Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Al-Rehab Khaliji - er... wow.

So I'm stuck in traffic today on the way home from work. To my left I notice this Islamic store which had a bunch of perfumes displayed in the window.

Being a true Basenoter, it figures that the pursuit of fragrance is better than the fruitless pursuit of traffic.

I tried a bunch of fragrances there of Arabic origin and hit an absolute beauty, Khalaji.

Folks, this is Rose 31 with an Oudh undernote perfectly blended in there and it works REALLY well. It starts off dirty as hell with cumin and a kind of turkish delight rose, all the time underpinned by a soft insinuation of oudh. Now, look, I don't normally like Oudh notes, but when they're this well blended, trust me it's fantastic.

And the best part of all this? It's cheap as chips as we say in England. It costs like £3.99 for 35ml for what is described as an "Eau de Perfume". I don't know if it's necessarily an EDP, but it lasts well.

This is what we perfumisti dream about, discovering something very very good and very unknown for very very little.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Default Re: Al-Rehab Khaliji - er... wow.

Ohhhh, great idea! I actually live by a little middle-eastern enclave, and I never thought to go snooping in the shops for perfume.

Anyway, congrats on the find! Hopefully I get as lucky as you!
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Fun! I love finding delightful cheapies this way.

Picture? Shop? Location?

Ok the shop is Islamic Delight, Edmonton, they have a whole bunch of fragrances there, some of which I may go back and buy, I bought three, and there are several others I also like.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Cheers. I may check it out some time.

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    Ok the shop is Islamic Delight, Edmonton, they have a whole bunch of fragrances there, some of which I may go back and buy, I bought three, and there are several others I also like.
    Are you going to give us your take on them too?

http://al-rehab.co.uk/alrehabproductlist.asp?catid=110

Is this the one? Scroll down towards the bottom of the page. There is an Al-Khaliji listed, number 000856.

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post

Is this the one? Scroll down towards the bottom of the page. There is an Al-Khaliji listed, number 000856.
    Yes, that's the one.

Quote Originally Posted by abzr88 View Post
    Are you going to give us your take on them too?
    In time I will, the other two I bought, I like, but I'm not blown away by.

I had a similar experience whilst living in Denmark, Andy. We had an eastern-style Bazaar near our home and one shop sold fabulous perfumes that were priced magnificently. I dont recall the name of the scent I bought, but it was in a rather tacky silver-coloured plastic bottle that looked a little like a censer. It cost me about $9, and I used it within the year.
    Its so much fun to explore these stores! They also had an "Oud Room Spray", which must be the eastern equivalent of a can of Glade!

I also like some of their offerings, usually the 3 mL attar ones. They cost less than $2 here. I'll look for Khaliji next time.

So I'm stuck in traffic today on the way home from work. To my left I notice this Islamic store which had a bunch of perfumes displayed in the window.

Being a true Basenoter, it figures that the pursuit of fragrance is better than the fruitless pursuit of traffic.

I tried a bunch of fragrances there of Arabic origin and hit an absolute beauty, Khalaji.

Folks, this is Rose 31 with an Oudh undernote perfectly blended in there and it works REALLY well. It starts off dirty as hell with cumin and a kind of turkish delight rose, all the time underpinned by a soft insinuation of oudh. Now, look, I don't normally like Oudh notes, but when they're this well blended, trust me it's fantastic.

And the best part of all this? It's cheap as chips as we say in England. It costs like £3.99 for 35ml for what is described as an "Eau de Perfume". I don't know if it's necessarily an EDP, but it lasts well.

This is what we perfumisti dream about, discovering something very very good and very unknown for very very little.
    How similar is it to Rose 31 ??? I really want to know Thanks
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Quote Originally Posted by ohhmygod View Post
    How similar is it to Rose 31 ??? I really want to know Thanks
    Erm, it's VERY similar, not identical, but I am seriously wondering whether I'll replace my bottle of Rose 31 when that runs out as I get pretty bloody close to it with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    I had a similar experience whilst living in Denmark, Andy. We had an eastern-style Bazaar near our home and one shop sold fabulous perfumes that were priced magnificently. I dont recall the name of the scent I bought, but it was in a rather tacky silver-coloured plastic bottle that looked a little like a censer. It cost me about $9, and I used it within the year.
    Its so much fun to explore these stores! They also had an "Oud Room Spray", which must be the eastern equivalent of a can of Glade!
    Dimi - trust me mate, you would love this.

Interesting. I can get the perfume oil version here in Germany for €2.40 / 3ml. The seller lists the following notes however:
    "Khaliji by Al-Rehab is a light and refreshing fragrance of fresh oranges supported by warm amber with sandalwood. Fine nuances of lemongrass provide freshness." sounds quite different.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Interesting. I can get the perfume oil version here in Germany for €2.40 / 3ml. The seller lists the following notes however:
    "Khaliji by Al-Rehab is a light and refreshing fragrance of fresh oranges supported by warm amber with sandalwood. Fine nuances of lemongrass provide freshness." sounds quite different.
    I don't recognise that description of the fragrance I am currently wearing which has a very definite cumin note to it.

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post

Not the best place to order from though, just in case anyone is tempted.
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

I love going to Halal stores here in Seattle.. My Sunni friend bought me some oils back before I was into fragrances. I go into these pretty ofren looking for a cheap olfactoy fix.

Found an item sold as synthetic oud that has a huge camphor note mixed with a nice woodiness to it. All in Arabic but has the holy Kaaba on it; believe it says 'Oil of Kaaba' or something similar. Comes in a small glass roll on. I'll have to look for Khaliji they seem to always have a huge Al-Rehab selection.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Is that the same with this: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Khaliji-ORIGI...#ht_3001wt_911

Btw , HSD1963, do u recognise the bottle ? Even though its an oil version, the spray shud be similar.

Spray (is this what u got?)

Looks the same to me seriously lol

Oil version
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Hello everyone
    First sorry for my bad english...rehab is very famous here in our country and the reason is obvious smell beautiful plus very cheap price Try Silver oil it is similar to smw by Creed when i wearing it people think I wear smw and silver oil 3ml just Costs only one dollar...and you can tray rabea elomer It is very beautiful.

Is that the same with this: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Khaliji-ORIGI...#ht_3001wt_911

Btw , HSD1963, do u recognise the bottle ? Even though its an oil version, the spray shud be similar.

Oil version
    It is the same, but I can assure you the fragrance I have (which is the bottled version) has a definite cumin note to it.

Quote Originally Posted by yuyu15 View Post
    Hello everyone
    First sorry for my bad english...rehab is very famous here in our country and the reason is obvious smell beautiful plus very cheap price Try Silver oil it is similar to smw by Creed when i wearing it people think I wear smw and silver oil 3ml just Costs only one dollar...and you can tray rabea elomer It is very beautiful.
    Thank-you for your recommendation, I'll try that.

Oil version
    ohhmygod zahras.com has the 3ml oil for $1.44. BTW for people in the UK "Islamic Impressions" have stores all over the UK and they carry Al-Rehab oils and EDPs. http://www.islamicimpressions.co.uk/store_locator.php

I bought a 6ml Al-rehab roll on a few months ago called "Lord" which is an oriental musk oil ...... would also recommend trying that, i really enjoy wearing this & for the price and little application you need you can't go far wrong.

ohhmygod zahras.com has the 3ml oil for $1.44. BTW for people in the UK "Islamic Impressions" have stores all over the UK and they carry Al-Rehab oils and EDPs. http://www.islamicimpressions.co.uk/store_locator.php
    Yeah i notice but im not sure about the shipping price :P

It is the same, but I can assure you the fragrance I have (which is the bottled version) has a definite cumin note to it.
    You cant really trust the dodgy descriptions of these middle eastern oils/perfumes can u
    So i guess theres really a cumin in der.

FYI This is my 1111st post )
    Last edited by ohhmygod; 8th October 2010 at 04:29 PM.

"No Pain, No Gain"

Oh, Golly! One of the stores is practically in my neighbourhood! I'll have to have a short stroll down there, this weekend. Many thanks!

You know, I think I'm getting some deja vu here. I'm sure I tried one or two of Al-Rehab EDPs, several months ago and was pleasantly surprised by them. I'll have to go back to the store I smelt them, to make sure my mind's not playing tricks on me...

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    You know, I think I'm getting some deja vu here. I'm sure I tried one or two of Al-Rehab EDPs, several months ago and was pleasantly surprised by them. I'll have to go back to the store I smelt them, to make sure my mind's not playing tricks on me...
    Make sure u test Khaliji my friend

"No Pain, No Gain"

Quote Originally Posted by Petra Ichor View Post
    Not the best place to order from though, just in case anyone is tempted.
    Any particular reason why?

Quote Originally Posted by sdmilne View Post
    Any particular reason why?
    They took over a month to partially fill my order, no refund for the rest. It was only a few quid so I didn't chase it. Despite the domain name, they aren't part of the Al Rehab company.
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Many thanks!
    no problem, can you let us know what you think about them when you get them?

While visiting Dubai me and my wife went to a perfume store and we both went crazy, they showed us oils, perfumes, attars and who knows what, and every one seemed to us better than anything we had smelled before, We both finally decided for a bottle of perfume each (I wish I could remember the names) and of course they didn't last much, we use them every occasion until they were gone. Since then I would like to have the opportunity of visiting a middle eastern perfume shop, but I have not be able to find anything in my corner of the woods (Palm Spring area). Does anybody know of a middle eastern perfume shop in this area? If so, please let me know and I would appreciate it for the rest of my life. There "must" be such a shop in the LA area at least.

no problem, can you let us know what you think about them when you get them?
    Sure!

I see Khaliji, Silver and seven others on the Islamic Impressions website mentioned above on the "Perfume Sprays" tab and I'll order a few.
    There are some interesting sounding items on the "Premium Perfumes" tab too, none of which could be classed as expensive for what they are, such as
    Attar Al Kaaba 25ml for £45.99
    Arabian Attar : Attar Al Kaaba Perfume. Imagine the culmination and peak of divineness into a sacred aura of serene and tranquil minds. Imagine feeling this even if you are thousands of miles away from Kaaba. Attar Al Kaaba, the feeling is in the perfume. Made of Dehnal Oudh, Amber, Sandal and Thaif and Rose. No alcohol.

D.Oud Mubakhar £54.99
    Oud Mubakhar oil perfume (unisex). It is the purest extract of Oud, which is undoubtedly the crown of Oriental Perfumes. It is so precious that each drop is valued immensely by both, ladies and men.
    and
    Maysoon 15ml £19.99
    Maysoon Concentrated Perfume Oil Alcohol Free
    Top Note : Bergamot Rose, Mandarin Orange
    Middle Note : Ylang-Ylang,
    Base Note : Tonkin Musk, Coconut
    Maysoon is as rich and glorious as that of the face which can emit light into the heart of those pondered by the darkest hours of life. The scent is composed of a floral, fruity accord and starts with Bergamot Rose, Mandarin Orange. The heart of this fragrance is build around notes of Ylang-Ylang that evolve to culminate into Tonkin Musk and coconut.

I'm not particularly near a shop - anyone tried any of these others? Trebor?
    Patience is the parent of success

Thumbs up Re: Al-Rehab Khaliji - er... wow.

Thank you, thank you! I googled the fragrance and found a place that sells it!! Needless to say I ordered Al-Rehab Khaliji and one other. TWO fine eastern fragrances for $16.15, which is the price of the scents plus shipping. I am so excited, as I love bold scents like they are described.

I recently was at a mosque and they had some Al Rehab roll ons (oil based) scents there to apply
    I liked Silver, but Aseel was just mind blowing, Imagine a clean soapy smelling yet dark and masculine Oud. I got home and purchased 12 6ml oil roll ons.
    It was that good!
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumeCollector View Post
    There "must" be such a shop in the LA area at least.
    Second! This thread has piqued my curiosity, and I just know there have to be several stores that carry these in LA, but google and yelp have yielded nothing. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Hasupk@gmail.com View Post
    I recently was at a mosque and they had some Al Rehab roll ons (oil based) scents there to apply
    It wasn't King Fahad, by any chance? 'Cause I live literally across the street. But wait, those are probably there for religious purposes, right, and not for samples? :/ I don't want to commit the Islamic equivalent of brushing my teeth in the holy water at a Catholic church...
    Last edited by Nanook; 9th October 2010 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanook View Post
    But wait, those are probably there for religious purposes, right, and not for samples? :/ I don't want to commit the Islamic equivalent of brushing my teeth in the holy water at a Catholic church...
    Perfumes are not part of the Islamic prayer. Hasupk@gmail.com may have been talking about either

A) An Islamic shop within or next to the Mosque OR

B) A small bottle left for other people to use before they pray
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani (sunnipath.com Question ID:3056)
    It is recommended to use perfume when going to gatherings of people, particularly to the mosque, and most particularly for Friday prayers and for the Eid prayers, as authentically established from the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace).
    I say go in and ask someone if there is an Islamic shop in there or somewhere near.

Im a big fan of the Islamic oils, Ive had both silver( still use it both oil and spray) and have had Khaliji and used it ironically on a trip to amsterdam; on this note for anyone interested and loves the smell of Khaliji al rehab also do a household spray of it too.

Oh and if anyone likes there females to smell like thierry mugler angel, al rehab (i think) do a fragrence called engel whcih is aimed at men but imo it smells just like the womens angel.

I recently was at a mosque and they had some Al Rehab roll ons (oil based) scents there to apply.
    Was that in LA???, if so, WHERE!!!!!!

It was actually in Orange County
    but let me guide you to a place where Al Rehab can be found VERY cheap, this is where I purchased my dozen 6ml oil bottles
    http://www.al-rashad.com/index.php?m...fee01d876ea48f
    they have other selections but seem to have most of the Rehab Oils
    Great prices, although their shipping was a tad slow, they must of been very busy as it took them almost 8 days to ship my items out ( I purchased about 4 other books as well, just to be fair)

Enjoy!

but let me guide you to a place where Al Rehab can be found VERY cheap, this is where I purchased my dozen 6ml oil bottles
    Great prices, although their shipping was a tad slow, they must of been very busy as it took them almost 8 days to ship my items out ( I purchased about 4 other books as well, just to be fair)

Enjoy!

Also, please leave me some, I have yet to try all of them

Hasupk: I did order already.

I order one of each: Dakar, Khaliji, Lady and Silver, Aseel was sold out, but I got Aseel oil in ebay.
    Thanks for the tip
    Last edited by PerfumeCollector; 16th October 2010 at 04:16 AM.

I liked Silver, but Aseel was just mind blowing, Imagine a clean soapy smelling yet dark and masculine Oud. I got home and purchased 12 6ml oil roll ons.
    It was that good!
    Can you do a mini review of those two, please ?

"No Pain, No Gain"

Morning Star

Was that in LA???, if so, WHERE!!!!!!
    I'm sure you can find a store selling all kinds of Middle Eastern fragrances if you drive down Brookhurst St in Garden Grove, between Chapman Ave and Ball Rd ("Little Arabia"), where there are dozens of Middle Eastern stores in mini-malls. I would start out by calling Jarir Bookstore [11107 Brookhurst St, Garden Grove CA (714.539.8100)] and Al-Hikma Bookstore [1224 S Brookhurst St, Anaheim CA (714.535.1900)]. The owner of the first is a very nice Sunni gentleman from Saudi Arabia / Lebanon named Mohammad. He's a bit of a fragrance hound himself, since he raved about a small atomizer of Tom Ford Oud Wood that I gave him. The owner of the second store is a Coptic Christian from Iraq, but who also sells lots of Fikh and Hadith volumes to the locals. Both of these men have been in the neighborhood for many years. If they don't sell Middle Eastern fragrances themselves, they know who in the neighborhood does. You could also order online from Al-Balagh Bookstore. They have a full range of the oil roll-ons you're looking for, and the order would arrive quickly since they ship out of Los Angeles.
    Last edited by Astaroth; 10th October 2010 at 08:42 AM.

Arrow Re: Al-Rehab Khaliji - er... wow.

dats great to hear that al rehaab colognes and oils are widely known....
    i personally use AL ASEEL from al rehaab....
    its very very nice fragrance....
    in my collection ive got 1 million, la nuit d L'homme, very sexy, polo black, play intense....
    BUT STILL I PREFER AL ASEEL from Al Rehaab.....
    i will also give a try to Al khaleeji as the Topic starter said...

Well, I've spent yesterday and today going back to the store that I visited several months ago, and the fragrances were indeed Al-Rehab EDPs. Thanks to abzr88, I also visited Islamic Impressions but their selection was a lot smaller than the other store's. However, between these two stores, I discovered a third store (one that I usually frequent for browsing) that also stocks Al-Rehab oils. Between them, they probably have a majority of the fragrances, in varying sizes and concentrations, so my head was spinning at the end of it all!

Before I go on, I'd like to stress that these fragrances are pretty good for the price but not necessarily holy grail material. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for. However, I'm hoping to find a gem or two out of the bunch I purchased today. I'm planning to use these as office scents (I've become sick and tired of dithering over my SOTD, early in the morning, and would like to deplete my main wardrobe at a much slower pace) and will update you all on my impressions, as and when I have the opportunity.

As for Al-Rehab, I did a side by side test of the EDPs and concentrated oils and, even though they are cheaper, found the oils to be longer lasting and richer. Now, that may not apply to every fragrance from the line but that enabled me to acquire more fragrances for a lot less money. As for the sizes and concentrations, the oils come in two sizes: 3ml (£1.00) and 6ml (£1.99 - £2.50). I think there's a larger size for the oils that I spotted on ebay but am not entirely sure. As for the EDPs, they're mainly available in 35ml bottles (£3.50 - £3.99). However, I did spot 8ml pen sprays of the EDPs, which looked a lot better than the 35 ml bottles (my main complaint about the packaging is the lack of care in which the labels are stuck on - many had already peeled off upon opening the boxes). I didn't ask about the price but the pen sprays looked really cool - translucent white plastic (?) with printed labelling instead of stickers (http://www.alrehab.com/pen%20perfume/penp.html).

As for the fragrances, I ended up buying six oils, which cost me just under £10. I did try Khaliji but it didn't really compel me to buy a bottle. It's definitely one of the better offerings but was too fresh (and a tad aquatic) for my liking. To be honest, I found the women's offerings more interesting than the men's. Anyway, here's what I purchased in the end:

Roses (6ml): A very true to life rose scent that smelt fuller than Montale's Highness Rose.

Aroosah (6ml): A lovely honeyed white floral, with possibly some woody or oud note in the mix.

Aseel (6ml): If it wasn't for some of the recommendations, above, I would have overlooked this one. Now, I know what all the fuss is about - it smells exactly like Montale's Red Aoud!

Shaikhah (6ml): A lovely floral-oud type scent that I liked immediately. unfortunately, I don't think it lasts as long as the others that I tried.

Roshan (3ml): A soft, almost powdery, woody-rose that may be one of my favourites.

Sondos (3ml): A lovely sweet and woody composition. Not sure if there's any synthetic sandalwood, if the name is anything to go by...

Others that left a reasonable impression included Sultan, which is a high-pitched cedar (and possibly oud) composition that's very much in the same spirit as Rochas' Lui. I also quite liked Bakhoor but the opening was too sharp and, although it eventually settled down, it's lasting power wasn't particularly great. Another one that I fleeting tried is called Windy, however I only saw it available as a pen spray (along with another one, called Champion). Red Rose was also quite nice but was more of a vibrant soliflore (slightly powdery too).

However, there were some stinkers: Saat Safa smelt very old-fashioned, Africana smelt of high-pitched apples and spices, Fruit smelt of rotting fruit and One Secret was a generic aquatic.

Here is the link for the EDPs (some are strangely absent): http://www.alrehab.com/35ml/50.html

Here are the links for the oils: http://www.alrehab.com/3ml%20perfume/3ml%20perfume.html and http://www.alrehab.com/6%20ml%20perfume/6ml.html.

I hope this helps!
    Last edited by Trebor; 10th October 2010 at 04:07 PM.

thanks a lot Trebor

Thank Astaroth, next time I go to LA I'll stop by the area you mention. I lived for 3 years in Kuwait so I learn to appreciate many things from the arab culture/customs. For sure I will find many things that I miss from that part of the world.

People should chip in and tell us what they think of Al-Rehab

"No Pain, No Gain"

It's been mentioned but yes silver smells exactly like silver mountain water. But the rest of his stuff stinks badly, i hate them. I don't have khaliji but i have just about all the rest of them i got last month. They all smell like women's perfumes, temples, and they are very powerful. Sillage monsters but unfortunately they all stink really bad. I asked a bunch of girls what they thought and none of them liked any, they shook their heads in disgust. I have havon, silver, Lord, al fares, chervil, sultan, zidan classic, max shandy, aseel. I forget the rest. I have the 35ml edp sprays. I also have one al-rehab concentrated one called naseem. It's also terrible. Terrible blind purchases. But maybe this Khaliji is the one good one. I just don't care to find out, i'm staying completely away from al-rehab after this disaster experience.

After reading this thread was totally intrigued by these scents.Excuse my thoughts as a relative newcomer--have been "lurking for a few months now".Managed to get these on ebay--ordered 12mls of the Aseel and 12mls of Al-Rehab Khaliji.I found the Aseel to be very potent in the opening for a good few minutes, but mellowed to a scent reminiscent of floral gums that we used to have as children.Much preferred the Al-Rehab Khaliji.A beautiful rose in the opening with the oudh shining through in the base.Not as good sillage or longevity as Aseel.

I have Sultan from Al-Rehab (EdP) and I like it (it's with a lot of cedar and frankincense,
    a little bit sharp, great sillage, acceptable longevity).
    Another one from Al-Rehab which I like (I bought it in Syria some years ago)
    is Mukhalat al-Oud (oil). It is really worth a try (floral/fruity oud).

Hasupk: I did order already.

I order one of each: Dakar, Khaliji, Lady and Silver, Aseel was sold out, but I got Aseel oil in ebay.
    Thanks for the tip
    I got my order in the mail yesterday. Try Khaliji right away and it is very good, but I should note that the spicy note is not cumin, but cardamom, the cardamom note is dominant and lasts all day long, Not bad, but not mind blowing like it was suggested. My wife tried Lady and we were disapointed, it is NOT an arab or middle eastern scent at all, it smells very much like a french scent, and longevity was poor. Now Aseel is another thing, no wander it was sold out, it is ARAB (yes capitalized) to the bone, screams Aoud so loudly that puts Khaliji and Lady to the shame. LOVED IT.
    Silver is not bad, but it does NOT resemble Silver Water Mountain at all, it is good by itself and it is very unique, it it reminds me of anything I would say Infusion d'Homme by Prada.
    Next will be Dakar, I hope it is at least as good as Silver.

I got my order in the mail yesterday. Try Khaliji right away and it is very good, but I should note that the spicy note is not cumin, but cardamom, the cardamom note is dominant and lasts all day long, Not bad, but not mind blowing like it was suggested. My wife tried Lady and we were disapointed, it is NOT an arab or middle eastern scent at all, it smells very much like a french scent, and longevity was poor. Now Aseel is another thing, no wander it was sold out, it is ARAB (yes capitalized) to the bone, screams Aoud so loudly that puts Khaliji and Lady to the shame. LOVED IT.
    Silver is not bad, but it does NOT resemble Silver Water Mountain at all, it is good by itself and it is very unique, it it reminds me of anything I would say Infusion d'Homme by Prada.
    Next will be Dakar, I hope it is at least as good as Silver.
    This must be a batch thing then because I distinctly smell cumin - I know the difference between cardamom and cumin.

I tried Dakar today, it is a very good fragrance, but it is NOT middle eastern either, actually it smells pretty much like Drakkar Noir (maybe that's the reason it is called Dakar) in the opening, then it goes thru a heavy "green" stage to finish very coniferous. The only one of the lot that reminded me of the smells of Kuwait, The Arab Emirates and Bahrain was Aseel, very arab indeed.
    I went to the kitchen, picked up a flask of cardamom and a flask of cumin and compared Khaliji directly against them and it is cardamom without a doubt.

I ordered Silver and it should be arriving Monday. I am very well acquainted with Silver Mountain Water so I'll be sure to post my findings.

*EDIT*

Got it today. I dunno -- I think it *does* smell like SMW. Not an exact copy of course. This one is slightly more sweet to my nose, perhaps more citrus. It's pretty strong, but airy at the same time. Kind of difficult to describe. I think it causes some olfactory fatigue on me because it doesn't smell that strong to me after a few minutes, but others have said "WOAH" easy on the cologne, dude. Two people agreed that it smelled like a woman's perfume. That comment did not phase me and I wholeheartedly disagree.

I like it a lot and think it's a terrific value for the price. I can easily see myself using this in lieu of SMW (yes, the horror, I know). SMW gives me a "slight" headache when wearing this, but this one so far has been smoother on my sinuses.
    Last edited by atrac; 19th October 2010 at 12:39 AM.

So today was "the search for Al-Rehab in Los Angeles" day for me. I first hit Zam Zam Perfumes in Inglewood: http://www.zamzamperfumes.com/ and all they had were jugs of their own and some Indian perfume oils behind the counter. I was just staring at them, a bit overwhelmed, when a guy walks in and delivers four 6ml roll-on bottle displays of perfume oils, a few of which are Al-Rehab, none of which I recognized. I ended up buying a bottle of Randa for $5 because everyone was so nice and helpful. It smelled OK in the bottle, but on my arm it is reminding me of a NYC taxi cab air freshener. I asked the guys there if there were any other places that had a bigger selection of Al-Rehab, and they directed me to the Islamic Center on 4th and Vermont: http://www.islamctr.org/about.asp . They have a book shop there with a very nice selection of oils behind the counter, and the gentleman who showed me to it said it was OK if I went back there to check them out. Jackpot! They had at least a dozen different Al-Rehabs, as well as several other brands of oils and perfumes. No Khaliji, alas, but I ended up getting 3ml bottles of Aseel (last one, sorry!) and my favorite: Mokhalat Al-Oud for $3.50 apiece. He also said it was OK if I took a pic:

Enjoy!
    I expect plenty of business coming their way soon!!!