Code of Conduct

Default How can you tell how much fragrance is remaining in solid bottles?

I have this problem, and it just annoys the hell out of me to not know how much of a fragrance I have left. I had this issue with Czech and Speake #88, and have it now with Silver Mountain Water and Emporio Armani He. Particularly with SMW, it's a pretty heavy bottle in itself, so it's a little bit tricky determining the remaining juice. Anyone have any tips?

Default Re: How can you tell how much fragrance is remaining in solid bottles?

Hold it next to a lamp, you will see it's partly shine through.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Weight the bottle when it is new. Most perfumes weigh somewhere around 0.85g/ml (for alcohol-based products) and that will give you a reasonable estimate, but you can, of course, weigh a sample of the specific product (perhaps as you decant some into a small bottle for travel or as a gift for a friend) and note the exact weight of the specific product for a more perfect measurement. One suggestion I would like to make for basenotes.com is to add to its impressive and extensive Directory, measurements of the weight of each fragrance and also the weight of the empty bottle. These data would aide in just the problem you have but could also be helpful in detecting counterfeits too.

DeepSilence

Shake it and listen to it's sound. maybe it works

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotomy View Post
    Hold it next to a lamp, you will see it's partly shine through.
    This works for SMW, definitely. The white coating is but a thin sheet over a transparent bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gollnick View Post
    Weight the bottle when it is new....
    This is a very good idea. I have been doing this for a while now.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

You could try refrigerating it overnight, then take it out and see where the condensation line is.
    Worth a shot...

This works for numerous bottles. GIT, Antaeus, and other's as well. Hold a flashlight right up against the back of the bottle, and you can see It's content's.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Put a flashlight at the back of the bottle with SMW. You can also do this with Zino Davidoff. You will see liquid inside.

Any advice for Narciso Rodriguez For Him? Flashlight don't work.

Mmm I wonder how much my Kenzo Power bottle weighed when I bought it...

Shake it,baby,shake it!
    Revenge is Tribute