Code of Conduct

Default Chanel Rouge Coco?

I haven't tried these lipsticks yet but am very curious about them. If some of you have tried them, I would love to hear your opinions and experiences and favourite shades!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: Chanel Rouge Coco?

okay, I've been rather lemming after these new shades so I did go to swatch a few....focused on three reds: Gabrielle, a ripe tomato red, with a bit of orange and quite bright. Paris, a bright toned pinkish red, some have noted it as fuschia, not me, I would describe it as a candy apple red. And Rivoli, which has a muted tone, is more of a wine red, perhaps like a pinot noir. This is the one I came home with, very wearable, versatile, imo, and best complimented my mixed race light olive skin tone.
    They are touted as having a conditioning formula, and I do find the texture to be silky, smooth and comfortable to wear.

a further note on the Rivoli: sometimes plummy, berry reds can lean towards brown, not the case with this shade.

also the lipsticks have a soft scent like rosewater
    Last edited by rtamara41; 21st October 2010 at 12:03 AM.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Finally got down to testing these.

Since I have already four great bright & warm reds (Kanebo Treatment Lip Colour Strawberry Tl107, Guerlain KissKiss Rouge Gipsy 111, YSL Rouge Indien 7 and Rouge Opium 131) I concentrated on other kind of reds.

I was delighted to find the shade "Rouge Orage 23" in the collection, because that one was my first Chanel lipstick ever! I bought it in 1990 at the Charles de Gaulle airport before flying back home after a month in Paris... It still looks just as good in this new formula as it did then.

My other choice was "Vendôme 25", a very flattering warm muted red that makes my eyes look even more green.

I've been sporting Coco Mademoiselle Rouge Lipstick for about 2 months now - LOVE IT! It's more pink than I usually wear, but it's been a wonderful change.

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    I've been sporting Coco Mademoiselle Rouge Lipstick for about 2 months now - LOVE IT! It's more pink than I usually wear, but it's been a wonderful change.
    Same here-- I love it! They do have a nice formula, almost as creamy as Shiseido, but with better colors. Paris looks lovely; I've been thinking about trying to do a darker, brighter pink this winter.

Basenotes Plus

I've been buying coral lipsticks & Chanel are some of my favorites. #44 & 78
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Are those the new Coco Rouge Shine ones?

Basenotes Plus

44 is, Sari d'Eau. Beautiful shade but I think I made a mistake swatching it on my hand instead of trying it on. It's very orange & I tend to turn things orange anyway.

http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragranc...O-SHINE-119570
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

In the Shine range everyone is going nuts over Boyfriend. A pretty soft pink shade.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

That's true but it's not for everyone. Very, very light.

Coco Rouge No 80 is one of my staplers! Adorable quallity!
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Basenotes Plus

OK ladies, is this lipstick really worth the price? $32 for a lipstick seems so so so MUCH. What is the charm - is it really long lasting or is it the Chanel name....educate me, please
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

It is longlasting, at least on my lips! But of course I have to put it on several times during the day, especially after eating. - One can learn to not ruin the lipstick during eating, but I don't manages that well yet... - Also you don't have to put so much on, so the stick lasts longer than for examle a lipstick from Lancöme, Clarins or YSL. The stick lasts almost as long as Sensai The Lipstick, who is even more pricey!
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

I find Coco Rouge longlasting and I also love the way it feels and smells. Extra points for the tube that snaps shut! Though the lipstick is light as a feather and very easy to apply, it stays on well. And the shades are beautiful.

Basenotes Plus

Thank you both, margareta and tigrushka. Sounds like I should check them out
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home