would be highly desirable!!!!

Thanks for your comments Kevin and kumquat!

Quote Originally Posted by Jane Daly View Post
    ...each note sparkles just a little louder and longer which only makes me happier. If I could only wear one scent for the rest of my life it would be Apres l'Ondee.
    A glowing review indeed Jane!

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    The parfum I also own and for me it is really close to L'Heure Bleu in parfum. It could be the intense heliotrope note. They are like twins but not idential twins.
    Like Mochoir de Monsieur and Jicky are like brother and sister. You just know they are family members.
    Sold!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. G View Post
    ...I could also suspect that you, Dimi, are not thinking to buy it for everyday use. You have after all proven to be more of a bottle collector.
    More a collector of perfume presentations Mr. G with an appreciation of both the juice and the packaging. There are other members who are 'bottle collectors' per sey. I think I would certainly love to try the extrait, but perhaps best I sample before breaking the seal on this potential purchase.

So if the price is fair, I suggest you just buy this rare little sucker - otherwise you'll regret it. (And you know it, you just want us to say yes.)
    Why of course! You lot are the best enablers a man could ask for! And for around 100 USD, I can hardly refuse now, can I?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

...And for around 100 USD, I can hardly refuse now, can I?
    It would be practically insane not to buy it, if that's all it is!

No kidding. If you don't, Dmitri, I will!

Basenotes Institution

Go for it, Dimitri - can't pass it up , sweets !

Well, it is precisely 80 euros, which works out to about $111 USD. A steal for that volume of *any* Guerlain extrait.
    However, I was very interested to read members insights about this scent I know rather little about. Thank you for your comments, everyone!

Basenotes Institution

You lucky dog.

If you don't like it, I'll gladly take it off your hands.

Alas, this sale fell through.

The seller took my money and got as far as her local post office (France) where she was advised NOT to send perfumes in the post. This, despite her reassurances that she had no problem sending it by international post to Australia. She then went home and refunded my purchase through paypal... without so much as a word initially, in fact.
    It was only after I queried her via email that she responded a day or two later and told me the deal was off.
    I attempted to reassure her that I had conducted many safe and successful transactions with buyers/sellers in France, but no dice.

It made me rather cross, actually.

That's really annoying! Sorry for you!

OMG what a drag. Doesn't she know to lie about what she is sending

Sorry Dimitri. That sucks, I probably would have burst into tears

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Ugh, disappointing to be sure, after all this time.

She really ought to have done her homework first.

Let her send it to me in Holland, I will send it on to you in Australia!

But I am afraid she got wind of the low price she accepted. And is backing out to sell it for a higher price.

I will lie without flinching

Oh what a total bummer. Post offices worldwide, never ever ask advice from the counter staff. Just wrap up well and said its cosmetics and leave it at that.
    DONNA

Yeah, she's probably a BN member and saw this thread. Morale: never discuss on the internet a perfume transaction until after it has been sent.

Quote Originally Posted by FrouFrou View Post
    I am afraid she got wind of the low price she accepted. And is backing out to sell it for a higher price.

Yeah, she's probably a BN member and saw this thread. Morale: never discuss on the internet a perfume transaction until after it has been sent.
    Thanks for the education Mr G. I doubt that she is a Basenoter because she would not have priced her goods as low as she did to begin with. Ulrik, Ive already told you what she was asking for her golden bee bottles... no basenoter in their right mind would do that.
    If she were a BNer, then let me state here for her and all to see, that I think her actions were deplorable. I am in two minds about posting a "buyer beware" notice with her full name and paypal email included.

Anyway, the seller went on to state that she would now ship only within France.
    When I told her how gravely disappointed I was, I also told her that I felt it a rude and discourteous decision, based on the fact we had been negotiating the deal for over a week. I had no further response.

My guess is that she may have also re-negged because she finally did her homework and saw she was underpricing her items. What breaks my heart is that it weren't only the 30ml Apres L'Ondee I was purchasing, but also a sealed vintage Chant D'Aromes 15ml extrait and sealed 30ml vintage Vol de Nuit extrait as well. All for the sum of 230 euros shipped.

Nevermind, you win some and you lose some I suppose. The thrill of the hunt is sometimes better than actually owning the object, so, back to the net I go...
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 23rd October 2010 at 01:26 AM.

That's all really too bad! But that's exactly why I PM'ed you about the auction result. It is wise not too speak 'in public' (and basenotes is) about prices achieved. And please hit me if I ever do... Fingers crossed you hunt them down soon at favorable prices!

Here there is some ALO extrait a (little) more decent price than TPC if anyone is interested into sampling it:
    http://www.decant-me.com/apres-londe...l?currency=USD

Oh Dimitri I am so sorry. And if the seller did what we think she may have, well, karma will get her.

Is there any chance of getting 5-10ml of this extrait without having to save a lot of money? I don`t mind if it`s outside the bottle... I recently bought a tester bottle of a vintage edt version. Don`t know how vintage is it, but it`s really beautiful, and altough is not strong on me it remains very quietly through 6-8 hours. It`s such a beautiful quiet scent that i keep imagining how gorgeous is the extrait version.

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    Is there any chance of getting 5-10ml of this extrait without having to save a lot of money?
    I dont fancy your chances Rick. Unless you stumble upon a bargain find, Apres L'Ondee parfum has fast become highly sought after, with prices reflecting this. Look at the cost of decants at (for example) the perfumed court... they're becoming stratospheric.

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

An auction @ Druot in Paris:
    yesterday a lucky man bought an ALO pure perfume after the end of sales
    you can read all @ beauté-test forum (I dont know if I can put it link here)
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    Is there any chance of getting 5-10ml of this extrait without having to save a lot of money? I don`t mind if it`s outside the bottle... I recently bought a tester bottle of a vintage edt version. Don`t know how vintage is it, but it`s really beautiful, and altough is not strong on me it remains very quietly through 6-8 hours. It`s such a beautiful quiet scent that i keep imagining how gorgeous is the extrait version.
    Of all the vintage Guerlain extraits Apres l'Ondee is perhaps one of the few, if not the only, that is not really "better" in extrait
    concentration. The nature of the composition is such that the 'fizziness' (or however you want to describe it) of the iris and its interplay between violet and anise is perfect in EdT. I have one bottle of the extrait and there's a smoothness to it, a density of composition, but the aroma is otherwise the same. Compare this any of the other classics, from Shalimar to Jicky, Mitsy, LHB, whatever - and these are all different in extrait in a more significant way from the other concentrations.

ALOs huge prices are based in large part on rarity and collectible value (and because of a few a-holes who hoarding it), and no doubt the people who spend hundreds and thousands on their flacons feel the need to justify their purchases by describing some uber-magical perfume. It's total BS. ALO is magical in EdT - it's not the slightest bit more magical in extrait.

I dont fancy your chances Rick. Unless you stumble upon a bargain find, Apres L'Ondee parfum has fast become highly sought after, with prices reflecting this. Look at the cost of decants at (for example) the perfumed court... they're becoming stratospheric.
    I saw the prices, i almost fell of my chair I always feel that i`m getting late to want those wonderful things
    I don`t think it`s impossible to get it on ebay, but it`s a really remote thing....

Quote Originally Posted by nineXseven View Post
    Of all the vintage Guerlain extraits Apres l'Ondee is perhaps one of the few, if not the only, that is not really "better" in extrait
    concentration. The nature of the composition is such that the 'fizziness' (or however you want to describe it) of the iris and its interplay between violet and anise is perfect in EdT. I have one bottle of the extrait and there's a smoothness to it, a density of composition, but the aroma is otherwise the same. Compare this any of the other classics, from Shalimar to Jicky, Mitsy, LHB, whatever - and these are all different in extrait in a more significant way from the other concentrations.

ALOs huge prices are based in large part on rarity and collectible value (and because of a few a-holes who hoarding it), and no doubt the people who spend hundreds and thousands on their flacons feel the need to justify their purchases by describing some uber-magical perfume. It's total BS. ALO is magical in EdT - it's not the slightest bit more magical in extrait.
    Thanks NineXseven! I think i`ll get a small 1ml decant first, which is expensive but not impossible to buy, to evaluate it first. I imagined that the extrait would be more complex, keeping the smoothness but intensifying the experience.

When you say about the collectible value, are you talking about the bottle or the fragrance itself?

These are the kind of open words I like, NineXseven! When I bought a couple of samples, The Perfumed Court had a choice of 4 or 5 among many extraits (partly vintage), which did include ALO extrait. I bought two small samples. I fully agree with NineXseven, although I found it more iris prominent on my skin, which is not necessarily a good thing in my books.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by nineXseven View Post

I can relate to your comments. I was slightly underwhelmed by my several wearings from a sample. The last wearing, probably more than a year ago, was nice and perhaps because I really doused myself in all that was left in the vial (probably 1/2 a ml) it stood out more. But, the EdT, which I smell a lot (my husband Ray has fallen in love with it and wears it often, straight out of a hot shower), is much more radiant, effective and prominent.

Strangely, when I wore Quand Vient la Pluie from a decant, it was IMO a sort of modern-Apres L'Ondee-extrait. Just sweeter. But everything that I wanted the ALO extrait to be, but wasn't. I can't wait to own another decant of this stuff. I love it.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Banned

I can relate to your comments. I was slightly underwhelmed by my several wearings from a sample. The last wearing, probably more than a year ago, was nice and perhaps because I really doused myself in all that was left in the vial (probably 1/2 a ml) it stood out more. But, the EdT, which I smell a lot (my husband Ray has fallen in love with it and wears it often, straight out of a hot shower), is much more radiant, effective and prominent.

Strangely, when I wore Quand Vient la Pluie from a decant, it was IMO a sort of modern-Apres L'Ondee-extrait. Just sweeter. But everything that I wanted the ALO extrait to be, but wasn't. I can't wait to own another decant of this stuff. I love it.
    It's been said that QVLP is an homage to Apres L'Ondee while others find a connection to L'Heure Bleue. I find the connection to ALO to ring more true because of the violet and heliotrope (though admittedly noses I trust find a closer connection to LHB). I also find QVLP and ALO connected in the context of this discussion. Just like with ALO there very, very little difference between the parfum and EdP of QVLP beyond the presentation differences. I own both (see my photo album) and testing hand v. hand reveals there is only the most minute of difference, probably the result of a small tweak in concentration. Beyond these connections they are very different perfumes in terms of the way they wear. QVLP both announced and defined the Wasser-era floral-gourmand style, the modern interpretation of Guerlinade, that is both loud and pops off the skin. QVLP is a LOT of fun, but I'm not sure it's "beautiful" or "touching". Apres l'Ondee is a timeless floral that is very discrete and nuanced, and without question it IS beautiful and touching - heartachingly so - but it's not 'fun'. Connected in some ways, complete opposites in other ways.

RickBR - the empty ALO bottles do have value to bottle collectors but the bottles aren't nearly as valuable as the perfume itself. I'm generally the first person to defend the high prices that vintage Guerlains can fetch but ALO values are totally absurd. They're driven in part by scarcity, but there are many Guerlains equally scarce that don't fetch such values. The myth that I'm seeking to dispel is that ALO parfum is shockingly beautiful beyond the beauty of the EdT, a myth that I believe drives values. The other factor pushing up prices are the people that amass several ALOs and publicly pay random prices for examples, thereby reducing supply and giving the impression that the values are "correct". Of course the legend of ALO parfum is ultimately driving the prices, and this legend cannot be undone. When I think about the vintage Guerlains, Diors, Patous, Lanvins, etc. that I've bought for a fraction of the cost of one 30ml ALO parfum it really demonstrates how inflated the prices have become - you can get far more for your money. I do have a partial ALO parfum that I've had for many years with only a few mls remaining. I am glad I have it 'for my shelf' and I will dab a tiny bit when I wear ALO EdT, but if I didn't have one I wouldn't buy one today.

Blog Entries

Interesting thread as history about my HG too!
    "Classics aren't classics because they seem old but because they seem always new". Tania Sanchez

I

I had a similar reaction to QVLP. I have not been able to smell ALO extrait, but imagine the blend is less sweet (far less sweet) than that of QVLP. You put your finger on it when you said it seems like a modern interpretation of what the extract was.

I've never gotten quite as much heliotrope in ALO EDT as others do.

I love being able to obsess about AL'O via this thread!
    AL'O edt is one of those magical perfumes for me, and the extrait has been an elusive, almost mythological beast (though now realize I can order some from TPC.)
    Last edited by Nostalgie; 11th October 2011 at 04:51 PM.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    I would kill for some of that extrait. I actually have some but it is slightly off. A sealed bottle would be highly desirable!!!!
    I might kill but I'd break at least two limbs
    for sure. I have to feel pity for Dimitri. I grow violets and plucking one and sinking my nose into it's dirty little heart is a joy. I don't find the flowers sweet and pretty but dirty and dark . They aren't green like the leaves but oh my goodness they are exquisite. Some say you can't smell anything for a few seconds after smelling one but I havn't tried. My daughter looks on as if I've lost my mind and to be honest they are intoxicating.

Basenotes Institution

So guess what?

I now own a bottle of vintage Apres l'Ondee parfum!

I can't wait to tell you all the long story about acquiring it and getting it open (the bottle was stuck). I'll post about it later (I'm swamped at the office today).

In the meantime I am wearing it today and it's glorious!

-- Jack Kerouac

So guess what?

I now own a bottle of vintage Apres l'Ondee parfum!

I can't wait to tell you all the long story about acquiring it and getting it open (the bottle was stuck). I'll post about it later (I'm swamped at the office today).

In the meantime I am wearing it today and it's glorious!
    Squeeee! Congratulations Mike! Don't you smell just all sorts of divine today.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Yay!!!! Congratulations.
    DONNA

Basenotes Institution

Thanks

It's top notes are almost all gone, but the middle & base notes are just fine. Those banned ingredients sure do smell good. LOL

-- Jack Kerouac

Blog Entries

Thanks

It's top notes are almost all gone, but the middle & base notes are just fine. Those banned ingredients sure do smell good. LOL
    Mike, I did something you may find drastic; I squirted vintage EDT juice into the parfum. It really perked it up.

Basenotes Institution

Oh wow - what a great idea. I am decanting my parfum into an atomizer any way so I can spray it on. Next time I do that I'll blend them. Hopefully the Guerlain Police won't issue us a citation

-- Jack Kerouac