Code of Conduct

Default What e-commerce website do you recommend for purchasing male fragrances?

I have been searching for good websites do keep refilling me with my ongoing frangrances need. And "good" means reasonable prices, low shipping rates and portfolio variety. I have come across this Californiaperfumes.com which has really good prices and shippings rates. Does anyone know whether it is trustworthy or just a fake-copies-retail? Would you recommend any other website for buying male fragrances? What is your favorite (for those who buy online often)?

Regards,

Rafael

Default Re: What e-commerce website do you recommend for purchasing male fragrances?

I mostly rely on ebay for my needs.

Default Re: What e-commerce website do you recommend for purchasing male fragrances?

I recommend buying retail from the actual designer sites or department stores with coupons on fragrances you truly want keep around for a long time because 1. You might get fake bottles, 2. You might get old bottles, 3. You don't know how these bottles were stored, 4. You get to return to the store for ANY reason without having to pay shipping or get deducted on shipping. 5. .... I'm sure there are more reason, but I can't think of anything else. But if you insist you could do a search "city shopping" it list all the online resellers.

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    I mostly rely on ebay for my needs.
    Tried ebay , Got a fakes from serveral 100 - 10000 Feedback Powersellers with 99.5% - 100% positive and the prices werent even like 50% off more like 25% off and still were fakes, also those negative feedbacks never mention fake bottles. pretty hard to get a real bottle if the the fragrance is popular or has been around for a long time.

So I would avoid ebay unless you have gotten real ones from them before and even still you have to go through those 4 other steps I mention.

Quote Originally Posted by ctran019 View Post
    Tried ebay , Got a fakes from serveral 100 - 10000 Feedback Powersellers with 99.5% - 100% positive and the prices werent even like 50% off more like 25% off and still were fakes, also those negative feedbacks never mention fake bottles. pretty hard to get a real bottle if the the fragrance is popular or has been around for a long time.

So I would avoid ebay unless you have gotten real ones from them before and even still you have to go through those 4 other steps I mention.
    From his videos, Brad mostly buys samples on ebay, which are rarely fakes because counterfeiters aren't going to take the time to fake a $3-5 sample. But if you're buying full bottles, I would not use ebay at all, very sketchy. I've had quite a bit of luck with overstock.com.

nothing but good things to say about scented monkey/luckyscent as online websites. I have yet to try caliperfumes so i cant comment.

And yeah I would never buy a cologne off ebay.
    tt

Quote Originally Posted by fitch256 View Post
    From his videos, Brad mostly buys samples on ebay, which are rarely fakes because counterfeiters aren't going to take the time to fake a $3-5 sample. But if you're buying full bottles, I would not use ebay at all, very sketchy. I've had quite a bit of luck with overstock.com.
    Thanks for the piece of advice. Unfortunentely Overstock do not ship fragrances overseas. But I have already ordered a pair o Keneth Coles slip-on loafers (lol)

Scented monkey seems quite nice as well ans luckyscent (the lather for niche frags). I will browse them all. Thanks!

I use strawberrynet mostly

FragranceX

Cheapsmell

Beautyencounter

Extrascents

I buy from three sources mainly:

FragranceX - great prices and genuine articles.

Cheapsmells.com - great prices too

Ebay - I have gotten wise on Ebay and have a good sense for genuine sellers. Nothing I can pass on in terms of wisdom because it comes mainly from gut feeling.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Harrods , Liberty , Harvey Nichols , Les Senteurs all offer good mail order if a little slow but that could be just me being impatient . Ironically www.escentual.com are always the fastest 2 / 3 days maximum and they dont charge for delivery .

I have been pleased with price, product, packing and timeliness in recent purchases with BeautyEncounters and Parfum1.

Edit Post did not work! Would add that somewhere in the forum is a fairly lengthy thread on recommended/not recommended ecommerce vendors. Perhaps someone with a better memory or search function skills can aim you at it.

How about fragrancnet.com? They often offer 10-20% off coupons and seem pretty trustworthy

For samples:

ThePerfumedCourt

For full bottles:

FragranceNet
    StrawberryNet
    ScentMonkey
    Parfum1
    FragranceX
    BeautyEncounter

I would avoid buying Creeds online unless it's from an authorized dealer, or unless it is a lesser known Creed such as Acier Aluminium or Baie de Genievre (avoid MI, GIT, SMW and VIW as these are highly faked). As for Ebay, be aware that many of the top sellers are fakes sold even by top-rated sellers. Avoid the big names (Le Male, Polo Double Black, Fahrenheit, Allure Homme Sport, etc) because they are the ones most often faked. At very least, make sure the seller you buy from has a return policy. Most of my purchases from Ebay have been successful, but I've certainly bought my share of fakes there. Luckily I was able to retrieve my money for all of them.

Since your from Brazil, I would suggest Beautive or the StrawberryNet store on Ebay, do not buy from the regular StrawberryNet online store, because they charge an extra 25% to deliver to Brazil. Other options would be Fragrancenet and Fragrancex, but their delivers are about 3 times slower.

I generally shop in ebay, and never had problems regarding fake fragrances. Although you have to be careful with the more popular ones, you find more fakes of them on ebay. Armani, Chanel, Creed seems to be brands that you have to be careful if the price is too low.
    For stores, i usually shop in fragrancenet, which has a large variety of products. You can also find discount coupons online, so you`ll have a lower shipping with them. My packages from there usually takes 20-30 days to be delivered and they aren`t taxed in general. Always keep an eye on fragrancenet, hard to find items just pop there with great prices.
    I also use fragrancex, but you have to be warned that it`s not so safe here in Brazil. Their packages take in general 2 months to be delivered, and you may be taxed with more frequency than fragrancenet (at least it was my experience). But, you`ll always find huge discounts there, so it may be worth the waiting,
    There`s also strawberrynet, which does nice promotions from times to times and it`s also one of the few which the shipping is trackable inside our country. Be warned that it's one of the most taxed stores on Brazil, but they also have a program of reedeming taxes.
    I have also already ordered from feelunique, which is a store with less options than the mentioned above. But they are a british store, and british shipping is very reliable, so the chances of your package get lost are small. They have free shipping, as fragrancex, and you can also find coupon codes at internet.
    I also recommend you reirien, which has hard to find fragrances, interesting samples and different shipping options available. I have shopped there using the first class shipping and didn`t have any problems. They also send you free samples with your order.
    I have never tried perfumeemporium, but this seems to be another reliable store, with great prices and with coupon codes on the net.
    Scented Monkey is not a good option for Brazil. They don`t ship to here using the USPS shipping, they use courier options, so you`ll be taxed no matter the value of your package. They also have a confuse costumer service, if you search on orkut you`ll find some complains about this store from individuals in Brazil that made orders there.

I have also tested this store recently:
    http://www.cheap-perfume.co.uk/onlin...e-toilette.cfm

They have some products ate very low prices. My package arrived in 20-30 days, without taxes. And they do offer you two shipping types, one that is trackeable and other which is not. I have used the non trackable shipping and didn`t had problems.

Cheapsmells (great site, to me at least, I'm a happy customer)

Fragrancex (never bought from them 'cause they're in US and shipment would take time, but it's matter of time when I'll purchase from them)

If you buy a bottle of fragrance on eBay (or anything else for that matter) and what you receive is not what you thought you were buying (Item Not As Described), eBay will cover you for your full purchase price (item cost plus shipping).

http://pages.ebay.com/coverage/index.html

Filing a report with eBay helps us (Yea, I work for eBay, proudly), get rid of those sellers who sell counterfeits.

BTW, 90% of my collection of over 1200 bottles was purchased on eBay. I have never received a counterfeit fragrance.

Griff
    Griff

Ive used FragranceX and fragrancenet for purchases and have has no problems whatsoever. All originals, no fakes. Have bought everything from Annick Goutal to Viktor & Rolf. Very quick and very professional (IMHO) The prices are really good too.
    Last edited by trex57; 9th October 2010 at 09:27 PM. Reason: bad spelling

This best set I used, where they treated me great, had great selections and were awesome when it came to customer service and packaging was a German site that people here recommended.

Aus Liebe Zum Duft

http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/?___st..._store=default