Code of Conduct

Default Nautica Latitude Longitude

AHHHHHHHHHH!

Ok, so here's the story.. I'm in the garage (which is turned into a guest room) and on a shelf in there I find this Nautica fragrance that I remember my bro and father used to wear. I saw it about a year ago and tried a little on and remember it being sort of gothic. So I take some now, two sprays on the forearm. Putrid. Rancid. Oh man, this may be one of the worst openings I can think of. It literally smells like old piss. You know how when you let piss sit for a little while.. it takes on this soury sweet odor; yes this smells exactly like sitting piss. I held out though and let it sit for a few more minutes, it became a little floral and reminded me of a mix between Vera Wang for men (minus the vanilla) and the middle notes of CK's Euphoria. This is the highlight of the fragrance I think. Then I smell blood and rust. A lot of rust. So I take my nose away for a few minutes (thankfully this doesn't project much, so my nose gets a break) I take another whiff and now get all of the above. Rust, blood, flowers, and piss.. oh ya and some patchouli now. It feels ancient as well, what a scent of the morning though. I'm gonna go scrub this off my forearm now, just wanted to share this.

Other notes:
    It smells a lot like Navy for Men in the opening.
    The base cleans up a lot eventually and becomes a little bit of a barbershop/fresh scent; though a blood and rust accord still lingers.

Has anybody else tried this stuff?

Default Re: Nautica Latitude Longitude

Is that the blue bottle with the metal bottom? If so, I don't recall the piss opening, but a very synthetic citrus/floral opening that... ok. It did sorta remind you of stale piss.

Strangely enough, I remember liking it. During the same time I liked Zino too... what's up with those nasty openings?

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    Is that the blue bottle with the metal bottom? If so, I don't recall the piss opening, but a very synthetic citrus/floral opening that... ok. It did sorta remind you of stale piss.

Strangely enough, I remember liking it. During the same time I liked Zino too... what's up with those nasty openings?
    LOL.. Yup, same bottle. It's actually going for some ridiculous prices now.

Beats me what you guys are smelling, or what urine smells like in your neck of the woods.

I tend to use Latitude Longitude on hot summer days, as a more full bodied scent than the straight citrus ones.
    The one thing I don't like about it is it's aftershave gel - it stings like hell.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    The one thing I don't like about it is it's aftershave gel - it stings like hell.
    Renato
    Holy sh!t, you're not lying about that aftershave gel. I have some of that and it's putting army ants on your face!

I have a bottle of Latitude Longitude. I bought it several years ago--I was wearing a sample and my best friend complimented me on the way it smelled, so I went out and bought a bottle. I never wore it much, because there was always something a bit mass-market about the way it smelled.

Looking back, it's a nice spin on the theme from Polo. it's got a nice watery-patchouli interplay. I think one of the things that bugged me was the bottle. It had a goofy twist on/off mechanism, and the weird metal base of the bottle just got on my nerves for some reason. My bottle is pretty much 99% full and smells great (no piss notes for me) --I think I'm going to start wearing this from time to time.

I used to wear this all of the time but now the small amount in my bottle is not any good.

If anyone wants to donate some to bring me back to the old days feel free. This is way overpriced for what it is.
    Will work for Samples/Decants

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    I think one of the things that bugged me was the bottle. It had a goofy twist on/off mechanism, and the weird metal base of the bottle just got on my nerves for some reason. My bottle is pretty much 99% full and smells great (no piss notes for me) --I think I'm going to start wearing this from time to time.
    My bottle just has the big pump cap on it - that looks like a covering cap that should be pulled off to get to the regular sized one underneath. Half the time that I reach for the bottle, I wind up pulling the cap off to reveal the nozzle underneath.
    Renato