Code of Conduct

Default Which fragrances wow'd you just from getting wafts of it from a card on your desk?

I know the thread title seems a little bit silly, considering the specificity of it, but I think that it's very interesting to think about, because although body chemistry plays some part, when you get wafts of fragrance from a card just on your desk, I think you get a pretty good idea of how you will smell to other people with this fragrance. Also, a lot of times you just forget about the fragrance, and you suddenly start to smell something really great, and have to figure out what it is.

For me, this has most notably happened with Encre Noire and Silver Mountain Water. With Encre Noire, I know that it smells great, but smelling it from my desk really exposed me to those great musky notes from it in the drydown. Also, with SMW, I wasn't crazy about it at first, but then I got the sweeter, muskier, almost milky drydown, and loved it then. Both times I had to figure out what I was smelling, and where it was coming from.

Default Re: Which fragrances wow'd you just from getting wafts of it from a card on your desk?

I absolutely love the smell of SL Ambre Sultan in a room but I just can't wear it.

Default Re: Which fragrances wow'd you just from getting wafts of it from a card on your desk?

The one I have tried thus far which I would ALMOST buy just to spray onto and smell off cards is John Varvatos Artisan Black. Off of a card, this stuff is wonderful. But, on me, it, unfortunately, smells dirty. Fortunately, on me, it only lasts about 30 minutes. Off a card, though, Black is wonderful and it just hits your nose before you even bring the card up.

The other one that really wowed me in a very negative way off of a card was Sonoma Scent Studios Fireside Intense. I had barely released the button from the first spritz of this stuff when I got worried about whether or not the smoke alarms would go off. This stuff wins the award for the most correctly-named fragrance I have yet experienced and it certainly does wow you off the card from six feet away. I've never managed to get up the currage to try wearing it. Maybe I'll go to a halloween party dressed as a fireman and wear a spritz of this to complete the effect.

l'Air du Desert Marocain
    This must be post #100 where I mention this fragrance, but it's the truth.
    This is the only fragrance where I can smell it's sillage from a card lying on my desk.

Quote Originally Posted by Partagas View Post
    I absolutely love the smell of SL Ambre Sultan in a room but I just can't wear it.
    That's pretty much my answer, too, except I can and do wear it. I had cards sprayed with Ambre Sultan and Amber Absolute, and I finally chose to buy the Tom Ford but they both smell amazing on paper and basically last until the end of time.
    Spray it, donít say itÖ
    WARDROBE

First time I smelled GIT. I couldn't believe the deep, dark, green, brown quality of the scent. Never smelled anything like it.