Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Pure Malt Re-Release?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzr4xpnMXx4

I feel sorry for those people who stocked up. Now their bottles aren't worth any more than they paid. I feel even more sorry for people who paid >$70 for it.

That's only if it's true that they will re-release.

Just an FYI thanks to Tim so nobody gets ripped off on ebay or other sites by paying $80 or more for it.

Default Re: Pure Malt Re-Release?

I hope it gets re-released. But since with summer coming up and this being a fall/winter frag I have a feeling my bottle is gonna last a few years for me

I hope the dreamer doesn't get discontinued!!! AHHHHH!!! I don't have enough money to buy a backup bottle right now either! Don't do this to me Versace!

Dam i was actually going to pick up another bottle. Cause i heard at Macys they saying that the dreamer is going to be discontinued as well. Might have to pick one up

I really hope they re-release Pure Malt, it's a fragrance I really want to try.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

With Liberty and Gourmands For All

Is it confirmed the dreamer is discontinued then?

Honestly if it's not confirmed, then why even mention it
    it could drive you to do some silly calculations
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

I'd be very surprised if Dreamer was discontinued. I'd thought it was one of their best sellers.

I just got an Email from Customer service. PM will NOT be re-released.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasupk@gmail.com View Post
    Honestly if it's not confirmed, then why even mention it
    it could drive you to do some silly calculations
    I was already on ebay looking to stock up on Dreamer...

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    I just got an Email from Customer service. PM will NOT be re-released.
    Exactly what I thought when I clicked the video to find a dude sitting on his own twin size bed making the statement.... :/

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Exactly what I thought when I clicked the video to find a dude sitting on his own twin size bed making the statement.... :/
    hahahahah....that makes two of us

Hey hey, that dude is Tim, he's a great reviewer.

He was saying PM will be re-re-released according to some other person who supposedly got an email from TM Customer Service. He even forwarded the email to Tim (although, it could be fake?)

Or maybe the Rep that emailed me is 1) misinformed or 2) it will be re-released but she doesn't like me and just saying it won't be re-released because I've been bugging her about sending me a sample of Pure Malt.
    Last edited by G Man; 23rd March 2010 at 01:12 AM.

Smile Re: Pure Malt Re-Release?

Hey hey, that dude is Tim, he's a great reviewer.

He was saying PM will be re-re-released according to some other person who supposedly got an email from TM Customer Service. He even forwarded the email to Tim (although, it could be fake?)

Or maybe the Rep that emailed me is 1) misinformed or 2) it will be re-released but she doesn't like me and just saying it won't be re-released because I've been bugging her about sending me a sample of Pure Malt.
    Hey-hey...no offense to Tim, but he is, after all, a you-tube-home-bedroom-webcam-reviewer...

I just find it funny that anytime someone here mentions something about speculating that possibly maybe sometime soon something might likely be discontinued....I head straight to ebay and contemplate buying a backup before any of you guys snap them all up....

But then again maybe I should snap up any Dreamers I can get my hands on...Tim could indeed have the inside scoop, and isn't Thierry Mugler himself another youtube fragrance correspondent? I shouldn't have backed up all those Malt's. Hopefully they will age well
    Last edited by scentaddiction; 23rd March 2010 at 01:45 AM.

Why are you regretting stocking up the Malts?

I just posted that a customer service rep said it will NOT be re-released / (smile depends if you have bottles or not)
    Last edited by G Man; 23rd March 2010 at 03:34 AM.

Why are you regretting stocking up the Malts?

I just posted that a customer service rep said it will NOT be re-released / (smile depends if you have bottles or not)
    no regrets at all...even if they are re-released, I bought them at regular retail, and I will use em up. I love that stuff...

Whats funny is, does anyone remember those 1980's dolls called Cabbage Patch kids? My sister had loads of them, and Pure Malt reminds me of the plastic smell on those dolls...extremely random association, I know.

I actually contacted customer service at TM and they indeed told me the same. Pure Malt will not be re-released this year or any time in the near future. It's such a shame too, this fragrance is so amazing! I feel bad for all those guys who held off on it and never got there hands on it just to find out that it's pretty much sold out everywhere! I know of some people who bought that stuff by the dozens just to resell it and make a profit, in a way it's cruel to those who didn't get the chance to buy it, but hey, I guess that's business.

I'm surprised that you guys actually got a response back from TM customer service. I emailed them last night asking various questions about Pure Coffee, Pure Malt, and Sunessence and got a 1 sentence response that basically said "Go to the store and try them for yourself." ??

Quote Originally Posted by Shaheen View Post
    I'm surprised that you guys actually got a response back from TM customer service. I emailed them last night asking various questions about Pure Coffee, Pure Malt, and Sunessence and got a 1 sentence response that basically said "Go to the store and try them for yourself." ??

Really? That sounds odd. I've contacted customer service various times now and they're always really good about replying to me in a polite and qucik fashion. I wonder why they went about the way they did with you?

Was chilly out today so I figured I would rock some Pure Malt today, man I love this stuff lol

Quote Originally Posted by jcastano View Post
    Really? That sounds odd. I've contacted customer service various times now and they're always really good about replying to me in a polite and qucik fashion. I wonder why they went about the way they did with you?
    I don't know, but I was quite disappointed, as TM is my favorite fragrance company. I may just call them on the phone tomorrow.

I don't know, but I was quite disappointed, as TM is my favorite fragrance company. I may just call them on the phone tomorrow.
    Yeah, emails are so limited. I've found that they're at there best when you call them. Thierry Mugler is also one of my favs so I too am very disappointed to hear how they replied to you. If they continue this rude customer service, I'm sure they'll eventually lose most of their customers.

Was your representative Melissa by any chance? :\

I got the same one liner answer basically.

Yep. Same lady:

Melisa Alexander
    Thierry Mugler | 1 Park Avenue | New York, NY 10016
    1.866.T.MUGLER | Fax: 212.754.0977

Either they are so busy that she was instructed to not respond to specific questions, or this particular representative sucks at their job and just doesn't care about customer service.

Yeah, Melissa is the one! Yes always so polite to me, I'm not sure why she's been giving you guys bad service. Maybe she's overwhelmed at the moment?

Yeah, Melissa is the one! Yes always so polite to me, I'm not sure why she's been giving you guys bad service. Maybe she's overwhelmed at the moment?
    I have had only good customer service from Melisa as well. My guess is that they are indeed overwhelmed or have just very recently changed the free sample policy. There have been several Youtube videos in the past month or so on the subject of getting free samples from TM customer service and at least one video posted the direct email address to request them. The videos have gotten around 1000 views so I can only imagine they are swamped with requests and might actually be out of stock. I would wait a while and then maybe try again.

Melissa is the one who gave me lots of samples too.

Melisa Alexander

Yup, got the same one-liner from her as the rest of you guys. Very disappointed in the response.

Ah yes I got the same response. "Please visit your nearest Thierry Mugler retailer for sampling purposes" from Melissa. Not sure of any TM retailers that carry Pure Malt though--I've only visited Sephora, Nordstroms, and Macys for fragrances.

Feels good to own a bottle and a bunch of samples.

I've sent email to TM to and don't even get a reply

I can understand changing the free sample policy due to excessive demand and such, but damn, at least answer my freakin questions!

Quote Originally Posted by jasonx View Post
    I've sent email to TM to and don't even get a reply
    Same here

I emailed them for samples and they also told me to go to the stores to try them, but then i asked them if there was going to be any new releases and they told me to be on the look out for new summer and fall editions. So who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by I Sonny I View Post
    I emailed them for samples and they also told me to go to the stores to try them, but then i asked them if there was going to be any new releases and they told me to be on the look out for new summer and fall editions. So who knows.
    The new summer edition is A*Men Sunessence. There is a thread about it here on Basenotes. Right now it is only being sold at Nordstrom's. It looks like the Ice Men bottle but people who tried it said it is a lot different.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

I'm holding out for the re-re-re-release.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

I emailed them again, asking what the new fall fragrance will be and they said that they will be releasing information in September.

Quote Originally Posted by I Sonny I View Post
    I emailed them again, asking what the new fall fragrance will be and they said that they will be releasing information in September.
    I really wonder what they meant by that. Hmmmmm, Pure Malt may be a possibility!

I really wonder what they meant by that. Hmmmmm, Pure Malt may be a possibility!
    No, a new fall flanker.

Pure Vodka??

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    hahahahaha true....

My guess is that it'll be a Pure Malt variation the way Sunessence is a variation of Ice Men which is a variation of Summer Flash. See a pattern? That would explain why customer service is saying it is not (technically) coming back. It's a tricky way of having a release remain a limited edition, just bring it out again with a different name or minor variation. TM knows what a hit Pure Malt was, they're not going to miss capitalizing on it.

Just to update about the sample from TM. I've just got A*Men Sunessence and Mugler Cologne vials from them.

thank god i got a bottle of each just in case

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNY911 View Post
    My guess is that it'll be a Pure Malt variation the way Sunessence is a variation of Ice Men which is a variation of Summer Flash. See a pattern? That would explain why customer service is saying it is not (technically) coming back. It's a tricky way of having a release remain a limited edition, just bring it out again with a different name or minor variation. TM knows what a hit Pure Malt was, they're not going to miss capitalizing on it.
    I agree. I never picked up a full bottle of PM(TV was my go to winter scent), but am counting on a similar good scent for the fall.
    I post lots from my I phone so if this looks like a text message that's why ( :

are ice men and sunessence the same?

Blog Entries

how much was Pure Malt originally? if TM releases another winter frag similar to PM, im buying it for SURE. from what ive heard PM was amazing so i dont wanna miss out haha. time to stash away for the potentiality....
    Last edited by Neurosis; 4th May 2010 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    are ice men and sunessence the same?

No not at all. Sunessence is like a watered down version of Angel for men. It takes out the tar notes and leaves the mint and chocolate notes. It is not very good IMO, It lacks, smells like a bottle of Angel for men that has gone bad from being left in the heat. The only thing Sunessence and Ice man have in common is the bottle is the same as the IceMan, It is more on par with Angel for men. As for pure malt I spoke with a sales person at the Thierry Mugler Counter at the Bay downtown Toronto, and it is getting re-released this fall 2010. No one is saying it's a variation, but that it's the original pure malt. I have never heard anything on a variation. I don't think that would be a smart move seeing PM was so succesful and to take a chance on a varition that could flop wouldn't be good. They usually do varition on the staple house colognes, like Angel, but not a variation on a limited editon. Don't like the colour though, yellow? not very appealing to the eye in IMO. But the only angel bottle I liked was the chrome star case you buy as an extra to replace the rubber one. The IceMan bottles are nothing special either IMO.

I just spoke to the head office for Thierry Mugler in Quebec and Pure Malt is officially get re-released in Sept 2010 is what I was told.

Smile Re: Pure Malt Re-Release?

Thierry Mugler has confirmed that Pure Malt will be re-released this fall. Here is a copy of the actual email they sent me when I asked them:

Hello,

A*MEN Pure Malt will be available in the 2010 Fall season.

Kind regards,

Melisa Alexander

This was received on 7/22/2010.

Cool. I'll finally get to try this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by greenslimemoose View Post
    I just spoke to the head office for Thierry Mugler in Quebec and Pure Malt is officially get re-released in Sept 2010 is what I was told.
    i found some in duty free, i thought it would be shut down. oh well. the jokes on me.

Blog Entries

How much would this retail for at saaaay Macy's?

You crazy guys and the Pure Malt threads. Now I have to try this.

Neurosis, probably 60-70 unless he trys to step it up and put a premium price on it.

Quote Originally Posted by gourmand View Post
    No, a new fall flanker.
    I e-mailed them in response to this. I got:

Thank you for your interst in Thierry Mugler. There are no new men's fragrances ready to release any time soon.

Kind regards,

Melisa Alexander
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Regardless if it's re-released or not, I don't think it's necessarily a negative thing for people purchasing it at a higher price now. The difference is, people who pay a bit more get to enjoy this fragrance now, while others may be waiting to save a few bucks.

I've spent thousands on computer upgrades that decrease in value rapidly over time, but at the time I had it, it was the best.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    You crazy guys and the Pure Malt threads. Now I have to try this.

Neurosis, probably 60-70 unless he trys to step it up and put a premium price on it.
    Personally i find Pure Malt over rated but the more i sample it, the more and more i love it

if its like A*Men's 3.4oz i'd have to drop $80 on it (hence my signature)

Quote Originally Posted by jreily1988 View Post
    Thierry Mugler has confirmed that Pure Malt will be re-released this fall. Here is a copy of the actual email they sent me when I asked them:

Hello,

A*MEN Pure Malt will be available in the 2010 Fall season.

Kind regards,

Melisa Alexander

This was received on 7/22/2010.
    +1 I got the same email a few days ago.

That being said, I finally sampled this yesterday and after all the hype I found myself disappointed. It smelled like the middle of the road between Sunessence and A Men.

I'm glad I didn't dish out the big money on this, and now that I've smelled it, I don't even think I'll pick it up this fall.

Huh....three guys with a combined post count of 11 all got an email saying it will be re-released. Everyone else got one saying it won't.