Code of Conduct

Default Philosophy on darker yellow colored juices.

Maybe it's just me, but I seem to notice a pattern. Nearly every fragrance that has that darker yellow juice, from cheapies like King by Parfums de Coeur, to Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille, to TdH, to Diesel Zero Plus (which, although you can't see.. is dark yellow) and plenty of other ones, I notice for projection and longevity to always be well above average.

Does anybody else feel the same way?

Default Re: Philosophy on darker yellow colored juices.

I agree although there are exceptions(as always). AMen Pure Malt is another good example, but Creed MI is the opposite.

Darker colour juice generally, though not exclsively, indicates a higher concentration of perfume indigredients. This would explain the longevity.

Decanted into a clear bottle, Terre de Hermes EDT has only a faint color. The clever design of the bottle gives it the appearance of its yellow/orange color.

Yes, urine often enhances the smell of perfume.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

yeah it indicated higher concentration of oils. But, I'm still puzzles as I always thought half of them were "dyed", so is it a coincidence?

Add Pi, to that list, I get great longevity and projection with it.

Yes TdH is a very dull yellow, slightly darker than Tommy Bahama which is edc strength when decanted. Which is what puzzles me. TB is an edc yet has great longevity because the juice has that yellowish tiny to it.

As for the concentration of oils, that seems right. But, then again I know of plenty of perfume strength frags that are clear.

Ekove brings up a good point about dyes and bleaches. Don't these affect the juice?
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Some of my favourite fragraces has that color, and they last very well on my skin. Michael Kors for men, Hermes Bel Ami, Creed Bois du Portugal and Malle Musc Ravageur.

To my knowledge all juices are colored. The color chosen is just part of the marketing, like the box or the bottle. They try to associate a color with a smell, hence all the amber colored incense/spice frags and pink colored candy florals.

Quote Originally Posted by blondex199667 View Post
    To my knowledge all juices are colored. The color chosen is just part of the marketing, like the box or the bottle. They try to associate a color with a smell, hence all the amber colored incense/spice frags and pink colored candy florals.
    Not all juices are colored artificially. If they are, you'll find the dyes listed in the ingredients. A lot of natural essential oils and absolutes have a significant color to them. For instance, it's very hard to make an all natural blend that is completely clear because so few oils are completely clear - many at least have a slight yellow hue.

Amouage, for instance, no longer colors their juices artificially. Memoir Man is a light peridot green color, the same color as many absinthes, and the coloring is at least in part due to the lavender absolute they use, which in concentrated form is a very dark green color.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more