Code of Conduct

Default Help! Bottle LEAKING like there's no tomorrow

Just opened the newly arrived sealed PM, and the rubber flask is killing me. When I press to spray, instead of a normal spray amount that comes out of any other bottle, I get just a faint tiny little amount, like maybe 5% of a normal spray. Then, to my horror, I'm finding the juice leaking to the bottom and outer (front glass) parts of the flask, and it does not seem to stop leaking. The leak if not huge, but it continues to wet the bottle as I wipe it several times. I'm guessing that the other 95% of the juice is leaking while only 5% made it out of the nozzle

Has anyone had such issues with the rubber flask? I've never used one before (though I have tested them in store and it felt more normal then), maybe I'm somehow not spraying correctly? This is turning out to be a nightmare, and I'm seriously considering removing the rubber and getting the bottle inside by itself (can I do that?) to see if spray mechanism will improve.

Default Re: Help! Bottle LEAKING like there's no tomorrow

you got this from fragrancenet? (just wondering!)

Quote Originally Posted by remixx View Post
    you got this from fragrancenet? (just wondering!)
    Nope. It would appear FragranceNet dont have it in stock.

Im sorry to hear about your troubles karisuma. If it is constantly leaking, then I suggest you store it in a basin or bowl or similar, so that the juice can be collected. I would write to your supplier immediately, with photos and try to get a replacement.

Did not get it from FragranceNet. Have just read the stories related to that.

It's not leaking to the point of dripping, but enough to wet the bottle. I have just read one member's advice to cut open the rubber flask to improve the spray mechanism, so I will probably try that unless I receive other advices.

I loved the appearance of the rubber flask, but could not have forseen its difficult usage.

Rather than deface the presentation, would it not be wiser to return the bottle and request a replacement? Why should you have to live with a substandard product?

I've never had those types of problems with any of my TM rubber flasks. You almost always have to really give the button a good press (harder than you would for most fragrance bottles) to get a good spray or the juice will just kind of spittle out. If you are pressing fairly hard and it is leaking like that, I would definately return it. Even if you got it for a good price, you shouldn't settle for a crappy bottle. Also, if you cut the rubber flask and that doesn't help, you probably will not be able to return it and will be stuck with a bottle that is going to leak out more juice than you are going to get to wear. So don't cut it. Just my opinion on the matter.

I bought it from a member here as part of a lot. The bottle was sealed and well packed; the juice is full and seems authentic. Only problem is the spray mechanism. I believe the seller is not at fault for anything he could have done. I don't think this is a case where I can "return" it, unfortunately.

Before I cut open the rubber flask, I'm thinking of using a pin to get the nozzle hole more open, and see if that'll help.