Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Al-Rehab Khaliji - er... wow.

So I'm stuck in traffic today on the way home from work. To my left I notice this Islamic store which had a bunch of perfumes displayed in the window.

Being a true Basenoter, it figures that the pursuit of fragrance is better than the fruitless pursuit of traffic.

I tried a bunch of fragrances there of Arabic origin and hit an absolute beauty, Khalaji.

Folks, this is Rose 31 with an Oudh undernote perfectly blended in there and it works REALLY well. It starts off dirty as hell with cumin and a kind of turkish delight rose, all the time underpinned by a soft insinuation of oudh. Now, look, I don't normally like Oudh notes, but when they're this well blended, trust me it's fantastic.

And the best part of all this? It's cheap as chips as we say in England. It costs like £3.99 for 35ml for what is described as an "Eau de Perfume". I don't know if it's necessarily an EDP, but it lasts well.

This is what we perfumisti dream about, discovering something very very good and very unknown for very very little.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Default Re: Al-Rehab Khaliji - er... wow.

Ohhhh, great idea! I actually live by a little middle-eastern enclave, and I never thought to go snooping in the shops for perfume.

Anyway, congrats on the find! Hopefully I get as lucky as you!
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Fun! I love finding delightful cheapies this way.

Picture? Shop? Location?

Ok the shop is Islamic Delight, Edmonton, they have a whole bunch of fragrances there, some of which I may go back and buy, I bought three, and there are several others I also like.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Cheers. I may check it out some time.

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    Ok the shop is Islamic Delight, Edmonton, they have a whole bunch of fragrances there, some of which I may go back and buy, I bought three, and there are several others I also like.
    Are you going to give us your take on them too?

http://al-rehab.co.uk/alrehabproductlist.asp?catid=110

Is this the one? Scroll down towards the bottom of the page. There is an Al-Khaliji listed, number 000856.

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post

Is this the one? Scroll down towards the bottom of the page. There is an Al-Khaliji listed, number 000856.
    Yes, that's the one.

Quote Originally Posted by abzr88 View Post
    Are you going to give us your take on them too?
    In time I will, the other two I bought, I like, but I'm not blown away by.

I had a similar experience whilst living in Denmark, Andy. We had an eastern-style Bazaar near our home and one shop sold fabulous perfumes that were priced magnificently. I dont recall the name of the scent I bought, but it was in a rather tacky silver-coloured plastic bottle that looked a little like a censer. It cost me about $9, and I used it within the year.
    Its so much fun to explore these stores! They also had an "Oud Room Spray", which must be the eastern equivalent of a can of Glade!

I also like some of their offerings, usually the 3 mL attar ones. They cost less than $2 here. I'll look for Khaliji next time.

So I'm stuck in traffic today on the way home from work. To my left I notice this Islamic store which had a bunch of perfumes displayed in the window.

Being a true Basenoter, it figures that the pursuit of fragrance is better than the fruitless pursuit of traffic.

I tried a bunch of fragrances there of Arabic origin and hit an absolute beauty, Khalaji.

Folks, this is Rose 31 with an Oudh undernote perfectly blended in there and it works REALLY well. It starts off dirty as hell with cumin and a kind of turkish delight rose, all the time underpinned by a soft insinuation of oudh. Now, look, I don't normally like Oudh notes, but when they're this well blended, trust me it's fantastic.

And the best part of all this? It's cheap as chips as we say in England. It costs like £3.99 for 35ml for what is described as an "Eau de Perfume". I don't know if it's necessarily an EDP, but it lasts well.

This is what we perfumisti dream about, discovering something very very good and very unknown for very very little.
    How similar is it to Rose 31 ??? I really want to know Thanks
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Quote Originally Posted by ohhmygod View Post
    How similar is it to Rose 31 ??? I really want to know Thanks
    Erm, it's VERY similar, not identical, but I am seriously wondering whether I'll replace my bottle of Rose 31 when that runs out as I get pretty bloody close to it with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    I had a similar experience whilst living in Denmark, Andy. We had an eastern-style Bazaar near our home and one shop sold fabulous perfumes that were priced magnificently. I dont recall the name of the scent I bought, but it was in a rather tacky silver-coloured plastic bottle that looked a little like a censer. It cost me about $9, and I used it within the year.
    Its so much fun to explore these stores! They also had an "Oud Room Spray", which must be the eastern equivalent of a can of Glade!
    Dimi - trust me mate, you would love this.

Interesting. I can get the perfume oil version here in Germany for €2.40 / 3ml. The seller lists the following notes however:
    "Khaliji by Al-Rehab is a light and refreshing fragrance of fresh oranges supported by warm amber with sandalwood. Fine nuances of lemongrass provide freshness." sounds quite different.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Interesting. I can get the perfume oil version here in Germany for €2.40 / 3ml. The seller lists the following notes however:
    "Khaliji by Al-Rehab is a light and refreshing fragrance of fresh oranges supported by warm amber with sandalwood. Fine nuances of lemongrass provide freshness." sounds quite different.
    I don't recognise that description of the fragrance I am currently wearing which has a very definite cumin note to it.

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post

Not the best place to order from though, just in case anyone is tempted.
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

I love going to Halal stores here in Seattle.. My Sunni friend bought me some oils back before I was into fragrances. I go into these pretty ofren looking for a cheap olfactoy fix.

Found an item sold as synthetic oud that has a huge camphor note mixed with a nice woodiness to it. All in Arabic but has the holy Kaaba on it; believe it says 'Oil of Kaaba' or something similar. Comes in a small glass roll on. I'll have to look for Khaliji they seem to always have a huge Al-Rehab selection.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Is that the same with this: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Khaliji-ORIGI...#ht_3001wt_911

Btw , HSD1963, do u recognise the bottle ? Even though its an oil version, the spray shud be similar.

Spray (is this what u got?)

Looks the same to me seriously lol

Oil version
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Hello everyone
    First sorry for my bad english...rehab is very famous here in our country and the reason is obvious smell beautiful plus very cheap price Try Silver oil it is similar to smw by Creed when i wearing it people think I wear smw and silver oil 3ml just Costs only one dollar...and you can tray rabea elomer It is very beautiful.

Is that the same with this: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Khaliji-ORIGI...#ht_3001wt_911

Btw , HSD1963, do u recognise the bottle ? Even though its an oil version, the spray shud be similar.

Oil version
    It is the same, but I can assure you the fragrance I have (which is the bottled version) has a definite cumin note to it.

Quote Originally Posted by yuyu15 View Post
    Hello everyone
    First sorry for my bad english...rehab is very famous here in our country and the reason is obvious smell beautiful plus very cheap price Try Silver oil it is similar to smw by Creed when i wearing it people think I wear smw and silver oil 3ml just Costs only one dollar...and you can tray rabea elomer It is very beautiful.
    Thank-you for your recommendation, I'll try that.

Oil version
    ohhmygod zahras.com has the 3ml oil for $1.44. BTW for people in the UK "Islamic Impressions" have stores all over the UK and they carry Al-Rehab oils and EDPs. http://www.islamicimpressions.co.uk/store_locator.php

I bought a 6ml Al-rehab roll on a few months ago called "Lord" which is an oriental musk oil ...... would also recommend trying that, i really enjoy wearing this & for the price and little application you need you can't go far wrong.

ohhmygod zahras.com has the 3ml oil for $1.44. BTW for people in the UK "Islamic Impressions" have stores all over the UK and they carry Al-Rehab oils and EDPs. http://www.islamicimpressions.co.uk/store_locator.php
    Yeah i notice but im not sure about the shipping price :P

It is the same, but I can assure you the fragrance I have (which is the bottled version) has a definite cumin note to it.
    You cant really trust the dodgy descriptions of these middle eastern oils/perfumes can u
    So i guess theres really a cumin in der.

FYI This is my 1111st post )
    Last edited by ohhmygod; 8th October 2010 at 03:29 PM.

"No Pain, No Gain"

Oh, Golly! One of the stores is practically in my neighbourhood! I'll have to have a short stroll down there, this weekend. Many thanks!

You know, I think I'm getting some deja vu here. I'm sure I tried one or two of Al-Rehab EDPs, several months ago and was pleasantly surprised by them. I'll have to go back to the store I smelt them, to make sure my mind's not playing tricks on me...

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    You know, I think I'm getting some deja vu here. I'm sure I tried one or two of Al-Rehab EDPs, several months ago and was pleasantly surprised by them. I'll have to go back to the store I smelt them, to make sure my mind's not playing tricks on me...
    Make sure u test Khaliji my friend

"No Pain, No Gain"

Quote Originally Posted by Petra Ichor View Post
    Not the best place to order from though, just in case anyone is tempted.
    Any particular reason why?