Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cool BEST: Clubbing Fragrances

Hey guys! I noticed that everytime I go to clubs, I find myself reaching for only about 2-3 scents (Dior Homme, Pure Malt and sometimes Azzaro Pour Homme) from my wardrobe. But I want more. I wanna know what other frags are perfect for clubbing?

What's your top 5?

Thank you!
    Last edited by volley2; 17th May 2011 at 02:39 AM.

Default Re: BEST: Clubbing Fragrances

Le Male, 1 Million, La Nuit de L'Homme, Body Kouros, Dior Intense, Rochas Man, A*Men, Lolita Lempicka au Masculin, Armani Code, Burberry Brit, Fierce, ... The list goes on.
    Acqua di Gi˛ is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

ive been sticking to Pure Malt for clubbing/partying. Projects, lasts, and god damn does it smell good. Non stop compliments

but obviously Le Male also..

i wore pure malt, but the smoke in the room made it feel like i don't have any cologne on. i would also like to know some good scents, especially those that can cut through smoke

BY Man was my no.1
    Now its 1million & Versace Man

and Issey Miyake PH (my compliment getter) especially for warmer nights

1 million hands down. 2 thumbs up

one million and body kouros
    Bottles for Swap:

Givenchy Pour Homme 1.7oz(97% full)
    CK Obsession Night 1.7oz(97% full)
    Cerruti 1881 1.7oz(50% full)
    Un Jardin Sur De Nil(95% full)

Looking for:

Chanel Allure Sport
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Polo Blue
    Fahrenheit Absolute
    Dolce and Gabbana The One

I always wear Narciso Rodrigues PH.

Great! Will check out Body Kouros. Perhaps will do blind buy. hahahahaha

Dependent

I tend to use SMW for such night-outs. It is my fave "clubbing" fragrance.

1 Million
    A*Men
    Pure Malt
    Dior Homme
    Armani Code
    Black XS
    Fahrenheit
    Le Male
    Gaultier2
    Joop!
    Hypnose
    Kenzo Jungle PH
    Azzaro Silver Black / Onyx
    Zino
    Lolita Lempicka au Masculine
    Last edited by Chasing the Dragon; 11th October 2010 at 01:03 AM.

Nothing really. I usually go scentless. I've even worn some mega sillage monsters like Black Aoud and they're no match for a dark crowded place with about 1000 different smells in the air.

I've only found two scents in my wardrobe that sort of work. S-eX by S-Perfume which reminds me of the smell of vinyl records or Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford because of its smokiness.

Gucci Rush for Men is a go-to in this category. Ambre Sultan works well, too. Go light on the trigger with both. They're long-distance scents. The incensey notes go very well with clubbing.

If you really want to set yourself apart and stand out in the crowd - don't wear any. You'll be a breath of fresh air.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post
    If you really want to set yourself apart and stand out in the crowd - don't wear any. You'll be a breath of fresh air.
    I don't agree with that, you just won't be noticed. A lot of people don't wear cologne and the people that do usually wear the typical ones and overapply as well. Finding something unique and being somewhat subtle about it is key.

Some scents I've worn out that really work well for me have been...

Hypnotic Poison
    La Nuit De l'Homme
    Tobacco Vanille
    Pure Malt
    Black XS
    Rochas Man
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

I think almost anything with the proverbial "monster sillage" works so long as it doesn't turn funky on you when you heat up. It also depends on what kind of club you're at. The catch is that big frags are usually a love/hate affair (A-Men, Joop!) and you may really turn off someone you're hoping to turn on.
    Chicago, like almost all US and most European cities is now smoke-free so that is not usually an issue. But if it is, try Tom Ford's White Patchouli. It contains a huge amount of an industrial compound specifically created to mask stale smoke.

Malle Musk Ravageur

I definitely make a distinction between clubs - vs. - bars/restaurants/lounges. If we're talking straight up dance clubs, the big places with the big dance floors, blaring music and lights, packed crowds etc. - I look for fragrances that have higher energy / sweetness / projection / etc. and although I LOVE Pure Malt, it's more a bar/lounge/restaurant fragrance to me.

For true CLUBBIN' I go with:

A*MEN
    Givenchy Pi
    YSL La Nuit
    Euphoria Intense
    Musc Ravageur
    Champagne de Bois (SSS)

And in the summer or hotter weather I throw in - Versace Eau Fraiche

I don't think you need monster sillage as much as you need a scent that accomplishes two things:

1. Makes you feel confident and have great positive vibrant energy when you wear it
    2. Really smells good to the females who get in close to talk to you or dance with you...

..Because in most clubs it's so loud and crowded you need to be in close to have conversation, which means IMO you really DON'T need a fragrance with so called 'monster sillage'.

Also, I hate Le Male. Maybe it smells good to women but it smells terrible to me, especially the powdery aspect of it. I simply do not feel confident or manly wearing it, which goes against my rule #1 above, so I don't wear it.

I've been toying with the idea of getting 1 Million though...
    Last edited by fsface; 10th October 2010 at 06:26 PM.

If any of you guys want a great clubbing scent that is a bit different, Escada Magnetism worked wonders for me.

Costume National SCENT INTENSE is the ultimate weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Malle Musk Ravageur
    This is one of my faves in my collection. However, I tried it one time in a club, it got over powered by the smell of smoke.

I guess it just depends on who you plan on clubbing. "Boy that guy sure was vicious but dam he smelled good!"
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Chloroform, it's guaranteed to get 'em swooning every time...
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

The first scent I would think of would be Gucci Envy for clubbing

Others I think would be a good fit would be Musc Ravageur, Rochas Man, and Body Kouros

Secretions Magnifiques

+ 1 for 1 million

Blog Entries

La Nuit de l`Homme by Yves Saint Laurent
    Preferred Stock by Coty
    Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche
    Cigar Aficionado By Aficionado Fragrances

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

The Dreamer
    Opium pour Homme
    , EdP
    Hypnotic Poison
    Gaultier▓
    Xeryus Rouge
    Allure Homme
    Black Orchid
    Fahrenheit

Antaeus (the smell of an 80s gaydisco)
    Le MÔle (the smell of a 90s gaydisco)
    Dior Homme (the smell of a 00s gaydisco)

Thank you guys for the help. I bought something. I'll post it at the Today I Bought thread.

Clubbing is such a serious thing. If you have the BMI to wear say an Armani lilac and purple shirt. L'EAU D'ISSEY can be very girly. In a sexy way.

Distinctive rather than uber-masculine.

BY Man
    Body Kouros
    Escada Magnetism
    Black Orchid is pretty Loud
    Gautier 2

But as others stated it depends on if your @ a dance club, bar etc...
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

+3 for Escada Magnetism. Works great.

I'd also add...
    The Dreamer
    Le Male
    Body Kouros
    1 Million

Powder/incense type fragrances seem to work well in a club setting...and women love them.
    Personally too much of the powdery smell makes me nauseous.

Well I dont do much clubbing, but I have been to Las Vegas and I know for a fact, the best frag for walking around the streets of Vegas (and if that's the case, you know its good for clubbing) is, 7 Wonders of the World Colosseum. It is a Perfume for Men, and it smells like...vegas. Well actually its a very sweet scent with hints of vanilla and coconut and it tends to be sort of floral and spicy in the top notes. Its simply amazing and long lasting. You should get some. Look it up online, its great stuff.

The official site lists these notes...what I said is just what I seem to smell in it. But these are the listed notes: Plum accord, Italian bergamont, Juniper, Cinnamon Bark, Jamaican rum, Agarwood, Sandalwood, Vanilla Bean, Apple and a touch of class from Eclectic Collections.

I know I said this before, but Vegas smells like 50 buffets being wafting through the desert, especially on I-15. Specifically eggs, bacon, toast, and cheap pizza. Unless you're on Fremont, of course - then it's the pee and hooker combo.
    The Bark Bites Back.

it depends how clubbing looks like
    if i want to dance and make a lot of moves then i get lightweight
    issey miyake summer version , live jazz, joop thrill
    if i want to chill and drink then i get middle/heavy weight
    jil sander man (2007) or its even sweeter flanker absolute
    terre d'hermes
    angel men (1spray) or am pure malt (2)
    givenchy pi
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzˇw

It's been awhile, but for me Pierre Cardin was the ultimate clubbing fragrance. I think it would work marvelously today, and nobody else would be wearing it. Try it!

My process for selecting a "clubbing" fragrance (inasmuch as I actually go clubbing these days, having discovered my preference for pubs over clubs and maintaining a decent alcohol buzz rather than getting mercilessly smashed) generally involve browsing the bestseller lists, cross-checking them with what I myself smell most often at clubs - there's rarely much deviation - and then picking something from my collection that veers almost entirely in the opposite direction. 1 Million and Black XS are nauseating, Le MÔle and Armani Code are played out, Light Blue and La Nuit are dull as dishwater, and the less said about A*Men, in any variety, the better. (Sorry, guys.) Dior Homme is a favorite but strikes me about as club-friendly as a lavender pencil skirt and matching pillbox hat.

I wear what makes me feel interesting/confident/sexy/mysterious/fun-loving, and what I simply love to smell on myself, not necessarily what I think will help me score with the hotties. I go to clubs to have fun with friends, not specifically to pick up. I usually end up with Opium, Fahrenheit, Obsession, or for kicks, Angel. (It's just the perfect "wild night out" fragrance, and why should the ladies have all the fun?)

Quote Originally Posted by subhuman85 View Post
    My process for selecting a "clubbing" fragrance (inasmuch as I actually go clubbing these days, having discovered my preference for pubs over clubs and maintaining a decent alcohol buzz rather than getting mercilessly smashed) generally involve browsing the bestseller lists, cross-checking them with what I myself smell most often at clubs - there's rarely much deviation - and then picking something from my collection that veers almost entirely in the opposite direction. 1 Million and Black XS are nauseating, Le MÔle and Armani Code are played out, Light Blue and La Nuit are dull as dishwater, and the less said about A*Men, in any variety, the better. (Sorry, guys.) Dior Homme is a favorite but strikes me about as club-friendly as a lavender pencil skirt and matching pillbox hat.
    Yes, yes, and more yes. Tried on 1 Million earlier today - made me run to the nearest restroom to scrub the stuff off my wrist. Also tried Rochas Man - pleasant and generic and not for me at all. I agree, wear what you feel confident wearing, the ladies will sense the confidence in your body language.

Can't wait for my Body Kouros so I can give it a test drive...

Love the title of this thread. I've heard of clubbing seals but clubbing fragrances...that's hardcore. Save the scents.

Have we found new gems for going to bars??!? Getting bored with my frags. hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    Have we found new gems for going to bars??!? Getting bored with my frags. hahaha
    Try 10 Sprays of Black Aoud and see what kind of smoke can overpower urs.
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Volley, care to give an update?
    I think you must be building your drobe at similar pace as Jrd4t did and look at him, now
    Somehow I dont think Body Kouros would make the cut for you anymore

BTW, my favs are generally Azzaro PH, in summer maybe one of my CW flankers, in winter Ambre Sultan/Russe, maybe some heavily applied MR.
    Smellin good

@Timaru: Jrd4t's drobe would forever remain a dream wardrobe for me I guess... =(

Being based here in Shanghai, I don't really get the chance to smell different varieties of frags. But I guess based on what I have been reading here in bnotes, it seems like:Dior Homme Intense, L'instant du Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme and that, ummm, which one is that, La Nuit de L'Homme Le Parfum version sounds like can do the job.
    Last edited by volley2; 18th February 2011 at 11:31 AM.

You dont get to smell different varieties???
    well thank you, sir, you own stuff that I wouldnt even know where to look for ( except maybe paris )

And actually those three, I dont think either of them projects enough in a club.
    Smellin good

Quote Originally Posted by timaru View Post
    You dont get to smell different varieties???
    well thank you, sir, you own stuff that I wouldnt even know where to look for ( except maybe paris )

And actually those three, I dont think either of them projects enough in a club.
    I asked my friend to call the China Post Office to find out about sending out perfume samples outside of China. Unfortunately we are not allowed to do that. I wanted to send you some decants. =( I'm still trying to figure this out. Maybe I'll just wait for a friend to go there to Germany and give it to him then pass it on to you.
    Last edited by volley2; 18th February 2011 at 12:14 PM.

EVERYONE goes for A*Men, Armani Code, 1 Million or Le Male. So I wear Bang by Marc Jacobs. Projects nicely and is very different to any of those. Wear this stuff on a night out and chances are you wont smell like anybody else... Apart from me of course!

Do you really want a monster projector in a club? Or do you want one that stays reasonably close to the skin, so that one's target initially gets just a hint of the delightful fragrance and then feels compelled to get closer in order to enjoy to really enjoy it.

I guess monster projector but in a pleasant way. We're not talking about Kouros here. =)

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    I asked my friend to call the China Post Office to find out about sending out perfume samples outside of China. Unfortunately we are not allowed to do that. I wanted to send you some decants. =( I'm still trying to figure this out. Maybe I'll just wait for a friend to go there to Germany and give it to him then pass it on to you.
    Too bad
    But thank you anyway!
    Germany must be as hard getting stuff into as china is getting stuff out (via post)...
    Be sure that I'd be delighted whenever!

Regarding that Projection thing, I do understand that it's not about suffocating others but the mentioned smoke problem combined with the amount of people and odours around requires at least a certain degree of projection in order to be noticable at all, i think.
    Smellin good

Altimir - not the best but a good one.

Clubbing must be an exercise in oxygen deprivation.

Lempicka au masculine - underrated or just a gem? Lots of compliments with this one

Quote Originally Posted by jonnylemale View Post
    ive been sticking to pure malt for clubbing/partying. Projects, lasts, and god damn does it smell good. Non stop compliments

but obviously le male also..
    [/quote]

Banned

1 Million, cuts through anything.

Quote Originally Posted by mambac View Post
    1 Million, cuts through anything.
    Apart from a room full of hundreds of teenagers wearing 1 Million...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by QWERTYOP View Post
    this is america man, i have never smelled 1 million on anyone, EVER!!

Quote Originally Posted by QWERTYOP View Post
    Exactly. In the UK its like a plague. Shops, clubs, bars - everything reeks of 1MLN. Barf.

Fuel for Life, Tobacco Vanilla and Black Oud: they smell good, last, and cut through anything!