Code of Conduct

Angry Kouros Plein Air - What the heck is this stuff!

Being a Kouros and YSL classic fan I delved into the Kouros flanker mystery bag (ebay) and ended up with Kouros Plein Air.

To me its a more soapy-pissey Kouros Fraicheur; and I mean this in a good way. Its thick blue consistency is like they took a 100ml Kouros Fraicheur bottle and added 100ml of bubble bath; which I kinda wish was true. Would be quite the nice smelling bath.

Anyways has anyone else used this stuff successfully? I'm not sure if I should use it in the place of a fragrance in the morning or just a quick out of the shower energizing body mist as it seems to be indicating in the pamphlet it came with. If its just a 'energizing body mist' how long after would you apply your normal fragrance for the day?

BTW this bottle is so huge it'd be perfect for use as a Kouros water bottle when its empty.

Default Re: Kouros Plein Air - What the heck is this stuff!

The Plein Air line was a total body care line up that was added to the Kouros line back in the early 80's. The body spray which you have and if I recall correctly came in a full blue plastic bottle was sport spray that could be used after the gym. The entire Plein Air line include face creams and hair tonics etc.

Thanks scentimus; yes it is a full plastic bottle big enough to be a flask or water bottle. Its just an open top though its like using lotion its so thick.

I think I get this stuff now. Great addition to use before applying Kouros as Plein Air fades after about 2-3 hours. Defiantly wouldn't put on a different scent after using this though besides Kouros or one of its flankers.

Basenotes Institution

Sounds great. How does the smell of it compare to regular ol' Kouros?

I purchased a couple of these products in 1991 in Europe when Kouros was my signature scent...everything Kouros...
    I'd say it's more like Fraicheur not like the original. It wasn't spicy or dirty at all to me. Kouros was there but it had a tangy limey smell to it with a menthol effect. The refreshing body gel came in a splash not spray bottle (more like a liquid gel, a transparent bright blue color). No great longevity as these were designed as grooming products. If I remember correctly, the packaging had the dark blue/silver/white color scheme. I also used one tube of the after shave gel but eventually gave away a NIB tube.
    It was 1992 and I was tired of...no Kouros was tired of me.
    Last edited by Renaissance_Man; 8th October 2010 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Sounds great. How does the smell of it compare to regular ol' Kouros?
    To me its like Kouros but with a way turned up urine note that's even more present then in the original Kouros. (And like in my original post I say this in a good way!) Definitely has a strong menthol note added to it as well which is not in any other Kouros flanker I've tried.

This stuff is very thick and has a lot of Castor oil. Its like a cross of the eau de toilette and a body oil, its interesting.