Code of Conduct

Default Millesime, love and luck, unforgivable

So I sampled Ed Hardy's Love and Luck and it smelled to me just like Unforgivable by Sean Jean. Of course everyone says that Unforgivable smell like Millesime Imperial, but I have never smelled a Creed in my life unfortunately. These two that I have smelled last 2-3 hours and stick close to the skin after the first 30 minutes are up. I also have heard that Millesime had the same problem. This leads me to the question; is there any scent that smell damn close to these, but actually projects and actually lasts 7 hours or better? I know that it's an aquatic type scent, but there are some aquatic that do project and last. I'm looking for something similar to these three. Thanks to anyone that responds

Default Re: Millesime, love and luck, unforgivable

MI doesn't smell like Unforgivable. I don't get the connection at all. If you want a long lasting fresh watermelon aquatic, try Acqua di Gio.

Like I said I've never smelled MI, but many people have compared Unforgivable to MI. Based on the many, many people that have written that and said that, I would think that there are similarities. I've smelled Acqua di Gio and worn it many times and also have worn Unforgivable many times and I would never say that they smell similar. They are both aquatics, but not similar

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    MI doesn't smell like Unforgivable. I don't get the connection at all. If you want a long lasting fresh watermelon aquatic, try Acqua di Gio.
    I have MI and never smelled Unforgivable. But when I have worn MI I have had two girls ask if I was wearing Unforgivable. So to the 'untrained' nose they must at the very least generally smell alike.

There's a melon vibe to both Unforgivable and MI; dry-down are world's apart though. But I can see how people would say that.

Love & Luck, I get a pear vibe from it, not melon. Still part of the fruit world though.

I had bought and enjoyed Unforgivable and was real curious about MI. Some here said if I owned one I didn't need the other , that they smelled the same, but Creed got the best of me and I blind bought MI.
    I DO understand why people say the fragrances smell the same, there's something common but MI is one I'll be keeping in my collection as long as I can afford to replace empties. I haven't worn Unforgivable since and it's downgraded literally to a fabric freshner. It smells good, no question but when you compare it to MI, the game is over. One hell of a blind buy, against recommendations too! It's so damn classy.

That being said, Love & Luck... haven't tried it. I should, I just need to get past my prejudice against the whole Ed Hardy douchebag thing.
    .Dave J

Comparing love and luck to Millesime Imperial is laughable. MI also doesn't have a resemblance to Unforgivable, but it does to Unforgivable Multi Platinum.

i persoanlly dont care for any of the three. especially millesime imperial. IMO its one of the most overrated fragrances

Quote Originally Posted by xdsjx View Post

That being said, Love & Luck... haven't tried it. I should, I just need to get past my prejudice against the whole Ed Hardy douchebag thing.
    Yeah, that will be next to impossible for ME to do. But I am all for sampling any fragrance. I saw Love & Luck at a discounters recently, but it was still $49.99.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Unfortunately for aquatic lovers, one of the downsides of most of those scents is short longevity. They are meant to be light and fresh. Some people think Bond No. 9 Wall Street is similar to MI and has more longevity. Read the reviews.

I can get about 5 hours out of MI. Haven't tried the other scents referenced, but there is a strong contention that Unforgivable was designed to be an MI ripoff.

I got the same vibe here. I made a similar topic, and people disagreed. ALTHOUGH, I think MI and Love and Luck are more similar than Unforgivable and MI/Love and Luck.

Oh well. Whatever, who cares. Me I guess :P

FWIW, a youtube reviewer also shares my opinion and the OP's opinion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gODpX2FkJo0
    Last edited by G Man; 1st January 2011 at 07:57 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Longevity is an issue for all three of them, especially Love and Luck.

Unforgivable is similar to MI, but with darker undercurrents while MI had a lightness about it. It's not a faithful clone, but it isn't a bad cologne either. It's hard to recommend if you have high standards, but you may like it.

Love and Luck is the best immitation of MI. It's a great scent and I can easily wear it as an MI substitute without feeling short changed. If you really like MI, but can't afford it, just go and by Love and Luck.