Code of Conduct

Default Has anyone ever had problems with small local fragrance stores having spoiled juice?

I think I have, but it could be my imagination.

My Kouros doesn't last long on me or smell quite the same as I remember. However, it was like 5 years ago since I smelled a different kouros.

It could just be this bottle as I have spent over 300 dollars at this particular store and never had a problem before.

Default Re: Has anyone ever had problems with small local fragrance stores having spoiled juice?

Personally I've never purchased a spoiled fragrance from a small store but I could see it potentially happening especially if they have a large stock and don't rotate stuff threw to much.

So this is your Kouros that smells off? http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249978-Vintage-Kouros

Go down to the images of the Kouros Box in this thread. Supposedly Kouros was slightly reformulated to some noses. Check the ingredients on the box for 2YFO2-2 or 2YFO2-3 at the end of the list.. the one ending in -3 is the one found to be a slight reformulation; possible its what you got?

Default Re: Has anyone ever had problems with small local fragrance stores having spoiled juice?

Its possible. The dept store Kouros I smelled in 2006 smelled way for astringent, bathroom cleaner-y than the juice I got now. Mine smells a lot more incense laden and spicy. However, it could all be in my head. My nose is a LOT more refined now too. But what bothers me is i'm not getting good sillage/longevity off of the bottle of Kouros I got now which is unheard of.

*update.

I actually just looked at the box and it is the 2YFO2-3 so scratch the vintage Kouros theory.

I think you may have it the wrong way round. From looking at that thread, 2YFO2-3 indicates newer, possibly reformulated Kouros.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    I actually just looked at the box and it is the 2YFO2-3 so scratch the vintage Kouros theory.
    Yes your version is the new one; it ends in -3 as the thread described. I think that hopefully explains this and its just not a spoiled bottle.

The toned down aspect your describing and the low sillage/longevity all say it to me. I've got a decant of the -3 ending newer version like yours and its as you described. Still Kouros to me but taken down a notch.

Quote Originally Posted by WillC View Post
    I think you may have it the wrong way round. From looking at that thread, 2YFO2-3 indicates newer, possibly reformulated Kouros.
    Thats the argument I was making

Oh sorry okay I see what you mean Pappy.. Based on your original post you thought it could have been an old/vintage bottle and now you see its at least a recent production. My mistake; it you want I could send you a small decant of the bottle I've got ending in -2 to compare with your memory of Kouros. PM me if your interested.