Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Talking Hey B'noters, where are my A&F experts at? So I found this Abercrombie & Fitch "Fierce"

bottle of cologne, 1.7 oz, at a thrift store.

The bottle has the usual bare male torso on the back.

The front though has no wording or anything at all on the front, is it possible to scrape Abercrombie & Fitch off or did they ever sell the bottle with a clear front side?

The only way one would be able to tell it is A&F if they have never seen a Fierce bottle is the clear label on the bottom which says:

COLOGNE FOR MEN
    1.7fl/50mL
    Made in the USA Dist. in USA
    by Abercrombie & Fitch Columbus OH 43054
    Caution: FLAMMABLE

Also, the male torso image is on a label applied to the bottle, are true A&F bottles' torso images applied onto the bottle or on a label applied to the bottle?

Any help would be great, later Bnoters!!

Default Re: Hey B'noters, where are my A&F experts at? So I found this Abercrombie & Fitch "Fierce"

I think that's the toxic one where it shrivels your nuts.....
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Default Re: Hey B'noters, where are my A&F experts at? So I found this Abercrombie & Fitch "Fierce"

Well my bottle that I have had for a year or so now does seem like the front letters could be scratched off and the male torso is a sticker. Only difference is the bottom from your description, mine mentions nothing about Ohio but says it is distributed from New York, NY. It also mentions A&F London. I also got mine from the A&F website. Don't know if that helps or not

Post Thanks / Like

I can't tell whether this is a joke thread or not. But back in highschool Fierce was a huge hit with the ladies.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to work for A&F so I can help here.

First, the Fierce on the front could be scratched off, but more than likely there'd be marks on the bottle if someone actively tried to scratch it off. A&F never sold bottles without any wording on it. Testers in the store were just actual bottles, and the room spray bottles were totally different plastic bottles with higher concentrated juice (wish they sold this stuff instead.)

Second, the torso is applied by label and always has been. But they changed the picture.
    Is it thiis: http://p1.hotornot.com/bl/brands/NLG...KBYWLSBQBX.jpg (older original one)
    or is it this: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3512/...8d00fc6d84.jpg (2nd one used)
    or is it this: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg (most recent)
    Also compare the cap to those pictures.

Third, A&F has offices in both Columbus (headquarters) and NYC. In the past few years they started relabeling everything as coming from NYC. So if your bottle is the second or third pictured torso, the Columbus label would make less sense. If it's the first, it definitely does. Either way, just smell the juice. If it smells right, you should be OK.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm about to compliment those of you that chipped in some great info.............so don't let it go to your head.

You rock! Thank you guys for going through the trouble of pulling out your own bottles and looking up some serious info.

If I had a million dollars.........I would surely wave at you guys as I passed by!
    HeeHee.....thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

When I checked out the bottle for the first time there was some red paint(?) left on there and the first picture shows red outlined lettering, Thanks fitch256, you put my mind at ease.
    Quote Originally Posted by fitch256 View Post
    I used to work for A&F so I can help here.

First, the Fierce on the front could be scratched off, but more than likely there'd be marks on the bottle if someone actively tried to scratch it off. A&F never sold bottles without any wording on it. Testers in the store were just actual bottles, and the room spray bottles were totally different plastic bottles with higher concentrated juice (wish they sold this stuff instead.)

Second, the torso is applied by label and always has been. But they changed the picture.
    Is it thiis: http://p1.hotornot.com/bl/brands/NLG...KBYWLSBQBX.jpg (older original one)
    or is it this: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3512/...8d00fc6d84.jpg (2nd one used)
    or is it this: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg (most recent)
    Also compare the cap to those pictures.

Third, A&F has offices in both Columbus (headquarters) and NYC. In the past few years they started relabeling everything as coming from NYC. So if your bottle is the second or third pictured torso, the Columbus label would make less sense. If it's the first, it definitely does. Either way, just smell the juice. If it smells right, you should be OK.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It does help, thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Just goes to show that if you ask the right people, you can get an answer to virtually ANY question on the Internet.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Post Thanks / Like

if its red paint its an older bottle, probably before it was reformulated to its current shitty state. columbus ohio sticker also makes sense.