Code of Conduct

Default Guerlain Collection Privee

I searched for this at basenotes, but couldn`t find any thread, which is quite interesting, since we have a few guerlain afficionados here.

The "Collection Privée"

A unique and exclusive original creation

With a total creative freedom, the Collection Privée offers original creations, composed, down to the tiniest detail, with the virtuosity of a Michelin-starred chef.
    The secret recipe of these perfumes will be kept in the strictest confidence. With the exception of the person who becomes its exclusive owner, no one will be told its formula and no member of the general public will have access to it. Discovering the jewels of the Collection Privée is a privilege. Only a few GUERLAIN experts in the world offer these treasures. Once a scent is adopted, it disappears from the collection.
    Each fragrance of the Collection Privée comes in two liters, packaged in the famous historic “four-lobed” bottles of Maison GUERLAIN, made of Baccarat crystal.

This description is from the guerlain website:
    http://www.guerlain.com/int/en/base....ection-privee/

Does anyone know when this fragrance collection was launched?
    I know that there are twelve different fragrances on this collection and three of them are BAYDA, CUTE and ZEINA.
    They`re very expensive too, 25000 euros for the 2L bottle :S

Default Re: Guerlain Collection Privee

Ask our friend Steven Rick... I believe they have these in store

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    Ask our friend Steven Rick... I believe they have these in store
    Dimmy, i only become aware of this collection because of him They have three of the twelve at the store.

Now i`m curious to see if someone have already saw this at guerlain in france or in other exclusive shops

Basenotes Institution

*When* I win the lottery - I now know where the money's going to !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Blog Entries

Someone recently mentioned smelling one of these in Las Vegas...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Blog Entries

Fess up you afficienados. I am dying to know who buys this kind of thing.

Basenotes Institution

So the fragrance(s) are made for one person, and then no one else can buy that particular one again?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    So the fragrance(s) are made for one person, and then no one else can buy that particular one again?
    Exactly. Only the person that bought it at the first time can buy it again.
    Although each fragrance comes in a Baccarat bottle of 500 ml, 20 smaller bottles of 60ml and 3 bottles of 30ml, in Baccarat Crystal. You could buy it and then share with some people. although be still costly...

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    *When* I win the lottery - I now know where the money's going to !
    This is also my lottery dream too (that also comes with a shelf full of amouages )

Blog Entries

I just asked about these at the SF Guerlain boutique. They don't have any or have testers or any info, but apparently the head of Guerlain (the lady who goes around making recommendations - some here have met with her) will be coming to SF in a couple of weeks, and she's the one who actually sells those. She said she had heard that they're "in the $400,000 range."

As a side note, they had received one of those amazing bee-shaped bottles (the one in Dimitri's avatar), but it sold immediately to a collector. She did have an opportunity to smell it and she said it was amazing. She described it as light but effusive, like something that wouldn't feel loud but would still fill a room. But that's all the info I could get out of her...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    I just asked about these at the SF Guerlain boutique. They don't have any or have testers or any info, but apparently the head of Guerlain (the lady who goes around making recommendations - some here have met with her) will be coming to SF in a couple of weeks, and she's the one who actually sells those. She said she had heard that they're "in the $400,000 range."

As a side note, they had received one of those amazing bee-shaped bottles (the one in Dimitri's avatar), but it sold immediately to a collector. She did have an opportunity to smell it and she said it was amazing. She described it as light but effusive, like something that wouldn't feel loud but would still fill a room. But that's all the info I could get out of her...
    She is absolutely right, l'abeille is light but very effusive. It's incredible how fresh, slightly honeyed, lovely floral is this one. I was gifted with a sample of this one at my last purchase, and all i can say is that i envy who can afford buy it, because it's the beauty of an angel translated into fragrance.

[COMMENT]She is absolutely right, l'abeille is light but very effusive. It's incredible how fresh, slightly honeyed, lovely floral is this one. I was gifted with a sample of this one at my last purchase, and all i can say is that i envy who can afford buy it, because it's the beauty of an angel translated into fragrance.[/COMMENT]

This is an absolutely beautiful description!

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    ...She said she had heard that they're "in the $400,000 range."..
    OMG. How decadent!

At those prices, i prefer largely going to the custom fragrance service ! At least it will be entirely created depending my tastes.
    400,000 usd seem me crazy as the custom fragrance are cheaper than that...

They are not the only house to do that, i remember the PG Tubéreuse couture was initially created for a fortuned frnech woman, thay later with her autorisation put it on the market.