Code of Conduct

Default Rochas Tocade - Help!

Hi all. I'm a little puzzled by my bottle of Tocade. I ordered it online back when I was a newbie 'fumie, and didn't think to check the retailer's reviews until after I'd purchased. Reading all of the bad reports, I didn't expect to receive anything, ever, but three months down the line this turned up:

Every other bottle of Tocade I've seen online has the blue and red cap, but mine is amber! But then, every bottle of Tocade I've seen online is either 50ml or 100ml, and mine is 30ml. Is that why? The box is truly ancient (that picture does not accurately convey its ancientness), and the juice has little floaters in it. It smells like Tocade, especially in the drydown. You know how the topnotes fall away in a vintage? It's like that.

So, basically, I'm hoping somebody here can tell me if a) I got ripped off, or b) I inadvertently bought vintage Tocade. Please help!

Default Re: Rochas Tocade - Help!

mel_lou,
    I bought two bottles of Tocade last year at a discounter (TJMaxx). The first time it was a 30 ml bottle that looked just like yours, as did the box. However, mine was missing the cap, so it may have been like that one but who knows? Later that year, I bought a 50 ml Tocade with cap. As you said, the cap is a blue one. The box is the same. I have recently seen Tocade at a perfume kiosk and the box has changed. Don't know if this helps any.

Thank you, carolina girl! Welcome to Basenotes.

I hope the missing cap was amber coloured, though as you say, we'll never know. You bought two bottles - big fan of Tocade?

I had a tiny bottle of Tocade that looks exactly like yours, cap and all. This was 5 or 6 years ago, I believe it's no longer made (the 30ml). Mine was fine, smelled exactly like Tocade in Sephora. I'm not a fan and I gave it away.

Quote Originally Posted by mel_lou View Post
    Thank you, carolina girl! Welcome to Basenotes.

I hope the missing cap was amber coloured, though as you say, we'll never know. You bought two bottles - big fan of Tocade?
    I had read the Turin/Sanchez book and was just really getting into the collecting. When I found the lone small bottle of Tocade, I snatched it up. It grew on me, and by the time I saw the larger bottle, I wanted it. I have bought several bottles blind and then taken time to explore them. Most of the time, I enjoy the ride and want to keep experiencing the scent. Occasionally, I find the scent "not me at all" and it goes to the back of my collection.

I think that Tocade just has more than one possible cap color .I saw a set of three Tocade minis in packaging on ebay and the caps were blue,red,and amber each cap a different color.

I've also seen mini sets with different coloured caps. Dont know if yours is vintage, but if you want 100ml (fresh with no floaters !) you can get it from cheapsmells.com. I got my last 2 bottles from there for around 20 - both of my boxes were the same as yours.

bookwyrmsmith and indigo, thanks very much for the amber cap tip. I hadn't seen anything like it. Five pages of Google images didn't reveal anything. And extra thanks, indigo, for the cheapsmells alert. Never ordered from them before, might take the plunge!

Thanks again. xx

http://www.perfumeintelligence.co.uk.../t/t2/t2p7.htm
    see the picture

(Flirtation) Created by Maurice Roucel a floral-oriental edt with top notes of magnolia blossom, bergamot and geranium, heart notes of rose, vanilla, iris and benzoin, on base notes of cedar, amber and musk.
    Presented in a slender rounded glass bottle which is decked light-heartedly with a collar and hat in three sizes, different one for a different sized bottle,designed by Serge Mansau.
    Packaged in a cherry red box with gold script
    Last edited by sunflower; 28th February 2012 at 03:50 PM.