Code of Conduct
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Default Re: Al-Rehab Khaliji - er... wow.

Get Surrati Black oudh. Its very nice, cheap and smells good. Do not use a lot though. Its meant to be based of the Montale.

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post

I picked up a 6ML roll on of Silver since everyone seemed to think it smells like Silver Mountain Water. Which it does, for a few minutes, then turns into a sour, metallic, bitter smelling version. It was just an experiment, but a disappointing one.
    I have the spray of this and to me it is 85% identical to SMW. Silver does have a dirtier musky type smell in the base tho. I actually enjoy it a lot. It last and projects very well on my skin.

I find it more comparable to Bond no.9 Hamptons about 90-95% because of the floral sweetness to it.

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    I have a bottle of khaliji on order. I don't know what to expect, but i'm setting the bar very low. It was cheap, so i won't be crying for my $8, but the disappointment of a stinky fragrance is worse lol.

I picked up a 6ML roll on of Silver since everyone seemed to think it smells like Silver Mountain Water. Which it does, for a few minutes, then turns into a sour, metallic, bitter smelling version. It was just an experiment, but a disappointing one.
    Don't put a lot of oil on your body especially Khaliji. A littke goes a long way

Dependent

Can't wait to go try this line. Sounds like good value for the price. Silver was terrible to me, but then I don't like SMW at all either. Perhaps there are some very dry woody ouds or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Emlynevermore View Post
    I am thinking about acquiring 3 mL roll-ons of some of the following (with descriptions culled from various online sources, including this thread):

Oudy (subtle pleasant woody masculine)

^^Would anyone who has tried any of the above care to share their experiences?

Trebor, you called Saat Safa "old fashioned" (and "a stinker" ) last year. What did you mean by that?
    Spot on description for Oudy. I like it.

Red Rose is also a very nice find from the Al-rehab stack. These guys are saving me money with value :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Granola View Post
    Al Rehab Choco Musk should be renamed Choco Vanille.
    Agreed!

I haven't tried any more Al-Rehabs for several months but may do in the next few days...

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    Can't wait to go try this line. Sounds like good value for the price. Silver was terrible to me, but then I don't like SMW at all either. Perhaps there are some very dry woody ouds or something.
    Give Sultan a try!

Finally got my hands on a bottle of Khaliji. After 2 months of waiting for the bottle i got on ebay, i gave up. I ordered from al-rashad books. got it in 2 days.

The scent? Major disappointment. Rose 31? Definitely not. Rose 31 is Rose and spice. Khaliji is citrus and stank. I dont know how the two could ever resemble each other.

Basenotes Plus

Al-Rehab is, as far as I know, in the lower quality bracket - suggest don't dismiss Mid-East oils on that experience as some are truly works of art.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Al-Rehab is, as far as I know, in the lower quality bracket - suggest don't dismiss Mid-East oils on that experience as some are truly works of art.
    They truly are the Aspen, Jovan Musk etc. of The middle east, but if the smell good, it doesnt matter to me. But out of all the ones i've sniffed, they're all terrible. I wish the Islamic book store by me had the 2 that i bought so i didn't have to waste the coin lol. I'd have rather bought a cheap bottle of wine from Trader joes instead. Oh well!

Basenotes Plus

Surrati are famous for dups, but I only have their Wardh Taif.
    If it were not for the post, I'd buy the new Al Jaazab, but I'm a girl. Quality, artisan stuff.
    http://www.agaraura.com/