Code of Conduct

Default TOm Ford Purple Patchouli - discontinued

Yesterday I passed by the Tom Ford boutique in Dubai mall to inquire whether Azure Lime has been launched . I found out that Purple Patchouli has been discontinued and the boutique no longer has any stock. This information sent me into a frantic search frenzy. I passed by several retailers to find they too were out of stock. Even Harvey Nichols ( British saks fifth avenue ) was out of stock. Finally after several calls I found an official TF retailer that only had 3 250ml flacons in stock. Obviously i rushed over . Then at the cashier I found out that they're 40% off!!!!

Being the typical hedonist, I immediately asked if Tuscan leather & champaca absolute were also discounted, unfortunately not.

This confirms though that purple patchouli is truly discounted
    I feel sad, 500 ml with conservative usage will barely last me 2 years. Then what? The Le Labo & Bois 1920 patchouli fragrances are a level or two below the Tom Ford patchouli IMO.

But yaaaay thankfully I found it before I had to resort to contacting ( harassing ) friends who are abroad haha.

Default Re: TOm Ford Purple Patchouli - discontinued

That's bad... I kind of like Purple Patchouli actually. Pretty interesting take on Patchouli what with the floral notes.

How much does the 250ml flacon cost over there in Dubai after the discount?

supperman, its really a wonderful take on Patchouli. I wonder why designers choose to discontinue parfums. To me it indicates a lack of popularity. Otherwise why would they discontinue it? To bring it back in the future "by popular to demand" for a sudden exaggerated boost in sales? Dunno....

junkfood, 530 US$ before the 40%. So turned out for $317. Pretty good really. Wish all TFs were this price haha

Thanks for the info. My brother is currently working in Dubai so maybe I should ask him to bring back something for me
    By the way, generally how are the prices for the frags over there? (retail and DFS)

That's too bad, I thought PP smelled like a greenhouse, I really should have gotten a bottle
    I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc

Junkfood, prices are average I think . Cheaper than Europe but perhaps similar to s'pore.
    Do you mean Dubai Shopping Festival? Yeah prices are excellent during the festival!

Lightgreen, did you like it? If so maybe youncan source one before the stock totally saturates.

They have a few 50ml bottles discounted in a store nearby here as well. But it just smelt too soapy to me, I'm surprised with all the positive feedback it has on basenotes.

Hmm, now I wish I would have sniffed this earlier. Oh well, opportunity lost.

Oops, I mean the Dubai Airport Duty Free. Any exclusive/interesting stuff over there?

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedSanity View Post
    .......at the cashier I found out that they're 40% off!!!!
    Wow, I have never seen or expect to see a 40% off sale on any Tom Ford products, Moss Breches came and went without such a sale. Lucky you!

Junkfood, thrice a year the WHOLE of Dubai duty free goes on 30% sale. Imagine Rolex & Hermes 30% off - drool

Kevin, the retailer is a very very very successful family owned business, so they could afford to unload at that discount. Plus its "only" PP not Tuscan leather or oud wood .

Never smelled it, but the name is so cheesy! Is that what Barney the Dinosaur smells like?

i am so depressed to hear this news!! this was one of my favourite scents!

bax, wow first post. Were you looking for purple patchouli and found this thread? But yeah, totally depressing.

Is there anywhere that Purple Patchouli is still available? Or have I just missed the boat

Luxx, I guess you could find it if you hunt a bit like I did. Call up the places that usually stock TF. Im sure you're bound to find a place that still has some in stock.

There's one on the evil bay now for those interested: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SEALED-TOM-F...#ht_751wt_1141 (not personally affiliated)
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!