Code of Conduct

Question HELP please, I'm confused!

Hello!

First of all, my english is bad so I'll try my best to be able to be understood. Ok heres my prob. I'm very confused so I need your opinions guys. I always heard that to be sure that a cologne fit good on you and that its a nice cologne for you, you should not smell it yourself when you wear it. I heard that when you are always smelling the cologne you are wearing thats because this cologne is not made for you. Well, WTF is this?! I mean, then why, all the cologne I used that made me very good compliments from both womens and mens was the cologne that I was always smelling when I was wearing it? (and its the one I also prefered myself). But when I wore the cologne that I was not able to smell by myself once wearing it, I never got any compliments at all or they told me my other cologne was better...

Why do you explain that?! So according to my experiences, all the "supposed-to-be-good-for-me-since-I-don't-smell-them" was in fact not the best, and all the cologne that was "supposed-to-be-not-for-me-since-I-was-always-smelling-them-on-me" was the ones I got all the compliments and the ones I really loved the smell! So the trick of "to know if a cologne is made to fit with you you should not smell it" is bulshit?

Should I stop wearing all those cologne I always smell when wearing it?

Please help me, I'm confused

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Default Re: HELP please, I'm confused!

I've never heard that advice before. The only way to not smell your fragrance on yourself would be #1. you're not wearing enough #2. you're wearing too much and you don't notice it any more because your nose is blocking it out #3. It's not a well made fragrance and it's going away too fast.

All of those are bad.

I personally say to pick something where you enjoy smelling yourself!
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    I've never heard that advice before. The only way to not smell your fragrance on yourself would be #1. you're not wearing enough #2. you're wearing too much and you don't notice it any more because your nose is blocking it out #3. It's not a well made fragrance and it's going away too fast.

All of those are bad.

I personally say to pick something where you enjoy smelling yourself!
    omg! lol well, I was heard the advice by all the sellers in the perfumery shop, or the cosmeticians....

Well, the I will probably still use the ones I like

^ and you should,
    Win someone over with your personality and wear fragrance that make you feel good about yourself instead of what other people 'might enjoy' would be a better idea. Unless you're planning to be one walking fragrance diffuser thing....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by coolboy153 View Post
    omg! lol well, I was heard the advice by all the sellers in the perfumery shop, or the cosmeticians....

Well, the I will probably still use the ones I like
    What on earth are these people talking about?!? Where would the pleasure be if none of us could smell our own fragrances? Basenotes would not even exist! Keep wearing & enjoying what you love & ignore that crazy talk!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

You should definitely, try the scent on your skin before you buy it. Your chemistry can turn a beautiful scent, bad. My chemistry makes scents sweeter. You should experiment with scent placement and error on too little. Usually, oilier, moister areas will hold the scent longer. You should be able to smell it, nicely, but chances are if you smell it strongly, others may as well. Practice and it will be fine.