Code of Conduct

Default From your current wardrobe, what percentage will always be in your collection?

My wardrobe is pretty big, but there are still many that I just wanna use up and never see again. Then there are the ones I can always trust, I can always come back to. With that said, I'd say there's a good 30+% that I could do without. With that 30+% gone, they will need to be replaced indeed!

Default Re: From your current wardrobe, what percentage will always be in your collection?

At least a quarter to a half of what I currently own will always be there, either a single bottles or as multiple backup bottles, since without these frags, especially the discontinued and/or hard to find ones I wouldn't truly be myself

Default Re: From your current wardrobe, what percentage will always be in your collection?

all the Lutens
    all the PG's
    all of Ungaro's
    all of TDC's
    Guerlain Heritage

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

I couldn't cope without the following frags:

Allure Homme Édition Blanche
    Angel
    Bal à Versailles
    Black Orchid
    Chloé Narcisse
    Dior Homme
    Dior Homme Intense
    Dioressence
    Diorissimo
    Dolce Vita
    Dune pour Homme
    Eau de Star
    Égoïste
    Fahrenheit
    Flowerbomb
    Hot Couture
    Hypnotic Poison
    Jaïpur Homme
    Midnight Poison
    Miss Dior Chérie
    N°5
    N°19
    Poison
    Tendre Poison
    Ysatis de Givenchy

25 out of 163 ... that's 15,3%
    Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 6th October 2010 at 02:58 PM.

I love most of my collection, but many could as well be some other scent. Just handful are irreplaceable.

There is no way I'll ever be without Eau d'Hermes and Mouchoir de Monsieur, these two are most important. Villoresi's Uomo is also quite essential. Then there are curious ones, that I don't use often but absolutely crave now and then. Maybe that rarely, that I don't need to make a decision whether to replace or not like...ever. These include atleast Yerbamate, Piper Nigrum, No. 88, Santal Noble, Eau des Iles, Vetiver Extraordinaire, Hammam Bouquet and Eau Lente.

I see how people have some ridiculous collections. I'm minimalistic. I'm still experimenting with perfumes. I'd like to limit myself to say 7. And I can say 2 of them are Narciso Rodriguez EPD For Him & Terre d' Hermes EDP. I have yet to decide on the rest.

I own around 30 bottles. The ones I really don't want to be without are:
    Etro Dianthus
    Keiko Mecheri Ume
    Ormonde Jayne Ta'if
    Shalimar

That would be 1/7th (13%) of my collection. I think the proportion of keep/could be without will grow as I slowly acquire more of my wishlist fumes.

If I would only be allowed to keep a single fume, that would be Ume - it's just stunning.

I've come to this: Chanel is all I need.

At a guess I would say there would be around 20% that I wish to always have close to hand

Basenotes Plus

Hmm...interesting question. I would probably miss 15-20 if they are no longer in my wardrobe. That translates to ~ 30-40% I guess.

But always in my collection? Probably none. I don't buy backup of anything. If it's gone, discontinued & can't be found anywhere, I'll just move on - I'm not losing any sleep over it. Life's too short, my friends. And I can live with sweet memories. Lol.

DeepSilence

About 25%

50-60% of my current wardrobe will always be in my collection.

Just like the love for a person, my feelings for a fragrance can change over the years - no matter how intense the first few months might have been. There are only very few of which I am fairly sure, that I will always want to keep them. There are many that I'll probably stay fond of for the rest of my live but that doesn't mean that I will always own a bottle of them.

So far, I'd say the hottest candidates for being my alltime-keepers are Kouros, GIT and Basala.

currently, around 20% would always be in my collection.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Quote Originally Posted by Siifter View Post
    I've come to this: Chanel is all I need.
    Which would be 50-60 % of my wardrobe.

I'm just starting out, but I think, so far, I'll always have some Heritage.

Wish I understood the Eau d'Hermes thing..
    Measure twice. Cut once.

Basenotes Institution

I think I'll keep 25 % of my wardrobe eventually. Those are the ones I'll love for always.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

20-25%. I own about 25 bottles right now.

Keepers: Creed GIT and SMW
    Designer: TDH, Dior Homme, Dolce & Gabbanna PH

wow...that might be all of the all-time keepers...

68 %

I have:

Ambre Russe. Will not stay unless I relocate to Siberia.
    Antaeus (1981). Will stay.
    Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune (1999). Will not stay.
    Bel Ami (1986). Will stay.
    Chergui (2001). Will stay or be replaced by Ambre Sultan.
    Cologne à l'Italienne. Like it but can be replaced by other good EDC. Will not stay.
    Concentrée D'Orange Verte (2004). Will stay
    Derby (1985). Will stay
    Dior Homme (2005). Will stay
    Eau Sauvage (1966). WIll stay.
    Eau des 4 Voleurs (1991). Will not stay.
    Encre Noire (2006). Will stay.
    Habit Rouge Eau de Toilette Légère (2005). Will be replaced by the regular EDT or EDP.
    Héritage (1992). Will not stay. BADLY reformulated version (strange, smoky topnote).
    L'Autre (1973). Will not stay. Discontinued. Layers nicely with Pamplelune (see above). Will certainly be replaced by another Diptyque.
    L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (2004). EDP. Not decided yet.
    Lubin Le Vetyver (2008). Will not stay. Nice but does not stand out of the crowd.
    M7 (2002). Will not stay.
    Mitsouko (1919) (extrait). Will stay.
    Mouchoir de Monsieur (1904). Will stay. Back up is seriously considered.
    Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003). Will stay.
    Terre d'Hermès (2006). Good but will not stay. Will be replaced by another Elléna creation (Déclaration or Hermessence or Jardin)
    Guerlain Vetiver (1961). Good but will not be renewed until the formulation gets better.
    Égoïste (1990). Will stay. Back up is seriously considered.
    Équipage (1970). Will stay.
    Dzongkha. Will not stay, to be replaced by another l'Artisan (Timbuktu?)
    Tonka Impériale. Good but will not stay.

30-40% i guess..

Nearly all my favorites are in decant form, but the only bottles I wouldn't part with are my vintage Dior Poisons, DipL'Eau Trois, Neil Morris Gandhara, Estee Lauder Tuberose Gardenia, and L'Arte di Gucci. Everything else is a maybe.

Among the 20+ bottles I have now, I imagine about 5 will be there permanently, since they have numerous redundant backups and are very close to perfection. If I lost them all tomorrow, though, I'd move on with scarcely a tear. Which probably means I should sell them...

Regards,
    T

My Wardrobe:
    Yves St. Laurent Live Jazz
    Comme des Garcons Vettiveru
    Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Comme des Garcons 2 Man

On the one hand, nothing has to stay. On the other hand, I have enough bottles that I almost never finish them, so on that basis, probably 75% will always be there.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Amouage - Jubilation XXV, Tribute
    Andy Tauer - L'Air du Desert Marocain
    Comme des Garcons - Wonderwood
    Creed - Aventus
    D&G - The One
    Hermes - Terre D'Hermes (Perfume)
    Thierry Mugler - A*Men Pure Coffee
    Tom Ford ~ Grey Vetiver, Tuscan Leather, Noir de Noir

my current faves at the mo....still awaiting Memoir, so that will go on the essential list, no doubt!

As of right now:

Havana Reserva
    Richard James (Savile Row)
    Fahrenheit Absolute
    Pure Malt
    Givenchy Insense

I'm with diamondflame. one marriage is enough for me thank you very much.

Michael Kors for men
    Hermes Bel Ami
    Divine L`homme Sage
    Creed Bois du Portugal
    Amouage Dia
    Boucheron Pour homme (EDP)

5 percent

Wow.. post #26 before anyone says Pure Malt.. the forum is slipping!!!
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Since I have already begun to slim down to just those I love, I'm going to say presently like 70-75%. A few others I want to trade or sell

99% of my collection (currently at 1,045) will always be there until I give it away. The 1% being accidental breakage.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    99% of my collection (currently at 1,045) will always be there until I give it away. The 1% being accidental breakage.
    Whoa! We need a collection picture from you, sir!

50%,and thats because I cannot stop blind buying;but I never do a blind buy when a bottle is not at least half of the price,so the damage is low profile.

I would say that I could live without 30-40% of my collection.
    Gary

I could sleep well without 2/3 of fragrances that I have right now.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

I am not a collector and my philosophy is to get rid of most stuff that I haven't used in a fair amount of time. I am on the (of course neverending) search for my personal holy grails of all the genres I'm interested in and I only want to keep those - until something even better comes along. Everything else will leave my 'collection' sooner or later.